Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Serious Sam series > The Second Encounter

Old 11-28-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
Nekrage

Banned
Steam achieves not updating

I have 18 serious sam 2 achieves and my profile page only shows that I have 11. This has been like this for months it seems.

Here is a screenshot of my steam client. And a link to my ss2 profile page.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...mchievebug.png

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Nekrage...econdEncounter

I REALLY care about achievements and I wont touch SS3 until I have this games achievements COMPLETE. I obtained ALL of the first game's achievements, and tried the 3rd(for 10 mins cause I couldnt resist)...man it looks so good.

I purchased each serious sam 5(FIVE) times for myself and 4 of my friends to play it with me...cost over 50 dollars. We are all huge fans of the series and I would like to get this fixed so we can all meet up in SS3

Anyway help me out if you can. Here is the current list of the achievements I have AND DO NOT APPEAR IN STEAMS LIST(properly).

LIST OF ACHIEVES I HAVE THAT DO NOT APPEAR ON MY STEAM PROFILE
1.Game Master
2.Coin-op Co-op
3.Coin-op Life Saver
4.Rocket Jumper
5.Persia Master
6.Medievel Master
7.Space Marine
8.Look Ma, I Won!
9.Deathmatch Beginner
10.Fragger
11.Diverse Fragger
12.Frag Combo
13.Cooperative Survival Beginner
14.Cooperative Survival Master

I will provide multiple screenshots showing each achievement unlocked within The Second Encounter if requested.

Last edited by Nekrage: 11-29-2011 at 12:38 AM.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:04 PM   #2
Cunin

I really think this is a problem of Steam, maybe try to contact them?
Cunin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:12 PM   #3
Nekrage

Banned
Well I contacted steam, I will wait for the response and post the results just in case anyone else comes across this issue someday.

Edit: I wont play the game anymore until this issue is fixed...I can continue to obtain achievements but they wont properly register on my profile. I also cannot play SS3 now because I cannot complete this game.

I dont want to gain a ton of achievements to find out I wont be getting credit for them.(Yes this is important to my enjoyment of this game and every other game...ACHIEVEMENTS!)

Last edited by Nekrage: 11-29-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Nekrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:33 AM   #4
Nekrage

Banned
So disappointed with this...cant play this or the 3rd game that I JUST purchased 3 copies of.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:13 AM   #5
Nekrage

Banned
Still no response regarding this : (....this sucks.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #6
Nekrage

Banned
No reply been a week....really could use some assistance with this. Spent over $200 on Serious Sam games....would expect a little support.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:46 PM   #7
Nekrage

Banned
UNREAL....spent over 30 hours getting the multiplayer survival gold achievement...now its gone. My achievements have been reset to the 11 on my profile thanks to valve support.

WONDERFUL....ufr

Edit: JUST NOTICED ALL MY ACHIEVEMENT PROGRESS HAS BEEN RESET TO 0...HURRAY!

Last edited by Nekrage: 12-06-2011 at 04:26 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:30 AM   #8
alenl

Croteam
This problem looks very strange. Are you perhaps sometimes playing in off-line mode? Or perhaps you connection breaks mid-play at times? I think we've seen cases where Steam would somehow "lose" an achievement if you are not online when you get it.

We are trying to re-award each of them each time you get in the situation to get it, so you could "fix" it that way. (Yes, I know that it is tedious for some of those, but at least something.)

For Sam3, we have a backup system where we store the achievement and re-award it every once in a while until Steam "gets" it. We can try to integrate this system into TSE, but note that you would still have to re-earn those, as it appears the only place they exist is in the local cache in your Steam client, which is not globally relevant.
alenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:31 AM   #9
Cunin

sorry to hear that :/
Cunin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #10
Nekrage

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by alenl View Post
This problem looks very strange. Are you perhaps sometimes playing in off-line mode? Or perhaps you connection breaks mid-play at times? I think we've seen cases where Steam would somehow "lose" an achievement if you are not online when you get it.

We are trying to re-award each of them each time you get in the situation to get it, so you could "fix" it that way. (Yes, I know that it is tedious for some of those, but at least something.)

For Sam3, we have a backup system where we store the achievement and re-award it every once in a while until Steam "gets" it. We can try to integrate this system into TSE, but note that you would still have to re-earn those, as it appears the only place they exist is in the local cache in your Steam client, which is not globally relevant.
Thanks for the response...I have been getting increasingly frustrated...sorry if I came off nasty. The SS3 backup system seems like the way to go. If you can implement that into TSE that would be amazing...I am sure it would fix the issues I have had and hopefully any future problems other players run into.

If you plan on implementing this feature when do you think this would be possible?

Last edited by Nekrage: 12-06-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:39 PM   #11
Nekrage

Banned
Any other news or perhaps an update regarding this?

I would love to see a system that attempts to "re-push" achievements to steam.

Last edited by Nekrage: 12-09-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:31 PM   #12
Nekrage

Banned
Will this be included in the upcoming patch for TSE?
Old 12-19-2011, 08:46 AM   #13
Nekrage

Banned
Hate to keep bumping this really, just wondering if I should start my life ruining achievement farming once again : (

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Serious Sam series > The Second Encounter