Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > X2: The Threat & X3: The Reunion

Old 12-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #1
=XIII=Shea

X3 Albion Prelude

Check it out here
http://www.egosoft.com/x/xnews/201112_1_44News.html
Trailer here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=TJ7z1HVonUM

- X3: Albion Prelude released 15 December
- Bridging the gap between X3:Terran Conflict and the upcoming X:Rebirth
- Improved user interface
- New Stock Exchange feature
- A huge war and lots of new missions and ships!

Egosoft is pleased to announce X3: Albion Prelude, which provides a welcome bridge from the X Universe we know and love to the X Universe that will be experienced in X Rebirth. This new adventure will also feature more than 30 new ships and stations. A new Stock Exchange feature will enable players to speculate in local markets in a bid to increase their wealth. With this will also come tools to monitor and analyse economic developments and progress. Users with high-end machines will also benefit from some improved graphical quality settings. It is important to note that X3: Albion Prelude will NOT feature savegame compatibility with X3: Terran Conflict.

For owners of the X Superbox, X3: Albion Prelude will be available as a free download on Steam, while for owners of X3: Terran Conflict it will be available at the 'add-on' price of €9.99. For players new to the series, X3: Terran Conflict and X3: Albion Prelude will be available for purchase as a bundle. Time your purchase right and you could enjoy substantial discounts in the Steam holiday sale too!

X3: Albion Prelude will be available on Steam for direct download in English, German, French (text and audio) and Italian (text only). X3: Albion Prelude will also soon be available for MAC OS through the Apple App Store and Deliver2Mac. A boxed retail version of X3: Albion Prelude will also be available for the PC early in 2012

Last edited by =XIII=Shea: 12-12-2011 at 07:32 AM. Reason: More info
Old 12-08-2011, 12:54 AM   #2
minusthedrifter

Question

Whoa, nice...

I'm a total newbie though... I've never played any X games however just stumbled upon the series the other day and being a huge fan EVE and "anything spaceshipy" I wanna give this game a shot.

Any recommendations? Should I start with this newest expansion or start with TC and work up from there? I'm assuming this new expansion will be at least somewhat similar in design to "Rebirth," eh?
minusthedrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:22 AM   #3
Xzalander

I saw this and then I was saddened.

I've bought every X game to date and before the superbox was added.. and for that loyalty the DLC is given free to those who buy the superbox later... and for cheaper...

Thanks Egosoft.
Xzalander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:41 AM   #4
SolarInferno

Quote:
Originally Posted by minusthedrifter View Post
Any recommendations? Should I start with this newest expansion or start with TC and work up from there? I'm assuming this new expansion will be at least somewhat similar in design to "Rebirth," eh?
Well, if you wait until the Christmas sales, there's a high probability that the X Superbox will be reduced. In which case you'll get Albion Prelude for free. I've not played pre-Terran Conflict games, so I can't say whether it's better to start on an older game in the series. I do know that most people say that X3: Reunion is a tougher game than X3:Terran Conflict, although they also said Terran Conflict has a steep learning curve(Which didn't prove to be the case to me at all...)

The news said that Albion Prelude is to fill in the gap between events in Terran Conflict and Rebirth. Whether it will be similar in design to Rebirth I'm not sure, I think though that Rebirth has a new engine, whereas Albion Prelude can use the Terran Conflict files to run.

Here's a link to another topic that is in the General Discussion forum, rather than this forum in case anyone wants to hear other opinions. Also, here's a link to the official Egosoft forums' topic.
SolarInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:56 AM   #5
lyravega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzalander View Post

I've bought every X game to date and before the superbox was added.. and for that loyalty the DLC is given free to those who buy the superbox later... and for cheaper...

Thanks Egosoft.
Exactly how I feel.
lyravega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:42 AM   #6
d10sfan

Yea, it'd be nice if they did it based on the games you bought, not the pack for that reason. At least they're giving a loyalty discount for having some of it, so that helps a bit.

Looks pretty interesting
d10sfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:06 PM   #7
Father Tiresias

@minusthedrifter

if you have an avg to decent pc, go for terran conflict and the new add-on.
reunion is a poor version of terran conflict, and i think you will find the earlier games a little too dated to be of a huge interest to you at the moment.
a slight word of warning, is most of the x series games have a steep learning curve, if you are new to the series your best friend is the always busy egosoft forums, where you will get plenty of advise from well seasoned veterns and new-comers alike to help you on your way (no question ever goes unanswered).

Father T.
Father Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #8
Valkadesh

Anyone by chance know if this is just going to function as an expansion onto the existing game (as in, if you have an existing game going you can load up that save and the content will be there) or is it going to be a separate module that will require you to start a new game?
Valkadesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:20 PM   #9
=XIII=Shea

I seen on egosoft forum,that a new game start is required,
=XIII=Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:12 PM   #10
Valkadesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by =XIII=Shea View Post
I seen on egosoft forum,that a new game start is required,
Thought it might be )=. Fortunately I haven't put much time into this yet, but at least I know to wait for the update before getting involved. Thanks.
Valkadesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:13 AM   #11
mriguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzalander View Post

Thanks Egosoft.
Write Egosoft about this. If you do have every title and can prove it, maybe they will treat it as a Superbox.

I brought the Superbox despite already having X2 and X3 because I wanted the original titles and liked the idea of a complete one piece set.
mriguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:13 AM   #12
lyravega

Well, I sent an e-mail to them, maybe they'll read it. But this or that, I'll be buying it. A loyalty promo of some sorts at least will boost my "happiness"
lyravega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:29 PM   #13
burgerss

Quote:
Originally Posted by minusthedrifter View Post
Whoa, nice...

I'm a total newbie though... I've never played any X games however just stumbled upon the series the other day and being a huge fan EVE and "anything spaceshipy" I wanna give this game a shot.

I would get x3tc since it will be needed for the dlc (not x:rebirth which is a new seperate game) I think. The x games have a very steep learning curve and take many hours to start up. x3 is much different than eve. You can control many ships at once.
burgerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:18 PM   #14
minusthedrifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Tiresias View Post
a slight word of warning, is most of the x series games have a steep learning curve, if you are new to the series your best friend is the always busy egosoft forums, where you will get plenty of advise from well seasoned veterns and new-comers alike to help you on your way (no question ever goes unanswered).
Thanks everyone for the advice I just purchased and installed TC so I'm looking forward to losing any vestige of a social life with this and Skyrim installed Good thing my gf doesn't mind being ignored for long periods of time!

Oh, and I can appreciate a computer game that is still a computer game in every sense of the word. Learning curve and all, that's part of the fun. The more complexity the better. I've already started watching some tutorials and while I know the trek is going to wrought with my death and failure it'll be worth it in the end. True PC games are hard to come by these days, I intend to support all the ones I happen upon
minusthedrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:42 AM   #15
Ghostie024

I really hope this game has better support for Windows 7 than the previous games. Egosofts own forum is loaded with posts about problems with sound for W7 users.

I loved X2 and even downgraded to XP to play X3 games, but this time I will do nothing of the sort.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > X2: The Threat & X3: The Reunion