Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Anno series

Old 12-04-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
Brumbek

Smile [PATCH] Anno 1404/DoD: Venice Unofficial Patch!

January 5, 2013 Version 1.10 is done!! Changelog here.

Download it from my DropBox here. Or download the .7z Patch Archive from 4Shared.

The patch is now mirrored on Patches Scrolls, AtomicGamer (.7z file), and Gamers Hell (Outdated). Patches Scrolls and Gamers Hell use .zip files and are twice as large as the 4Shared and AtomicGamer .7z archive versions.

As of 04/24/2014, Steam finally uses version 2.1 of Dawn of Discovery: Venice. You no longer have to download a separate manual patch archive.

Hi Anno friends,

I'm the current Admin of the Anno 1404 English Wiki, and after doing some extensive testing, I've found a method to modify the fully patched game and not break achievements. Hence, I've created an Unofficial Patch, a massive project to fix the remaining issues the game has.

The purpose of this patch is to provide a 100% proper English localization, for both the European version and the American version, while also fixing the remaining game, quest, and achievement bugs. The bug fixes will also work on all other language versions as well.

A summary of changes the Anno 1404: Venice Unofficial Patch makes to create a flawless English localization:
  • Over 21,000 lines of text reviewed to fix over 1,000 grammar issues, spelling mistakes, and typos.
  • Over 3,300 tooltips reviewed with hundreds of fixes and improvements to ensure accuracy and clarity.
  • Over 1,100 quest story texts present only in the German version have been translated and fully restored.
  • Localized over 300 words used in over 1,300 places to ensure 100% proper spellings for both the American and European English versions.
  • Added production chain ratios text to all relevant building tooltips; this is insanely helpful!
  • Added quest names to all dialogs offering quests so now you don’t have to accept to see the name.
  • Over 50 quest logic errors fixed – some cosmetic, some quest-breaking, and one game-crashing.
  • Fixed mismatched quest text and quest objectives for many extensive quests.
  • Fixed a few achievement bugs to finally allow all 316 achievements to be completed; five were impossible to complete for most players.
  • Changed achievement descriptions to actually match the requirements for a handful of achievements that had misleading descriptions.
  • Restored funny and witty achievement sentences for all achievement tooltips that were mistakenly removed.
  • Removed quest timer that adds 18 minutes to all quest queues effectively making it so you almost never get quests from some NPCs but lots from others.
  • All terminology standardized to remove ambiguity; a few terms renamed such as “Loan” is now “Grant”.
  • Renamed a few key buildings and goods to make more sense. For instance, “Animal Hides” don't come from Pigs, “Pigskins” do; the “Mill” should be called “Flour Mill”; “Eyeglasses” not “Glasses”, “Wheat Farm” not “Crop Farm”; and so on.
  • Implemented a consistent style guide regarding capitalization, names, and so on.
  • Added optional mods to make playing less tedious, such as infinite Norias and Resources, silencing annoying messages, and only having to find 1 wanted persons.
  • Countless other fixes and improvements – the major changes documented in the 16 page change list.

A few pictures, even though most changes are text-based:

A fun new logo banner.

These production chain ratios make life so much nicer.

Restored quest story text! Rejoice!

Now with Quest Names listed when NPCs offer Quests!

Outdated as of 04/24/2014:
The unofficial patch also requires version 2.1 of Anno 1404/DoD: Venice. Download the Steam manual patch file here.

Last edited by Brumbek: 04-25-2014 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Version 1.10.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:08 PM   #2
Suds13

Very cool, thanks for all the the hard work you put in to make a great game even better
Suds13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:12 PM   #3
NorthernKingdom

Banned
Good game.
NorthernKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:10 PM   #4
Brumbek

Updated to version 1.1. Mostly grammar and format fixes.
  • The message: “The Treasure was taken on board your Ship [MSGQUEUE_CITYNAME]” was fixed to read: “The Treasure was taken on board your Ship [MSGQUEUE_SHIPNAME].” This makes it so the correct Ship name displays instead of blank text.
  • Fixed grammar for quite a few Sabotage messages. “Poison” changed to “Poison Well”. The wording “some wells” changed to “a Well” since the act only poisons one well. When a Spy is in cooldown mode, the message now reads “cannot carry out any new orders right now” instead of “cannot carry out your order right now”.
  • Fixed grammar for fighting chances. Instead of saying “The chances of success are” it now says “The chance of success is”. Standardized chances to be “Good”, “Uncertain”, or “Poor”.
  • Fixed wording “One of your Buildings in” to “One of your Buildings or Troops in” since this message also applied to Troops.
  • Fixed wording “The Quest XXX can be completed at this Building” to “The Quest XXX can be completed at this Location” since this sometimes is a random spot in the water.
  • For Venice Scenario 2, changed “blueprints” to the more proper “Construction Plan” term.
  • For Venice Scenario 2, changed “Diplomat” to “Advisor” since this is the name of the Item you receive.
  • Added funny and witty achievement sentences to the interface text so that when you unlock an achievement in-game, you see the full text instead of being forced to check your profile page to read it.
  • Quest title “A Gentlewomen's Ransom” fixed to be “A Noblewoman’s Ransom”. Quest text also changed from “gentlewoman” to “Noblewoman”.
  • Standardized all “Abbot” references to “Monk” since this is the most commonly used name. Ensured “Monk” was always capitalized.
  • Standardized the term “Sea” instead of using “Ocean” since “Sea” is the most commonly used term.
  • Four quests with “Ocean” in the name renamed to “Sea”.
  • Grammar fixes for a number of quest story texts.
Brumbek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:17 PM   #5
Gibbo93

