Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > APB Reloaded

Old 12-07-2011, 11:55 AM   #1
scott1974

Banned
What happens to the people that pre-ordered this game?

I pre-ordered APB june last year. do we get something for the money that we spent on this new version of the same game? I pent

I was burnt when I bought this back in june last year. I only got about 2 hours gameplay in the game before the servers were taken down and I was left with $50 hole in my pocket not counting the in game credit I lost.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:57 AM   #2
Iterator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1974 View Post
I pre-ordered APB june last year. do we get something for the money that we spent on this new version of the same game? I pent

I was burnt when I bought this back in june last year. I only got about 2 hours gameplay in the game before the servers were taken down and I was left with $50 hole in my pocket not counting the in game credit I lost.
You don't even get all your preorder items back. I was lucky to still have a few pieces of clothing and they refused to give the car back so I recreated the Asylum Cisco from scratch.
Iterator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:00 PM   #3
BabyFaceCat

yes that happened to me too. except I did not play it at all after release because I was going to wait until they fixed it a bit, but they just shut it down and I got nothing at all for my $50
BabyFaceCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:01 PM   #4
Iterator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFaceCat View Post
yes that happened to me too. except I did not play it at all after release because I was going to wait until they fixed it a bit, but they just shut it down and I got nothing at all for my $50
I still found a local Walmart trying to sell copies.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:01 PM   #5
Freyar

APB:R is not All Points Bulletin. Sadly we veteran players won't really get much out of the deal and we just have to accept it and either play or move on.
Freyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:02 PM   #6
Iterator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyar View Post
APB:R is not All Points Bulletin. Sadly we veteran players won't really get much out of the deal and we just have to accept it and either play or move on.
Most understand G1 is not at fault here but a good olive branch and a sense of honor a simple flag to give everyone who should have the preorder items back again would be simple enough. It was a car, outfit, and emote. That is chicken scratch to them.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:09 PM   #7
Freyar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iterator View Post
Most understand G1 is not at fault here but a good olive branch and a sense of honor a simple flag to give everyone who should have the preorder items back again would be simple enough. It was a car, outfit, and emote. That is chicken scratch to them.
I believe they claimed that customer data (specifically billing) wasn't something they were allowed to take over, so they didn't have a list of those that actually pre-ordered back then. Early beta-testers got a few bonuses themselves, but that's the extent of it.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:10 PM   #8
Iterator

Quote:
I believe they claimed that customer data (specifically billing) wasn't something they were allowed to take over, so they didn't have a list of those that actually pre-ordered back then. Early beta-testers got a few bonuses themselves, but that's the extent of it.
Well if you reclaim your old Character like me all you need is one character to have one preorder piece of clothing to prove you had it. Seems simple enough to me.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #9
scott1974

Banned
Quote:
LOL APB is All Points Bulletin.

A = ALL
P = Points
B = Bulletin
:
R = Re released.

I have read that both games are the same. People that ordered through EA got a refund.
scott1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:15 PM   #10
Freyar

Quote:
Well if you reclaim your old Character like me all you need is one character to have one preorder piece of clothing to prove you had it. Seems simple enough to me.
The old pre-order bonus was for a car only wasn't it? There was a WASP-ish Moirai, and a Cisco or Bashada for the criminals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1974 View Post
LOL APB is All Points Bulletin.

A = ALL
P = Points
B = Bulletin
:
R = Re released.

I have read that both games are the same. People that ordered through EA got a refund.

They aren't the same game. Game-mechanic wise, nor administration-wise.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:17 PM   #11
scott1974

Banned
Quote:
I would be happy with if they gave me 800 G1 credits($10) as a sign of good faith. I will play it but I won't invest in it until I know the game is going to last more then 2 months.

Quote:
The old pre-order bonus was for a car only wasn't it? There was a WASP-ish Moirai, and a Cisco or Bashada for the criminals.

That's not what every one else is saying. some people are saying it is worse now. Same engine just patched and a few extras added.

Last edited by scott1974: 12-07-2011 at 12:21 PM.
scott1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:22 PM   #12
Iterator

Quote:

Image of preorder items.
http://images.wikia.com/apbgame/imag...rder-items.jpg

Everyone who preordered should still have the Decal in there images. This would tell them who should have all these items on new character they make or add the cars back to the ones who have already done it.

Last edited by Iterator: 12-07-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:41 PM   #13
superboyofmeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyar
If it wasn't the same game they would have re-named it to something else entirely, as opposed to slapping an ":R" on the end.

It may have received updates and changes in both companies and game-wise, but it is the same game.

Udpdates to a game =/= new game.
superboyofmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:14 PM   #14
Freyar

Quote:
Image of preorder items.

Everyone who preordered should still have the Decal in there images. This would tell them who should have all these items on new character they make or add the cars back to the ones who have already done it.
Youre win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboyofmeat View Post
If it wasn't the same game they would have re-named it to something else entirely, as opposed to slapping an ":R" on the end.

It may have received updates and changes in both companies and game-wise, but it is the same game.

Udpdates to a game =/= new game.
New group managing the game that you didn't pay = new management that owes you nothing.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:17 PM   #15
PwettyPony

Quote:
Image of preorder items.

Too bad that Strikeapose1 isnt pre-order only anymore.
I was so proud of myself!
PwettyPony is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > APB Reloaded