Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Stronghold series > Stronghold 3

Old 12-01-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
Meety*`

Worth the money?

Hey, I was just browsing around and I saw this game. I wanted to see if this game is worth the money. Is it?

Any issues I should be aware of? How is the online?

Thanks.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #2
Chris199

Game is totally buggy, and issues with loading/saving.

There is no skirmish mode, the only thing to do is missions, or custom made scenarios on custom maps, or Multiplayer

I don't play multiplayer, so i don't know a lot about that, but all i see on these forums is bugs and unplayability (not being able to finish a game), and big problems with syncing.

So your main question: Worth the money? Hell no.
Chris199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #3
hiphopgaz

A strategy game with no skirmish??....

Or maybe they will release a skirmish mode as a buyable DLC

Last edited by hiphopgaz: 12-01-2011 at 03:45 PM.
hiphopgaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:48 PM   #4
Ric666

Game is getting patched weekly & has improved greatly since the disappointing release.

Patch coming tomorrow adds in an invasion menu to freebuild mode(which so many people have been shouting for) & some multiplayer stabilization.

Multi is alot of fun & in the coming weeks it will hopefully be fully stable.

The core gameplay is as good as any previous version(imo). They just need to work through the list of bugs which they are doing slowly but surely.

In my personal opinion, it's a fun game that had a terrible start but is definitely getting better every patch.

I have alot of fun playing it but this just my 2cents. It may assist you to make a decision
Ric666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:34 AM   #5
macsta

well if you played company of heroes the best made rts game ever made in 2006.

it should of been brought out till 2020 compared to this game.this game is going back in time...

no skirmish

intro for campaigne is black and white drawings that dont move they couldnt even put colour to it..

and multiplayer well if you like player disyncronised games that crash every game your in luck..

they need to give everyone there money back take the game work on it for another 2 years and ask THQ what can we do to make this game one of the best...

it has the potential to be the best but i hate the way this game is made and i think any gamer that requires a great rts game agress...

this may assist you to make a dicision
macsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:27 AM   #6
Ric666

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsta View Post
well if you played company of heroes the best made rts game ever made in 2006.
Starcraft2 is by far the best RTS ever!! COH is fun but nothing compared to the might of the starcraft universe. Brotoss for life!!

Maybe shouldn't discuss that here though. Touch off topic.

Sorry.....I'll leave now
Ric666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:12 PM   #7
City Builder

Found todays patch now adds the ability to launch predetermined attacks against your castle in free build.

It was fun to launch some troops that totally cut through my walls with their trebuchets like a hot knife through my buttery castle walls.
City Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:10 PM   #8
Chris199

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiphopgaz View Post
A strategy game with no skirmish??....

Or maybe they will release a skirmish mode as a buyable DLC
It would be a ripoff to have skirmish in a DLC. It should have been included in the original game, and we are STILL waiting for kingmaker mode which was also supposed to be in original release. (it was also in a post here that there would be a content update in the month of November, Which never happened)

They state there will never be a skirmish mode because the game was never designed for AI, which is stupid but it is what it is.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #9
snobeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris199 View Post
They state there will never be a skirmish mode because the game was never designed for AI, which is stupid but it is what it is.
WTF, are you serious? This is actually the ONLY reason why I have not bought the game yet. Bugs I can live with while I wait for them to patch, but no skirmish mode was such a let-down, that I decided to wait for that to be added. Where did you hear this?
snobeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #10
City Builder

Yeah see that's similar to what I read about the skirmish but not quite.

What I read is that an admin on the firefly forums said that there will not be a skirmish mode for Stronghold 3, but I have not read anywhere that it was because the game was not designed for AI, which would preclude it from ever having a skirmish mode.

Where as if they just left it at there will not be a skirmish mode for Stronghold 3, that actually leaves the door open for skirmish mode.

Maybe Chris199 could post the URL where an admin or developer specifically states that there won't be skirmish because the game is not designed to have AI. Not that I don't trust you Chris, but I don't know you, and many people unintentionally pass off what others say as gospel to be truth without checking further into it.
City Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:59 PM   #11
MikeMonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meety*` View Post
Hey, I was just browsing around and I saw this game. I wanted to see if this game is worth the money. Is it?

Any issues I should be aware of? How is the online?

Thanks.
No. This is no way, shape, or form a $50 game. Wait for it to hit the bargain bin.
MikeMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:04 AM   #12
Burro Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric666 View Post
Starcraft2 is by far the best RTS ever!! COH is fun but nothing compared to the might of the starcraft universe. Brotoss for life!!

Maybe shouldn't discuss that here though. Touch off topic.

Sorry.....I'll leave now
Starcraft 2 is to the RTS genre what Batman is to Universal Literature.
Burro Loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #13
Chris199

Here is a post regarding the Skirmish and Co-op modes. read Daz01's post

http://www.fireflyworlds.com/index.p...catid=45#16122

Also at the bottom of this page, another nail in the coffin as firefly admin states they will not be delivering a skirmish mode

http://www.fireflyworlds.com/index.p...&limitstart=40

More:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...5&postcount=58

Where i read the game is not designed for AI, might have been from another player, i am unsure because i cant find the post. Sorry for the bad info

Last edited by Chris199: 12-04-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #14
chasestew

Lies! wc3 was top RTS well before sc2 how do u think they got people hooked onto WoW?

IMO this game as improved a lot. Haven't crashed since i updated to 1.6.
chasestew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:15 PM   #15
iMars

Trust me, if getting my money back were an option at ALL, I'd have already done it.

Saying this game has improved is like saying "At first I was standing in a pile of warm up to my knees, watching a tornado headed in my direction.. but NOW, I am only standing in a pile of up to my knees, but at least that tornado looks like it might change directions."

True story.
iMars is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Stronghold series > Stronghold 3