Banned
That is cool. Thank you.
Gibbo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:12 PM   #6
mr.ioes

Sad to see that this received so little recognition.
I was looking for quest fixes and apparently I found them. Thank you, Brumbek!
mr.ioes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:20 PM   #7
Brumbek

Smile Version 1.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.ioes View Post
Sad to see that this received so little recognition.
I was looking for quest fixes and apparently I found them. Thank you, Brumbek!
Glad you can enjoy it. Anno 1404 has such a small audience sadly...still, now it has a great unofficial patch.

Speaking of which...version 1.02 is done! With many, many improvements and fixes.

v1.02 – December 10, 2011
  • Added bullet points to the Building menu tooltips to improve readability and cleaned up text up clarity.
  • Added production chain ratios to the Building menu tooltips in some places I originally forgot (when pressed).
  • The Venice “Seal of Discretion” medals were all missing XML “ConditionText” lines, which means the game would award you the medal in-game and show the gems you received but the proper in-game text for telling you what you did to earn the medal was blank. These texts for the Bronze, Silver, and Gold variants have been restored. I edited the \addondata\config\game\properties.xml starting around line 22880 and added three new lines.
  • Monument stages names cleaned up. Instead of “Masonry” it’s now “Stonework”. Descriptions of each phase’s building activities has been added to the tooltips for the Cathedral, Sultan’s Mosque, and Historic Warehouses. This provides some fun and interesting information and can be read at any time by selecting the Monuments and hovering over each phase’s icon. I fixed incorrect names for the buildings during the building phases. The Cathedral’s “Imperial Cathedral Nave” phase name has been changed to “IC Timberwork” since at this point only the timberwork is done. Sultan’s Mosque “Sultan’s Mosque Cupola” stage renamed to “Sultan's Mosque Tilework” since the cupola isn’t done at this phase.
  • The “Oriental Warehouse” build menu tooltip actually was incorrectly using the “Oriental Market Building” tooltip! It should rather use its own tooltip, very similar to the “Small Warehouse” tooltip. I’ve created a new tooltip and edited the assets.xml by altering GUID 35344 in two places to use “<BuildButtonTooltip>135040” not “135009” so now it properly listed the right number of Market Cards and that this building also creates a Harbor area and creates a Construction Area.
  • I realized the game does refer to the main “campaign.txt” file for certain help quests, therefore, I’ve added the file back to my patch and cleaned up the help texts. Still, it won’t have any effect on the base game’s Campaign.
  • There are only 4 sub-quest type quests in the game, and 3 of the 4 could be denied by the player. I’ve changed them to be unable to be denied by the player. Sub-quests are quests linked to other quests, and therefore, being able to deny them will make the original quests impossible to finish. Therefore, being able to deny them was an oversight. Specific GUIDs: 8051274, 8150340, 8150342.
  • Changed the very unhelpful “activate the relevant button” wording and to actually specify the button name for quite a few tooltips and loading tips.
  • The helper text for Luxury Needs claimed you had just reached a Metropolis, however, this helper text is given when you first acquire Noblemen. I changed the text to indicate you’ve built a thriving City, not a Metropolis.
  • Removed duplicate quest story text line in addontexte.txt that I accidently included. It didn’t cause issues but was unnecessary. (GUID 40650343)
  • The text for the “Order of the Keepers” medals changed from the abrupt “XXX tons of Goods stored” to “XXX tons of all Goods stored in a Warehouse”. This looks better and is more accurate.
  • Standardized “Medal” instead of how Anno previously switched between “Medal” and “Medallion”.
  • Fixed a few places that referred to “Gold Coins attained” to the proper “Gold Coins accumulated”. Likewise, changed a few places that referred to “Medals attained” to the proper “Medals obtained”.
  • The term “click” has been changed to always refer to either “Left-Click” or “Right-Click”.
  • The term “Multiplayer Session” now is only used when setting up a Multiplayer server. The actual game is referred to as a “Multiplayer Game”. For instance, when setting up the permanent variables for the game, such as natural disasters, the term “Game” is now used, not “Session”.
  • The terms “Shutdown” or “Shut down” have been renamed to “Halt Production” since this is most commonly what the game refers to.
  • Standardized terms for using Acts of Sabotage: “Deploy Arsonist”, “Incite Revolt”, “Dispatch Well-Poisoner”, “Send False Prophet”, and “Unleash Belly Dancer”. Previously the game would mix up terms.
  • All references to keyboard keys changed from “button” to “Key”. All keyboard keys are also now in quotes. The term “button” was also capitalized and now exclusively refers to game interface buttons, not the keyboard.
  • Standardized message to “Requirement not Satisfied” instead of Venice’s “Prerequisite not Fulfilled” when hovering over locked bonus content.
