Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Two Worlds

Old 11-29-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
youngneil1

Two Worlds 2: Worldmerge Mod released

Dear readers,

It has been a long ride to finally get here. And certainly I would have dropped dead from my horse ages ago without the continuous support of all the good people mentioned further below. So I will start this with a BIG THANK YOU for those who have accompanied me through all the crazy ramblings and experiments scattered wildly over hundreds of my posts across the great forum at insidetwoworlds.com.

Worldmerge - though done without SDK/Toolkit - combines the Two World 2 main campaign, the eleven multiplayer adventure maps and the whole Pirates of Flying Fortress Expansion into one coherent, newly balanced singleplayer gameworld. It ties everything together with a very long new questline sending you all around the world of Antaloor, even to the most hidden corners. You will find three new difficulty levels (Novice, Expert and Master) with various tweaks and enhancements, each for a female or male player character, that bring a lot of extra challenge. In addition to that many great mods by gifted modders from the Two Worlds 2 community are included (see details below). The singleplayer game time (compared to the 45+ hours of TW2+PotFF) is easily extended by more than 15 extra hours (25+ if you choose the Master Difficulty).
___

All you require is the original Two Worlds 2 game (PC), patched to version 1.3, and the corresponding Pirates of the Flying Fortress expansion. It is advisable, though not required, to use an English language installation.
___

For installation just place

a) the RESOURCE LEVEL file into the subfolder WDFiles in your TW2 install directory and
b) unzip one of the seven variants provided into your TW2 install directory (files will end up then in WDFiles/MODS and SoundData). Note: The sub-sub folder MODS is just for better sorting. You can also place everything directly in the WDFiles folder (minus the sound files which have to go into SoundData).

You will find download links to these files at the end of this post.
___

Concerning usage:

A fresh start is required - it will not work (properly) with old savegames.

1. Install the mod as described
2. Make a fresh character in the normal singleplayer main campaign
3. Save her/him
4. Go back to main menu
5. Start a Pirates of the Flying Fortress expansion game (worry not, this will due to modding lead to the normal start of the main campaign)
6. Import your fresh character into the expansion game without choosing to level her/ him up

When all works out as described, you will have a fresh level 1 character in Vakhmaar Castle. A new entry in your quest log should read "Two Worlds Colliding". When you find it, you're set to go. Just to rephrase: Trick here is that the character is created using the old campaign start option, but the game is played via using the PotFF option (with importing that lvl 1 char from the old campaign).
___

The new questline starts at the beginning of the game and is designed to run almost to the final end. The questgiver is a "Crystal Man" you will find on the bridge spanning the central chasm in Alsorna (the island where you will find yourself once leaving the dungeons of Castle Vakhmaar).

Ah, and no mods allowed in multiplayer.

Enjoy it and please give some feedback here in this thread: RELEASE Worldmerge - INSIDE Two Worlds.

The included readme contains many more details.

Many greetings to you brave adventurers!

youngneil1
27th of November 2011

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

Worldmerge Core Level Ressource Full 1.0 (this is the base file needed for all seven variants following below)
WORLDMERGE CORE LEVEL RESSOURCE FULL 1.0.WD

Worldmerge Master Male 1.0
WORLDMERGE MASTER MALE 1.0.zip

Worldmerge Master Female 1.0
WORLDMERGE MASTER FEMALE 1.0.zip

Worldmerge Expert Male 1.0
WORLDMERGE EXPERT MALE 1.0.zip

Worldmerge Expert Female 1.0
WORLDMERGE EXPERT FEMALE 1.0.zip

Worldmerge Novice Male 1.0
WORLDMERGE NOVICE MALE 1.0.zip

Worldmerge Novice Female 1.0
WORLDMERGE NOVICE FEMALE 1.0.zip

Worldmerge Vanilla 1.0
WORLDMERGE VANILLA 1.0.zip
Old 12-04-2011, 08:04 AM   #2
youngneil1

Heads up: Worldmerge Version 1.2 released

DOWNLOAD LINK:

This single file contains all you need.

