Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 12-01-2011, 04:09 AM   #1
Iralunaumbra

C:\windows\system32\XINPUT1_3.dll Error

Hello
I just got the game yesterday and i installed it like you should but it wont open all i can get is the Menu Window where i can press

"Play"
"Optipns"
"Data files"
"Tech Support"
"EXUT"

Every time i press "Play" i ether get a "Steam - Update News" window up or just nothing happen.

So i read about this 4GB Patch and tried that but then i get some error saying "C:\windows\system32\XINPUT1_3.dll is ether not ment to dun in windows or may be damaged. Try to reinstall using original install media....."

So i have done a reinstall like 3 times now - nothing
I whent to Steam support to see what to do and followed the guide with 3 apps you need run (dotnet DirectX and some 3rd) - still nothing

So now im pretty much lost i freaking just got this game and it wont run any ideas?

Old 12-01-2011, 04:23 AM   #2
Jgamer

what are your system specs
Jgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:31 AM   #3
Tinusleet

Try downloading the dll file in question from another source. dll.com or whatever. google it. then replace the one you have installed with it. worked for me on tons of games when a dll file bugs out.
Tinusleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:43 AM   #4
Iralunaumbra

Win 7
Intel Core i5 760
16GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD 5750
Old 12-01-2011, 04:44 AM   #5
Iralunaumbra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinusleet View Post
Try downloading the dll file in question from another source. dll.com or whatever. google it. then replace the one you have installed with it. worked for me on tons of games when a dll file bugs out.
didnt help
Old 06-17-2012, 01:25 AM   #6
Morris9681

I downloaded Skyrim The Elder Scrolls V from Steam yesterday and had a similar problem. When I clicked play nothing happened.

After a lot of digging around on forums it appeared it was something to do with Directx and an application extension XINPUT1_3.dll. Anyway to cut a long story short I found this on the DC Universe Online support forums, http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuop...?topic_id=5948 , and rysohl's post about halfway down worked for me (I didn't delete the file I moved it to a memory stick just in case) - anyway here it is, as follows

"Don't know if anyone is still having this issue, but for the record... I got this error after installing on my new system running Windows 7 64-bit. The issue is that even though it says the problem is in the C:\Windows\system32 directory, the file causing problems was C:\Windows\SysWOW64\xinput1_3.dll. I deleted this file and reinstalled DirectX, which replaced the file and it ran fine after that. Hope that helps anyone else who comes across this issue..."
Morris9681 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V