  • Standardized “Earn the Achievement” instead of the occasional “Attain the Achievement”.
  • Standardized all Campaign Chapter numbers to use Roman Numerals instead of the occasional numerical digits.
  • Standardized “in a number of different Games” terminology and removed the occasionally used “over a series of games”.
  • Standardized the term “Auto-Save”, instead of “Autosave” or “auto-save”. Same with “Quick-Load” and “Quick-Save”.
  • Standardized terminology for “Road Connection” instead of the occasionally used “Road access”.
  • Standardized terminology for “Transport Ship” instead of “Transport Boat” for Troops.
  • Fixed Assassin Camp being called “Sapper Transport Ship” when turned into a Transport Ship. It is now properly called “Assassin Transport Ship”.
  • The term “Bailiff” used for a Base of Operation’s guards has been changed to “Watchmen” since this is a more familiar term and the game uses it elsewhere.
  • The term “Encampment” has been changed to always be “Military Camp”. This was done since the term “Encampment” was ambiguous and only used occasionally. Likewise, “Big” changed to “Large” referring to Military Camps to standardize text.
  • Made sure every reference to “Historic Warehouses” was in the plural, as the game intended.
  • Renamed “A Poor Cattle Driver” to “A Poor Cattle Drover” since this is more accurate.
  • Renamed “Items unlocked” to “Bonus Content” on the Diplomacy profile for the player since this is what the Profile Page in the main menu calls it.
  • Key combinations using “Shift”, “Ctrl”, or “Alt” are standardized to be written “Shift + Left-Click” and so on.
  • Made sure all Venice items had the “…” after their descriptions just like all original game items had.
  • Renamed the “Preorder” emblem to “Preorder Lion” to be more descriptive and not as lame.
  • Capitalized all references to “Production” when in relation to the gameplay concept. Also capitalized “Production Buildings” instead of “production Buildings”.
  • Capitalized “Goods transfer” in a few places that weren’t capitalized.
  • The word “co-operation” changed to proper “cooperation” in a couple places.
  • Capitalized “Partner” when referring to AI or Human partners.
  • Capitalized “Opponent” when referring to a proper opponent like an AI or Human. The term is not capitalized if referring to a nonspecific opponent.
  • Capitalized every “savegame” reference.
  • Capitalized a few “acts of sabotage” I missed before.
  • Phrase “Requires a Marketplace” changed to “Requires a "Company" Need Building” when trying to build houses outside influence area. This was changed to be more accurate since even the Nomad Huts use this message, and they use Bazaars, not Marketplaces.
  • The term “menu” is now always capitalized since this is what Anno used 80% of the time.
  • The term “middle-mouse button” has been capitalized.
  • Grammar fix to change “types of Ship” to the proper “types of Ships”.
  • Grammar changed to “You are already at War with…” from “You are already fighting…”.
  • Grammar for “Enemy Troops” house status changed to “Enemy Troops Nearby” to be more descriptive.
  • Grammar fix for the tooltips, such as “Keep will not automatically attack…” changed to “This Keep will not automatically attack…”.
  • Grammar fix for Neutral Powers tooltips, such as “Alchemists’ Tower is not connected…” changed to “The Alchemists’ Tower is not connected…”.
  • Grammar fix for Neutral Powers tooltips, such as “Excavation is currently not possible” changed to “An Excavation is currently not possible”.
  • Grammar for Monument tooltips changed from “First part of the Monument” to “First part of this Monument”.
  • Capitalized “Coast” and “Coasts” since this is what Anno generally prefers.
  • The description tooltip for building a Robber Baron Camp was actually the description for an Assassin Camp! This whole time…anyway, I’ve fixed it to be correct.
  • The Building tooltip “Provides Mooring for Ships to exchange Goods” changed to “Enables you to exchange Goods with Ships”. This was done to match other Buildings like this.
  • Restored tooltip icon for “No Experiment Possible” heading for Izmir since it was missing the proper icon. I’ve restored it by adding “[AUTOSIZE_ICONGUID 1139]”.
  • Restored tooltip icon for “Takeover”, which was blank before. It is now a dual sword icon, which isn’t ideal, but it works.
  • Changed a number of places for tooltips where “[TTT TOOLTIP_TITLED_BODY] [SEL_HANDLE_GUIDNAME]” occurred, which caused improper grammar since a “The”, “This”, or “A(n)” was needed in the middle.
  • Tooltips for all production buildings changed from “Goods are produced in this Building” to more descriptive “[GUIDNAME] are produced in this Building”. This way it tells you the specific Goods name.
  • Fixed a few tooltips that had incorrect names and terms, such as GUID 105062, which referred to Goods, when it meant Buildings. Also clarified GUID 105062 and 105132 to indicate the “Sorting” button. GUID 105064 also changed from “Dormant” term to proper “Halt Production” term.
  • Standardized “a game” instead of the redundant “a single game” for many of the achievement tooltips and interface texts.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:23 AM   #8
BigEV

You are a crazy man. I'm soooo trying this out right now.

