Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PAYDAY The Heist

Old 12-04-2011, 04:21 PM   #1
account2

Question Ammo and health pack uses ?

Do these things have a fixed number of uses (like 3 uses) or they have something like health pack restores 300 points and ammo bag 1000 bullets and you slowly eat out of them ?
Old 12-04-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
fluffedup

They restore a certain amount of hp / bullets. Then when you get upgrades that number is increased. When I play single player I have a bad habit of getting ammo from the bag every 30 seconds to make sure I'm topped up.
fluffedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:32 PM   #3
account2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffedup View Post
...I have a bad habit of getting ammo from the bag every 30 seconds...
Oh well but if the uses are not a limited number like 3 uses and are actually a count of bullets then it's not so bad right ?
Thanks for the quick reply.
account2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:33 PM   #4
fluffedup

Yeah its a good thing. If you were playing with me the bag would be gone in a minute not to mention wasted
fluffedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:02 PM   #5
Whitecrab

fluff, are you sure? I thought I read somewhere that the ammo bag has X number of bullets, but the doctor bag has X number of uses. (Rather than X hp restoration). If true, that would mean making little top-ups is great with the ammo bag but terrible with the doctor bag.

I haven't tested it though.
Whitecrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:15 PM   #6
32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitecrab View Post
fluff, are you sure? I thought I read somewhere that the ammo bag has X number of bullets, but the doctor bag has X number of uses. (Rather than X hp restoration). If true, that would mean making little top-ups is great with the ammo bag but terrible with the doctor bag.

I haven't tested it though.
This is something I'd be very interested in hearing more about. I'm currently playing a bit of Overkill with some friends, and the bags (especially ammo) is a scarce commodity on Overkill.
32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:17 PM   #7
Uguu

I always thought it was usable 4 times, and goes up +1 more time per level to a total of 7 times a bag at max.
Uguu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #8
Tigerhawk71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uguu View Post
I always thought it was usable 4 times, and goes up +1 more time per level to a total of 7 times a bag at max.

Don't know about doc bags but i can confirm this is incorrect on ammo bags.

Extra ammo capacity + bag dissapears when i use it + only gave me 10 shotgun shells and some SMG ammo = Not based on uses.
Tigerhawk71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:02 PM   #9
bterrill

pretty sure medic bag is usage based, max being 4.
ammo might work differnetly.. not sure I rarely get to use either bag so I don't bother to carry them anymore.
bterrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:07 PM   #10
TehPenGu

Lets review some observations shall we:

Ammo Bag:
- Said by Overkill to contain an X amount of ammo (this is confirmed).
- Ammo cap of bag increases on lvlup.
- Using the bag makes an attempt to restore you ammo to you cap (increased by the start out ammo perk).
- The last player that uses it may experience not to get his ammo filled to the cap when clearing out the bag. Thus indicating the initial statement made to be correct.

Health Bag
- Using the health bag fills your Hp to max regardless of its current state.
- Number of uses increases on lvlup.
- The last person to use a bag will get full HP regardless of his missing health when he clears out the bag.
- Contains a set number of uses?

Closing note:

It would apear that the Medic bag contains a set number of uses because of the way it works. Especially by looking at the fact that the final person who uses the bag gets his HP back to top every single time.
Also: Ammo bags seems to contain more "Charges" if you think of them both with a set number of uses, thus making it even more persuading that they are in fact:

Ammo = Ammo, take some, leave some. A set number of AMMO.

Medic = Dont share syringes and bandages. A set number of USES.
TehPenGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:01 AM   #11
OVERKILL_crew

OVERKILL Software
Whitecrab & TehPenGu - you are both correct: When you take ammo out of the ammo bag you collect X amount of bullets, and therefore it is suitable for "top-up" refills. The medic bag, however, is limited to X amount of uses.
OVERKILL_crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:06 AM   #12
account2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERKILL_crew View Post
The medic bag, however, is limited to X amount of uses.
I have to say sorry for all my teams where I used that incorrectly :P

I find the medic bag not so useful as you fall down then get rescued you come back with about 70% health, I prefer to carry ammo bags... :P
account2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:10 AM   #13
aquaorange

Quote:
Originally Posted by account2 View Post
I find the medic bag not so useful as you fall down then get rescued you come back with about 70% health
Word up, I too am a proponent of the tactical bleedout.
aquaorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:48 AM   #14
OVERKILL_crew

OVERKILL Software
The first time you're helped up you get 75% health, the second time you get 50% health and the third time and onward you get 25% health - and for every time you are downed it reduces the timer that limits how long you can lie in bleed-out before you're taken into custody. This timer can become as short as 10 seconds.

So the first few times you're downed it might feel as if you're getting "most of" your health back and can continue fighting with just as good (if not better) prospects, but in fact your chances of surviving gradually decrease: Your teammates will have to be quicker and quicker if they are to rescue you in time, putting more demands on the teamwork of the group as a whole.
OVERKILL_crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:53 AM   #15
saint242

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERKILL_crew View Post
The first time you're helped up you get 75% health, the second time you get 50% health and the third time and onward you get 25% health - and for every time you are downed it reduces the timer that limits how long you can lie in bleed-out before you're taken into custody. This timer can become as short as 10 seconds.

So the first few times you're downed it might feel as if you're getting "most of" your health back and can continue fighting with just as good (if not better) prospects, but in fact your chances of surviving gradually decrease: Your teammates will have to be quicker and quicker if they are to rescue you in time, putting more demands on the teamwork of the group as a whole.
Yup, exactly... the tactical bleedout is most useful in a situation where the doctor bags aren't available and having even 25% or 50% health is better than the tiny sliver you may have left. For instance, if you're about to make an escape, the doctor bags are gone, and you've only got 10% health left. Good to do a tactical bleedout and get as much health as you can for the run to the getaway zone.
saint242 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PAYDAY The Heist