Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > EverQuest series

Old 12-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #1
Ganger

Can old players still play with their old accounts on F2P ?

I started playing everquest II back when it first came out. I haven't played the game for years now. Can someone comfirm that I can still play my old characters with this new F2P system ?
Old 12-08-2011, 12:10 PM   #2
dave_

I was wondering that, too.
dave_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:25 PM   #3
captain_video

As long as you remember your Station ID and PW, yes. There have been server merges over the last few years, so if your characters were on a server which no longer exists, you may need to call SOE's support # to figure out where they were moved. Anyone who was ever previously subscribed will have the equivalent of "Silver" status on one of the F2P servers. This will affect how many character slots you have.
captain_video is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #4
dawn_patrol

If you're like me, then every character was locked due to being a race or class that free players aren't allowed to use. Additionally, you can only have 4 character slots. I didn't even bother deleting old characters to try it out. Uninstalled for good.
dawn_patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #5
Zorlac

Yes you can.
Zorlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:09 PM   #6
captain_video

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn_patrol View Post
If you're like me, then every character was locked due to being a race or class that free players aren't allowed to use. Additionally, you can only have 4 character slots. I didn't even bother deleting old characters to try it out. Uninstalled for good.
For a while they were grandfathering in the right to play any character you rolled while subscribed, regardless of his/her race, but perhaps they have stopped doing that now. You would get four (4) free character slots, yes. The unlocked characters would default to the ones you played most recently. If you contact SOE support they can switch those around for returning players on a one-time basis. Additional character slots can be purchased without subscribing; they're cheap when you get them on sale and use double or triple Station Cash to pay for them.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:15 PM   #7
Booty_Juice

I played EQ2 for a little while when it 1st came out. I downloaded the F2P version and logged on with my old station ID and PW, and my toons were still there but I can't play them without paying to unlock those races (Vah Shir and Rat - I can't remember what they are called)
Booty_Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:35 PM   #8
BBQsauce1

wow.. all of my 3 characters are a restricted class.. Guess I cant play for free after all. Nice try EQ2, but you guys failed.. when you lock out an entire account, you are losing potential money. I'll uninstall. peace out
BBQsauce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:55 PM   #9
captain_video

I did further research, and the locked characters are a mistake, SOE does intend to allow all characters rolled on previously-subscribed accounts to be played without having to buy any class or race packs. See this link for reference:

http://www.everquest2.com/news/artic...urrent&id=5068

The silver accounts are still limited to four free character slots, so if you have more old characters than that, you'll either have to make some choices or buy more slots.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:49 PM   #10
taoareyou

I have characters on Crushbone server. So I can plan those old characters or will I only be able to play characters on their special free to play servers only?
taoareyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #11
captain_video

Quote:
Originally Posted by taoareyou View Post
I have characters on Crushbone server. So I can plan those old characters or will I only be able to play characters on their special free to play servers only?
All servers are now the same, so yes you can.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:53 AM   #12
Zorlac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQsauce1 View Post
wow.. all of my 3 characters are a restricted class.. Guess I cant play for free after all. Nice try EQ2, but you guys failed.. when you lock out an entire account, you are losing potential money. I'll uninstall. peace out
They're fixing this so you can play them now.
Zorlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:32 PM   #13
BBQsauce1

Guess we will see if they actually allow old characters to play. If they fix it, I'll give it another spin.. just wish I hadn't uninstalled it ROFL oh well. serves em right.
BBQsauce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:35 PM   #14
Myrkrel

Yeah I just now logged in with my old Ratonga Necromancer without buying the race or class pack. And 9 out of my 11 characters are playable - without buying extra slots. Sweet!

Its too bad they didn't have that in place on the first day though - I'm sure a lot of vets logged in, saw the restrictions, and won't bother looking at it again.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:21 PM   #15
Honethite

Yep, was able to log in and play my very old characters back from 2006, nice to see I have all the expansions enabled except the last 2, plenty of content to do and see.
Honethite is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > EverQuest series