+rep
BigEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #9
Brumbek

Version 1.03

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEV View Post
You are a crazy man. I'm soooo trying this out right now.

+rep
It's true...I'm a bit OCD...but thanks! Now I give you version 1.03!! I'll try to stop updating the mod now...one would think I'd run out of bugs eventually.

The biggest improvement is I added the quest name to all the dialog boxes when NPCs offer you quests. Now you can actually see the name before you accept or deny it! Very helpful for avoiding annoying quests or ones you've already done.
  • I’ve replaced the basic quest info text displayed when someone asks you to do a quest with info text that clearly displays the quest name in blue text followed by the regular info text. This was done because previously Anno would never actually give you the name of the quest until you accepted it. Now you can very easily see the name and task. This change is VERY helpful if you are trying to complete specific achievement related quests (particularly extensive quests). Now you don’t have to accept every single extensive quest and merely hope it’s one you haven’t completed. You can now clearly see the name and choose to accept or reject it accordingly. This may sound minor, but it greatly improves the game.
  • The extensive quest message for giving the final part by AIs such as “XXX offers you the final part of this extensive quest:” had the wrong variable set so the quest info text wouldn’t be displayed after the colon. I’ve changed the faulty variable of “[THIRDPARTY_INFOTEXT]” to the proper “[THIRDPARTY_QUEST_INFOTEXT]”. I also changed it for all 3 messages the Emperor and Sultan use when giving extensive quests, which again caused the actual quest info text to not appear. Overall, this fix is VERY helpful because previously you had to accept the Emperor’s and Sultan’s extensive quests before you could even know what you were supposed to be doing. Now you can better gauge whether you desire or are able to complete the quest.
  • I updated and improved the quest journal tooltips. The “pressed” and “normal” messages were identical in some cases, so I fixed them to refer to “close” and “display” messages. The “Previous Entry” button for Help Quests had bizarre wording, “Left-Click to sort the Quests announced previously.” This has been changed to the proper “Left-Click to show the prior Help Quest.” Improvements to the sorting option tooltips: “Time” renamed to “Time Given” and “Duration” renamed to “Time Remaining”. Instead of the specific quest tooltip just saying the giver’s name, like “Forcas”, I’ve changed it to be sensibly say, “This is a Quest given by [QUEST_SENDER].”
  • All Oriental Miner tooltips have been improved to no longer say the unclear “Can dig under Walls to collapse them.” Now they say “This Special Troop has few Hit Points but can camouflage itself and collapse Walls when camped at a distance.”
  • Repair tooltip heading changed to read “Repairing XXX” instead of just listing the object name, “XXX”.
  • The term “other parties” has been changed to “other Players” when it refers to other Players only. Likewise the button “Show All Parties” has been changed to “Show All Players” since it’s clearer this way. The places where “party/parties” can refer to Harbor Islands also have been left alone. Also, some text locations were left since this wasn’t using the phrase as a gameplay term.
  • Standardized the term “Troops” to refer to all Military Units. Previously the game would also sometimes call the Troops “Armies” or “Units”. Now Army and Armies is only used in reference to the entire Military force in a general sense. The term “Units” is only used when the game refers to all Troops and Ships combined, not one or the other. Achievement and tooltip text has all been updated to reflect these changes. This helps clarify that statements like “Destroy XXX Armies” really means “Destroy XXX” of any Troop types.
  • The three “Army” units, the “Small Army”, “Large Army”, and “Oriental Army” are now all termed “Regiment” instead of “Army”. This is to distinguish them from the games use of the term Army to refer to your entire Military force in a general sense.
  • The term “Cargo Hold” is now always the plural “Cargo Holds” except when referring to a single Cargo Hold.
  • All quest related text using the “[THIRDPARTY_QUEST_NAME]” variable now has a double line break before the quest name to improve formatting. Same with “[THIRDPARTY_QUEST_INFOTEXT]”.
  • I standardized all [QUEST_GETWARES] quest descriptions to only have one line break instead of two. Two looks nicer for the upper-right window, but it makes the formatting in the quest journal and news system look a bit strange. So it is a tradeoff.
  • The improper grammar when an object is busy and cannot receive another command has been changed from “XXX carries out an action” to “This XXX is unable to act at the moment”.
  • Changed wording for several quest info texts so they would better fit on two lines instead of awkwardly being broken up over three lines. For instance the “next destination” text for Ship Race quests was changed from “The next destination is XXX’s Harbor.<LINEBREAK>Deliver: XXX.” To “Deliver XXX to the next destination: XXX’s Harbor.”
  • Changed wording for Resident Level quests from “Ensure that at least: [QUEST_GETRESIDENTSPERLEVEL] live in your City.” to “Ensure that at least this many Inhabitants live in your City: [QUEST_GETRESIDENTSPERLEVEL]”. This may not seem better, but it improves the formatting since the variable in brackets has a hidden line break at the start, which messed up the original formatting.
  • Capitalized “Speed” and “Damage” when referring to Ship, Unit, or Building attributes.
  • The term “Troops” is now always capitalized.
  • Gavin’s extensive quest “The Feast” has been renamed to “The Birthday Feast” since the original name is very common and used for several other quests, such as Hassan’s peaceful Fraternization quest.
  • More quest text improvements and grammar fixes.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:16 AM   #10
Lamalo