Worldmerge 1.2 Setup.exe:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/b299bb....2%20setup.exe
___

Important Note for current users of older Worldmerge Versions (Beta, Release 1.0 or Release 1.1):

Lyrus discovered some nasty bug with the last quest step for Marvin's/Stoney's questline. After completing the last (former) mp map (the one you gathered the XI series for) you will be - as intended - teleported back to Marvin, but then he will fail to understand that you just solved this last map. With 1.2 this bug is cured, but this does unfortunately not cure your existing savegames. Therefore I have come up with the following hotfix:

1. Open ingame console (with ^ or tilde key) and enter:
twoworldscheats 1
quest.eq 990070

2. Then speak to Marvin - after you're done, enter:
quest.cq 990070

This will resolve the questline as intended. My apologies for this glitch and the associated inconvenience of this hotfix.

Best wishes
youngneil1
youngneil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:58 AM   #3
youngneil1

Heads up - new version:

DOWNLOAD LINK:

This single file contains all you need.

Worldmerge 1.3a Setup.exe:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/e1t3tu...3a%20setup.exe
Old 12-21-2011, 11:56 AM   #4
wsgroves

Thanks for posting this here. Havent looked into mods for this game in a long time but will check it out. Thanks.
wsgroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:13 PM   #5
youngneil1

Fine to hear

New version of Worldmerge up (1.3b) - get it here:

DOWNLOAD LINK for Worldmerge 1.3b Setup.exe:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hb3qyo...3b%20setup.exe:
Old 01-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #6
soundcreepy

fantastic mod, thank you
soundcreepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #7
kozzy420

Thanks, going to try this out
kozzy420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #8
MushRush66

It might just be me...

After installing your mod, TW2 was playing brilliantly until I got to the edge of the Savannah (where you have to do the Starvation Quest)... Now the game crashes constantly and does not respond to the Esc. key or any other for that matter, also saved games will no longer load - I restarted Steam and my PC, and TW2 will not escape to the main menu - very strange...

It may have been a coincidence, but TW2 never ever had crashing issues before installing the mod - oh well, I have already gotten my monies worth out of the game - time for me to move on...

I really wanted to see how your mod worked out merging the game together, but I am not going to reinstall the main game and the DLC again and spend hours troubleshooting as well...

Thanks for the effort youngneil1 - I guess I'll never know how well it would have worked...
MushRush66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:51 AM   #9
StonerMk2

Suppose ill post this here since it doesnt look like Mr. YoungNeil has been around in a while. But anyway, WorldMerge 1.4a was released back in Feb. For any that are interested, it lies here

http://www.insidetwoworlds.com/showthread.php?t=33839
StonerMk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:55 PM   #10
mojoba

Angry Don't use world merge if using 360 game pad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonerMk2 View Post
Suppose ill post this here since it doesnt look like Mr. YoungNeil has been around in a while. But anyway, WorldMerge 1.4a was released back in Feb. For any that are interested, it lies here

http://www.insidetwoworlds.com/showthread.php?t=33839
I thought the worldmerge mod sounded good but started to have my doubts when trying to select a customised character which had broken weird graphics. I fixed this my deleting the character mod in the mod folder. However 20 minutes into the game I came across a game breaking bug during the fighting tutorial. You have to use a special skill called block breaker by pressing button "B" on the xbox360 controller but there is no response. Don't waste your time with this mod unless your using keyboard and mouse but then you might come across a different game breaking bug after hours of play which would be depressing.
mojoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:03 AM   #11
R.E.M.

Thank you for your work, an awesome mod indeed.
R.E.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:51 PM   #12
Jitterskull

Do you think I should download this mod?? I'm new to it though.

Should I play the singleplayer, it's DLC and multiplayer adventure/coop missions first??

Also, it said "newly balanced singleplayer gameworld". What exactly changed in the balance?????
Jitterskull is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Two Worlds