Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 12-01-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
AustoVonAdstar

Take a Forsworn Heart ?

Ok i am doing the quest to repair the Phial. I need to get a Forsworn Heart. I killed the guy that my quest pointer was pointing too but i could not find any heart on Him. How do i get the heart?
Old 12-01-2011, 06:10 PM   #2
EllEzDee

Not certain, as i haven't reached this quest yet, but i'm sure it said to get a Briar Heart...
EDIT: ...which is an alchemical ingredient found in numerous places.
EllEzDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:20 PM   #3
WrathOfLust

Yeap,briar hearts are inside the forsworn leaders,fun fact,if your good at pickpocket you can actually sneak in and pickpocket his heart for an instant kill
WrathOfLust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #4
EllEzDee

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrathOfLust View Post
Yeap,briar hearts are inside the forsworn leaders,fun fact,if your good at pickpocket you can actually sneak in and pickpocket his heart for an instant kill
"Briar Hearts can be looted or pickpocketed from Forsworn Briarhearts. Observe that if you pickpocket their hearts, they will immediatly die."

What the...fluff? I thought they were from plants, as i've quite a collection of them, yet no recollection as to where i gathered them from...must have been from corpses then.
EllEzDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:55 AM   #5
WrathOfLust

Hehe,saw some forsworn leader guys,took a screenshot of briar hearts,from the little conversations enemies have it seems to be some sort of ritual that those crow witches do to improve these guys,cut our there real heart and replace it with that... enjoy

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/64...28A2401A2BD32/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/64...E3FDB470D4E53/

Several dozen forsworn have died in the making of these screenshots.
WrathOfLust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:11 AM   #6
Humanist

this quest is bugged if you already have briar hearts in your inventory. at least for me.
you can fix this by opening the console and typing in:
Code:
setstage MS12b 60
make sure to do this when you have the other ingredients (unmelting snow, mammoth tusk powder), so you actually did the quest and not simply cheat your way through (you got the heart, now get the other things). more information about setting your stage in this quest can be found here
Humanist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:26 AM   #7
AustoVonAdstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrathOfLust View Post
I pick pickpocketed the heart. But i could not hand the quest in for some reason. So i had to force the issue with a console command. I had retrieved all the items the honest way so i did not feel like a cheat by using the command to force the quest to a conclusion.
AustoVonAdstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:42 AM   #8
Obomonus

OH this quest!
I had 4 briar hearts in my inventory when the guy in the ingredient shop told me what he'd need to fix the phial.
I found it odd that my quest didn't give me an update message.
SO! I travelled out to kill the Foresworn guy marked on the map. Took his briar heart off his corpse and still no quest update message.

Fun stuff. So I reload and force drop the briar hearts I have and then go kill the guy again. Still no quest update message.
I've given up on it.
Obomonus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V