At this rate I'll be forced to reinstall 1404 right after I get tired of 2070, if that ever happens. Awesome work there.
Lamalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:19 PM   #11
TI9

I stopped playing the game a whyle ago, I still need to finish some campaigns tough, It's nice what you did thanks!
TI9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:47 PM   #12
Brumbek

Version 1.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamalo View Post
Awesome work there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TI9 View Post
It's nice what you did thanks!
Thanks to you both. Yeah, I'm sure Anno 2070 is great, but there's something very charming about the historical Anno's. They're nice to fall back to.

And now version 1.04 is done!

Many fixes and changes. Where to begin...well here's the change log!
  • All quests linked to achievements that had civilization level caps have been adjusted to remove the caps. For instance, a number of quests were only given at Patrician level, and if you ever had even one Nobleman move in, you could never, ever be given the quest by the NPC. Although I understand dividing quests by civilization class helps ensure a steady progression of new quests, the end result is the very illogical situation where an NPC would refuse to give you a quest simply because your city is large. And from a gameplay perspective, it was VERY annoying to have to purposefully hold yourself back at lowly Citizen or Patrician levels just to hope you get the right quest (which could take 10 hours or more!). The following quests have been edited to change the <MaxPlayerLevel> variable to Nobleman: (see full readme for list).
  • Willem’s quest “Miracle in the Sand” (GUID 5950137), which unlocks an achievement, was originally disabled if you picked “Reach 2000, 5,000, or 10,000” Envoys as a winning condition. The 5,000 and 10,000 levels shouldn’t disallow the quest since the quest asks for reaching merely 3,000. Therefore, to enhance the likelihood of being given this quest I’ve removed the 5,000 and 10,000 quest disablers.
  • Lucius’s quest “Befitting” (GUID 5750092), which is part of an achievement, was originally disabled if you picked “Accumulate 150,000, 500,000, or 1,000,000” Gold Coins as a winning condition. The 1,000,000 level shouldn’t disallow the quest since the quest asks for you to accumulate 500,000. Therefore, to enhance the likelihood of being given this quest I’ve removed the 1,000,000 quest disabler.
  • Constanza’s quest “Recognition” (GUID 6050082), which is part of an achievement, was originally disabled if you picked “Reach 5,000, 10,000, or 30,000” Inhabitants as a winning condition. The 30,000 level shouldn’t disallow the quest since the quest asks for you to reach 10,000. Therefore, to enhance the likelihood of being given this quest I’ve removed the 30,000 quest disabler.
  • Giovanni’s quest “Measure the Empire” (GUID 6150078), which is part of an achievement, was originally disabled if you picked “Accumulate 150,000, 500,000, or 1,000,000” Gold Coins as a winning condition. The 500,000 and 1,000,000 levels shouldn’t disallow the quest since the quest asks for you to accumulate 250,000. Therefore, to enhance the likelihood of being given this quest I’ve removed the 500,000 and 1,000,000 quest disablers.
  • The “Handyman” achievement, which requires using many of the “Construction Plan” items, was unable to be accomplished in Venice because Venice changed the way the items worked (they are consumed immediately upon use instead of socketed in to a Warehouse). Therefore, you previously had to get this achievement in the regular game. That is bad. I’ve changed it so now you don’t need to “use” the items but merely “acquire” the items. Hence, as soon as Ibn al Hakim invents one, since it is placed in your Warehouse, the achievement will recognize that Construction Plan as “acquired”. Technical “ItemUsed” XML variable changed to “ItemInStorage”.
  • I’ve edited the “Handyman” achievement to now require acquiring a few of the major Construction Plan items I added to the game. This does make this achievement slightly harder, but it still isn’t that hard. I’ve added the “Debtor’s Prison”, “Bathhouse”, “Historic Warehouses Foundation”, “War Machines Workshop”, “Cannon Foundry”, “Fortified Tower”, “Fortified Gatehouse”, “Keep”, and “Oriental Fort”. I also reordered the list so it is in a more logical order when viewing in the achievements screen.
  • The item “Imperial Geologist” has been renamed to “Imperial Mineralogist” in order to clearly differentiate it from the Venice “Geologist” items used on Volcanic Islands.
  • The items “Wooden Spoon” (GUID 8287) and “Iron Roasting Pan” (incorrectly called Iron Roast Pan originally) (GUID 8293) have been added back to the items Al Zahir randomly sells post-Sultan’s Mosque construction (item pool GUID 500621). They originally were removed once you built the Sultan’s Mosque. I consider this improper since these items are still valuable and should be able to be purchased.
  • The item “Glass Phials” (GUID 8302) has been added to Northburgh’s item pool (both GUID 500619 and 500845) that you can buy from at the Nobleman level. This item strangely was the only productivity boosting item that was only attainable as a rare quest reward.
  • Gavin’s Venice quest “The Status Symbol” was still in German. I’ve translated it and restored the quest text. But beware, the Anno developers wrote quite a risqué bit of text for this one!
  • For Ibn al Hakim’s pool of items (GUID 500531) he can invent for you, I added 13 new Construction Plan items, since strangely the original game seemed to fairly randomly pick which items had Construction Plans and which didn’t. Now all important buildings have plans. I also restored 9 Construction Plan items that were originally in the .txt files but not active in the .xml files. All 22 of these new items have been spread throughout Ibn’s invention pool. This greatly increased the diversity of the reward pool, so you shouldn’t be constantly bombarded with “Large Norias” and “Imperial Cathedral Foundations” and “Sultan’s Mosque Foundations”. I also tweaked a few priorities for existing Construction Plan items in this pool to make them more or less frequent depending on the usefulness of the item. Overall, you can expect better and more diversified inventions now. (see full readme for list of added items)
