Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Batman: Arkham City

Old 11-29-2011, 11:33 PM   #1
ethelim

Question "Batman: Arkham City has stopped working"

Win7 64bit
Batman: Arkham City has stopped working
Went through activation successfully, tried restarting. Game keeps showing that error trying to launch.

Last edited by ethelim: 11-29-2011 at 11:38 PM.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:50 PM   #2
Astori

maybe it is graphical error?

try launch option on the next run,

disable all DX11 options, including Tessallation
and disable Tessallation on your VGA setting (usually right clicking from windows tool bar)

also, posting your PC spec would give us "more accurate" guesses on your PC's problem.

Hope it helps
Astori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:09 AM   #3
ethelim

The issue was apparently that it kept trying to launch in DX9 mode. So I right-clicked on the entry in the Steam game list and chose "Configure PC options" which spawned the CD Key dialog every time I did it, and on the fourth attempt along with the CD Key dialog came a launcher window that let me go to game settings, and enable DX11.

Now that the game launches, I see that it's stuck in the German language version, even after applying the Laucher.ini tweak recommended over in the Warner Brothers forums.

The game should at least recognize the chosen OS language, not the chosen location, and I'd expect a game that's this new to not try to launch into DX9 which my video card doesn't support anymore.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:38 AM   #4
gxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethelim View Post
The game should at least recognize the chosen OS language, not the chosen location, and I'd expect a game that's this new to not try to launch into DX9 which my video card doesn't support anymore.
Which card do you have? Because AFAIK all cards are downward compatible to dx9? And you'll have stuttering and frame drops on dx11 in case you didn't look at any other topic (it's bugged).
gxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:48 AM   #5
ethelim

Nvidia gtx 580. I don't get DX9 as an option in any game.

I saw the DX11 sticky, but until the game manages to use the English/Int localization the DX11 issues are secondary here.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:51 AM   #6
Verderf

try running the launcher.exe from the game folder and set dx11 to disabled.
Verderf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:00 AM   #7
supakillaii

It still crashes for me even if in DX9 mode and without AA, when entering the church after saving Catwoman from Two Face and from attempted shooting.
supakillaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:12 AM   #8
Verderf

Have you tried verifying the game cache?
Verderf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:26 AM   #9
supakillaii

-snip- wrong forum
supakillaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:17 AM   #10
ethelim

The game is working (with DX11), and the English language version (ini tweak + moving the other localization folders out so the game can't find them).

Now the issue is that the game doesn't save progress. Been playing for some time, when you die you begin at checkpoints, but when you quit the game, you start over from the very beginning.

Is the build they went live with on Steam some old beta build? Even the game's nvidia card definitions in the ini files are dated 2007 (consequently none of the newer cards are even on there, which might be the reason why it tried to load DX9 on a gtx 580).
Old 11-30-2011, 07:31 AM   #11
ghostsq

This is what I get when my game crashes as for other people also. It let me play a while, so what I was able to play it is a great game it was fun until it crashes again. So I hope that this patch fixes this.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:39 AM   #12
aLLCAPS!

I have this same problem, stuck at 16% and can no longer play! Free DLC?
aLLCAPS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:05 AM   #13
Country Steak

I was having the same error as the OP when trying to load the game. In my case, I solved it by going into settings and choosing to have DX 11 features "off". It's a fine stopgap solution though I'd prefer to be able to play with all the bells and whistles enabled.

Last edited by Country Steak: 01-15-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Country Steak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:22 AM   #14
ginger-ninja

I just finished downloading and installing the game only to arrive at this same issue. I opt to play the game and it runs through all the splash screens. At the end of the Nvidia animation the sound stutters. Then the menu comes up for about a second before the game crashes. This occurs when DX11 settings are both on AND off. My computer defaulted them to off. From here I don't really know where to go. The installation and everything went fine, it just errors out here and gives no real indication of why it crashed.
ginger-ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #15
-GS-

The game works correctly for me, but whenever I quit, i get the "blah blah stopped working" message (Win7 64, GTX 470 SLI, all graphical options maxed out); and sometimes Games For Windows Marketplace crashes just seconds after the login from within the game, but Arkham City still continues to work. I reckon this is not a serious fault but just a minor annoyance, but has anyone alse experienced this problem?
-GS- is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Batman: Arkham City