Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Risen Series

Old 12-06-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
Cronno

How to activate this game?

hi, i just bought this game a couple of days ago and when i try to activate this game i just cant.
I select that i dont have recieved the activation key and that i want to recieve it, then i choose that i have an internet conection, then i recieve this error

Server communication error
An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

if i try other options it drives me to a web that doesnt work, so in the end im stuck here after paying 20$ and not being able to activate the game.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
Twiztedterry

I'm still in the process of trying to activate as well, i'm waiting on hold with deep silver support to get it resolved.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:29 PM   #3
TheMysterD

After hearing of some of the troubles of Tages activation recently, I decided to try to install this on my newest PC. So, put me in the same boat. I can't activate Risen [Steam version] here through the Tages servers.
TheMysterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:22 PM   #4
tda-danny

Has anyone found a solution for this? I'm having the same issue...
tda-danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:44 AM   #5
Cronno

i recieved a mail from deep silver support, they tell me i have to insert the dvd to play .... they didnt even read the mail i sent.
im trying again with CAPS on STEAM so maybe they understand it better.

UPDATE: ok deepsilver told me that they are only responsible of the dvds of the game, not the digital version. After that i tried again to activate and this time worked.

Last edited by Cronno: 12-07-2011 at 03:15 AM.
Cronno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:47 PM   #6
TheMysterD

I got it working here, too.

A bunch of people from CAG forums had problems who bought the game from Amazon Download Service and they talked to Tech Support to get the problem looked into.

Problem's fixed now.
TheMysterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:24 PM   #7
Maiser

I can´t play neither. The automatic activation doesn´t work, and in the manual activation i get an "incorrect code error". I am sure i typed it well, 3 times, 2 of the, separating code with "-" and the other one without. Any solution? Selling a game which activation service is not longer working is pretty shameful...
Maiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:35 PM   #8
mkaliaz

I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing activation codes. I actually got my copy of Risen off Amazon and am getting held up by Activation error messages with their program as well, so I'm guessing its the developer/publisher/DRM server that is failing here. Pretty terrible really that people have to deal with it.

I was one of those guys that always rolled his eyes at all the very vocal anti-DRM stuff, but this is the first time it has prevented me from playing a game i purchased with my own good money. Very disappointing. Maybe you guys were right after all.....
mkaliaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:19 PM   #9
OhDaz

Any joys on this? Tried all I can and it just doesn't want to work..

http://www.tagesprotection.com/main....activation.htm

For my error:
"Server Communication Error:
An existing communication was forcibly closed by the remote host"

The help given was:
The activation server does not reply to an activation request.
The server closed the connection on purpose: this error message is the consequence of multiple failed activation attempts that have produced the exact same error (invalid serial number, activation limit exceeded).

Solution: Please contact the support of your distributor, stating the INITIAL ERROR

I never had an INITIAL ERROR, this was the first error i had while trying to activate. So I guess an email to steam and then a 5 day waiting time for a response is in order.

Last edited by OhDaz: 12-24-2011 at 02:39 PM.
OhDaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #10
Maiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhDaz View Post
Any joys on this? Tried all I can and it just doesn't want to work..

http://www.tagesprotection.com/main....activation.htm

For my error:
"Server Communication Error:
An existing communication was forcibly closed by the remote host"

The help given was:
The activation server does not reply to an activation request.
The server closed the connection on purpose: this error message is the consequence of multiple failed activation attempts that have produced the exact same error (invalid serial number, activation limit exceeded).

Solution: Please contact the support of your distributor, stating the INITIAL ERROR

I never had an INITIAL ERROR, this was the first error i had while trying to activate. So I guess an email to steam and then a 5 day waiting time for a response is in order.
OMG, so they just don´t give a about the issue? I was thinking they would probably solve it within the time, BUT THEY DO NOT GIVE A ABOUT? And who is our distributor? I read company itself is just in charge of retail version and also do not concern this problem. So definitively, is this a FRAUD?
Maiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:56 PM   #11
OhDaz

Steam is the distributor in our case. Which sadly they don't have a large support team and it takes a while to get a reply.
I'm not blaming any of this on steam as they are just distributing another company's product.
I will however never buy any game that has Tages due to how USELESS it is. It was there to prevent piracy when pirated copies have no problem, it's the people who bought this game legit who suffer from this awful system.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:21 PM   #12
GDG1983

Having the same issues here. Seems that the Tages servers are down. What a bullcrap. Bought 3 games this weekend and guess what? NONE of them worked. If you make such a big holiday sale, be sure you can back it up. That is really annoying and absolutely not acceptable!
GDG1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:50 PM   #13
starsrift

I actually didn't get this on the holiday steam sale, but a while ago, and had installed but not yet tried playing it. Steam sale looked good, and I was like... "wait, I already have that!" and tried to start, and got this error like everyone else. Boo.

I guess we can assume that Steam is working on the problem now that it's known? It's impossible to say, Valve only says when they've fixed or about to fix the problem, they don't acknowledge "problem found, gonna find a fix!"
starsrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:16 PM   #14
OhDaz

THIS ISN'T STEAM'S FAULT.

It's Tages' server that's down so Steam can't do anything about it. There has been other reports of this issue in the past and apparently it didn't get solved until a week day so I guess all we can do is fingers crossed there's a faithful employee that works christmas day or boxing day and if not I presume it'll be fixed Tuesday. I'm going to keep trying and if I have any joy I will post here.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:37 PM   #15
NoBridges

Banned
No issues here when I activated it (about a month ago though).
It may be due to sales around the web (steam/impulse/d2d/amazon/gamersgate/greenmangaming etc.) that overloads the tages server. I'm pretty sure they only use one.
NoBridges is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Risen Series