  • Ibn al Hakim’s pool of items he can invent for you (GUID 500531) was missing some important Construction Plans. Specifically, the “Church” and “Large Shipyard” Construction Plans were removed from the Patrician and Nobleman pools and the “Provisions Storehouse” Construction Plan was removed from the Nobleman pool. This made it hard to get the achievement for using every Construction Plan item (Handyman). Moreover, removing these items made it so there was less of a selection at the higher civilization levels, and hence, more repetition. I’ve added these three items back.
  • Ibn al Hakim’s pool of items he can invent for you (GUID 500531) also had a few items that were given too commonly. For one, the “Imperial Cathedral Foundation” and “Sultan’s Mosque Foundation” were too commonly given at the Nobleman level. I’ve changed their priority from “D” to “E”, which makes them both a bit less frequent. I’ve also changed the priority of the “Cemetery” and both “Juggler Camp” items from “F” to “E” at the Peasant level. I did this because otherwise these items were quite rare and the better items were more common. Now these fairly unhelpful items are a bit more commonly given at the Peasant level.
  • For Ibn al Hakim’s quest item reward pool (GUID 500868), I made some changes. For the Peasant level, I added a Bailiwick Construction Plan as a very rare reward and the Chapel as a more common reward. For the Citizen level, I added a Bailiwick Construction Plan and removed the Cemetery, Occidental Juggler Camp, and Oriental Juggler Camp because the Bailiwick is a nice reward to add in and the later three buildings are rubbish rewards. For the Patrician level, I added the Keep, Debtor’s Prison, Historic Warehouses Foundation, Oriental Fort, Fortified Tower, and Fortified Gatehouse. For the Nobleman level, I added the Keep, Debtor’s Prison, Historic Warehouses Foundation, Oriental Fort, and Bathhouse. I removed the Cemetery, Occidental Juggler Camp, and Oriental Juggler Camp. Overall, this makes the Construction Plan rewards better and more diversified. The original game tended to give too many of the same items and too many fairly bad items.
  • A number of “escort Ship” quests where you had to escort more than 1 Ship incorrectly used the singular quest info text of “escort a Ship…”. I’ve fixed this in all places by adding “<QuestInfoText>XXX</QuestInfoText>” to each of these quests, where XXX is either 500763 for AI and Harbor Island quests or 500769 for Neutral Power quests. Quests fixed: Garibaldi’s “Privacy” (GUID 40650133), Garibaldi’s “Bear-Faced Monster” (GUID 40650100), Garibaldi’s “Uncertain Voyage” (GUID 40650104), Garibaldi’s “Stories Untold” (GUID 40650098), Garibaldi’s “Carnival V” (GUID 40650251), Garibaldi’s “Oriental Food II” (GUID 40650280), Garibaldi’s “Securities Transport” (GUID 40650352), The Sultan’s “Thirst for Knowledge V” (GUID 40803011), Guy’s “No Honor among Thieves” (GUID 6350030), Northburgh’s “Noble Vanity” (GUID 8050615)”, The Emperor’s “Enemy in Your Own Ranks VI” (GUID 8350121), The Sultan’s “The Gift” (GUID 8450026), Hassan’s “Escort for a Trader” (GUID 8250546), Hilarius’ “Open to New Things” (GUID 5303018).
  • Cuno’s quest “Enlightenment” (GUID 5304028), which is an escort 2 Ships quest, had the wrong quest info text (it said to salvage several Flotsam). This has been fixed.
  • A few grammar fixes, such as the quest text for “Drunk after the Hunt” changed “too money” to “too many”. A few words changed when they didn’t match the in-game variables, such as “for enough Coin” changed to “for a big enough reward” since the quest reward didn’t include money. Too bad Spellcheck can’t find these issues…
  • Removed one line break from the end of “Select the Ship to be escorted to start the Escort”. This was done to match the format used elsewhere.
  • The question mark has been removed from the phrase, “NAME asks you if you want to begin the Escort?”. This isn’t a question but a statement.
  • The phrase “NAME offers you” standardized to “NAME is offering you” since this is what Anno usually uses.
  • Added a comma between “NAME will sell you the Ship, XXX, for:”. The last comma was originally missing.
  • Nearly every reference to “Route” was changed to “Trading Route” to improve clarity. This goes for “Route Inefficient”, “Route Lost”, and so on. The same with references to “route” being changed to “Trading Route”.
  • The phrase “Trading Route Point” has been standardized to “Trading Route Waypoint” since this is proper term.
  • The phrase “at this station” referring to Trading Route Waypoints has been changed to “at this Waypoint”.
  • The tooltip message, “Right-Click to throw XXX overboard” has been changed to also first state “Left-Click to transfer XXX” and then list the overboard line.
  • The term “Quit Unload” renamed to “Close Unload” to be uniform.
  • The term “Add Warehouse” renamed to “Add Waypoint” for the trading routes screen, since not all waypoints you add are warehouses, technically.
  • The term “Town” has been changed to “City” in all places where it is used as a game term, since 90% of the time Anno used City anyway. So for instance, “Heketa and her Sisters predict that the Town of” has been changed to “City of”. “Town” is still used when NPCs talk of your cities.
  • The term “Small Town” has been changed to simply “Town”. This is because there ever was a simply “Town” size, so “Small” is unnecessary.
