Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 11-29-2011, 11:49 PM   #1
Moose423

Repair the Phial, Can't get Briar Heart

So my bug number 2. All I need is the briar heart. I killed the guy the arrows sent me to took his heart but it didn't go into my inventory and still points at him. I went to an apothacary shop and bought 3 and none of them appear in my inventory. Bugs, someone get the bug spray out.. uggh.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:54 PM   #2
Xinra

I had the exact same problem - this quest is bugged. I had to use "setstage MS12b 60", in the game console. That will flag the quest, to have you return to Quintus. I was able to complete it without any further problems.

The other bad thing about this afterwards, is that any Briar Hearts you collect hereafter will be stuck in your inventory... and labeled as quest items. So you can't remove them.
Xinra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:04 AM   #3
T7nowhere

I ran into this same bug today.

That really sucks, I was so confused when it didn't update the quest log. thanks for the info Xinra.
T7nowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:11 AM   #4
Xinra

This next step is going to sound very complicated, but it will help with quests like this afterwards - when quest items become permanently stuck in your inventory, and begin to take up weight to encumber you.

Goto your console (~) and type player.showinventory. Thsi will give you the hexadecimal number assigned to every item in your inventory. Use Page Up / Page Down on your keyboard to cycle through the list. Once you have the hexadecimal number go back to your colsole and type player.drop (hex_id) (amount).

This will clear your inventory, and adjust your weight of items you're carrying, for stuck quest items.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:44 AM   #5
GoldenShadow

quest items don't use up weight though.
GoldenShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:47 AM   #6
Xinra

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenShadow View Post
quest items don't use up weight though.
I was not aware of that. Very nice.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:02 AM   #7
hoilst

FUN FACT: It's possible to get all three ingredients!

ANOTHER FUN FACT: It's then perfectly possible to have all three damn ingredients, but for the game not to let you give them to the bastard who wanted them...

Ask me how I know this...
hoilst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:09 AM   #8
Leif_Reiker

I think this is one of those times where not just any Briar Heart will do - you need to go out and kill the specific NPC that the map sends you to. And if you happen to have killed that NPC already and sold or used his heart in some other way... well... "Go the way of the console...."

That is something that appears worse in Skyrim, than it was in previous games. Bethesda need to IMPROVE the game's parsing of quest specific needs - maybe that's why we are seeing so many glitch reports.
Leif_Reiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V