  • The terms for the two lowest sizes of Islands, “Small Settlement” and “Settlement”, have been changed to “Settlement” and “Hamlet”, respectively. This was done because the game always speaks of your “Settlement” as the lowest common denominator, such as founding a new “Settlement”. Now “Settlement” truly means a colony, rather than a small grouping of people. Likewise, “Hamlet” is the lowest recognized grouping of peoples, and Northburgh does refer to you turning your “Hamlet” into a thriving “Metropolis”, so this change is fitting. Plus Wikipedia lists the size ranges as “Hamlet”, “Village”, “Town”, then “City”. Now the game terms match this.
  • The term “Cosmopolitan City” has been changed back to the Anno developer’s original name “Mega-Metropolis”. This is the name used throughout all the .XML and engine files. Also, if you note in the credit outtakes, Hildegard says, “…all I had to do was finish 35 hours of a Continuous Game, including the Cathedral construction and a Mega-Metropolis. Now you know why I look so old!” Plus, “Cosmopolitan” is really inaccurate since it refers to a city that is a melting pot of cultures, not merely a large city. What would have been awesome is if Anno required you to actually build a city mixed with Occident and Orient Populations in order to attain the highest city level of “Cosmopolitan City” or “Cosmopolis”. But alas…’tis not so. Hence, “Mega-Metropolis” is what I believe to be more accurate. And now you can say to your friends, “Oh yeah, I reached Mega-Metropolis in 45 minutes – I be Mega-L33t!”
  • The term “Detect Enemy Henchmen” has been changed to “Smoke Out Enemy Henchmen”. This is because this is what the game refers to elsewhere. This was very confusing since “Smoke Out” never existed as an actual action. “Detect” is more accurate, but I decided to keep “Smoke Out” since it’s a more exciting term.
  • The term “Counter-Spies” was used in several places regarding sending them out from Bases of Operations. This is an inaccurate term and should be “Watchmen” because what happens is Watchmen are sent out from Bases of Operations in order to try to “Smoke Out” enemy Henchmen. There is no such thing as Counter-Spies in the game.
  • The term “Ship Race” was changed to “Trade Race” since this is more accurate regarding what these quests are about.
  • The name “Harbor Defense Tower” is now used exclusively since a few places still referred to this building as a “Harbor Tower”.
  • A Venice loading screen tip refers to “Privateering” – I’ve renamed this to the proper but less marketable “Boarding Quests”. This was done since privateering is about being commissioned by governments with letters of marque. This is not what these quests are about.
  • The tooltip for when you select a House to infiltrate with your Henchman now includes a list of the different acts of sabotage so you can determine which act will be enabled when you infiltrate a certain civilization class’s House. Previously, you simply had to have these acts memorized, which was annoying. (Tooltip GUID edited: 50121016)
  • A few grammar fixes for tooltips, such as “Left-Click to create screenshot of…” changed to “Left-Click to create a screenshot of…”.
  • The tooltip, “Left-Click to create Trading Routes” renamed to “Left-Click to view, create, and edit Trading Routes” since this is more accurate.
  • The tooltip, “Left-Click to remove this Waypoint from the list” changed to “Left-Click to remove this Waypoint from the current Trading Route” to be more accurate.
  • The interface message “Cannot connect to server” has been renamed to the more helpful, “Cannot connect to Ubi servers.[CR] [CR]Online Profiles will not work. Only Offline Profiles can be played.”
  • Many quests ask you to complete a certain number of activities. The total completed so far is displayed using the “[QUEST_VICTORYCONDITION_PLAYERCOUNTER 0]” variable, used 10 times in the .txt files. It reads “X / X”. I’ve added descriptive text before this variable. So now instead of saying, “Complete 5 tasks. 2 / 5”, it now reads “Complete 5 tasks. Total to date: 2 /5.”.
  • The “Request at least XXX assignments” has been changed to the proper “Ask for at least XXX Quests”.
  • The loading tip that referred to “Request Quest” has been renamed to the proper “Ask for Quest”.
  • The phrase “Quests to solve” that is used in four places in the interface has been changed to the more commonly used and more logical “Quests to complete”.
  • The “Sink XXX Corsair Ships” changed to “Sink at least XXX Corsair Ships” to match the format of all other texts like this.
  • The phrase “CITYNAME regularly earn you:” has been fixed to “CITYNAME regularly earns you:”.
  • The phrase for receiving reputation from Ingratiation was missing a space after the reputation icon. Now it reads “X Reputation” instead of “XReputation” where X is the reputation icon.
  • Some improvements to Population Pyramid tooltips.
  • Added a detailed listing of all House counts by civilization type for the Total Houses tooltip in the Marketplace. This allows you to avoid going to the Population Pyramid to see a breakdown of houses.
  • Phrase “You have allocated [NUM_BEGGARS] Begging Rights in all the Cities” changed to “You have allocated [NUM_BEGGARS] Begging Rights in your Cities worldwide”. This matches the format all other civilization levels use.
  • The “Knowledge is Power” achievement tooltip had a typo regarding the “Date achieved” timestamp. It was “[PA_DATE 12299]” but should have been “[PA_DATE 122999]”. Fixed.
  • The phrase, “The Watchmen in [THIRDPARTY_CITY] have captured a Spy who was working for [THIRDPARTY_THIRD_PLAYER].” didn’t work right and that last variable was blank, even though it should have worked. I’ve changed it to “The Watchmen in [THIRDPARTY_CITY] have captured a Spy who was working for another Player.”
  • Further cleanup of Trading Route screen tooltips.
  • Changed Noria numbers for the “Greatly Increased Noria Attainments” mod so that the final capacity of Large Norias would be 10,000, 50,000, and 500,000.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:02 PM   #13
l3illyl3ob

Thanks so much for this. Thanks to you, I can wait until 2070 lowers in price, I'll keep playing this in the meantime!
l3illyl3ob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:02 PM   #14
Brumbek

Version 1.05

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3illyl3ob View Post
Thanks so much for this. Thanks to you, I can wait until 2070 lowers in price, I'll keep playing this in the meantime!
You're welcome. Glad you can enjoy it.

Version 1.05 is out. A few small updates. Better production chain tooltips.

v1.05 – December 28, 2011
  • Added a line to the Coal Mine construction menu tooltip to clarify its output, “Double the output of Charcoal Burner’s Huts.”
  • Added extra lines to all construction menu tooltips for production chain buildings that use Coal. Now Coal Mines are also listed (with usage percent’s) along with Charcoal Burner’s Huts with an “or” between them to signify either works.
  • The item “Glass Phials” (GUID 8302) has been reassigned from Northburgh’s item pools (both GUID 500619 and 500845) to Al Zahir’s (both GUID 500621 and 500846), since it boosts an Oriental Good. This fixes my change from version 1.04.
  • Added the “Construction Plan for a Cannon Foundry” to Hakim’s Invention item pool (GUID 500531) for Patrician level, since the “War Machines Workshop” was there also, so they both might as well be available.
  • Giovanni’s Venice quest “The Fake Buyer” was marked as a “Continuous” quest, so even after you finished the trade race, the quest wouldn’t end. I’ve fixed this.
  • Helena’s quest “Route Security” text changed to refer to generic Ships, not Corsairs, since you sink Warships, not Corsair Ships.
  • The title “The Looting Expert” was given by two different achievements. I’ve removed the title award from the “The Box of Tricks” achievement and left it on the harder and more encompassing “Full Treasuries” achievement.
  • Fixed the News text “Plague Vanquished in PLAYERNAME” to read “Plague Vanquished in CITYNAME”. Also fixed the Plague Outbreak message that had the same issue. And improved the vanquished text to say the player name and player city instead of just the player city name.
  • The AI Giovanni’s short name was “The Trader Giovanni” but I’ve renamed him to simply “Giovanni” since this is the format the other AI players use.
  • Changed the “We Have no Time to Lose!” achievement text to indicate the 7 hours are “real-world” hours, not in-game hours. This will help some players to realize fast-forward is smart to use.

Last edited by Brumbek: 12-22-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:51 PM   #15
Brumbek

Version 1.06

Version 1.06 is out.

v1.06 – December 29, 2011
  • Fixed several issues with the Sultan’s extensive quest “The False Chroniclers”. I accidentally changed parts V and VI to occur at Northburgh’s island instead of Al Zahir’s. Likewise, part VI I used the wrong XML variables so no items were being requested for delivery. Now the proper 3 items are being requested, which were rewards from part V.
  • Fixed more grammar issues in quest texts such as “Oriental Delicatessen” and “Noble Captivity”.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Anno series