Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Trine series

Old 12-08-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
Tinye

Trine 2 Wizard skills

So first all... GREAT game, just played through more than half with 2-3 players on coop. So many laughs and giggles. Everything is great about this game, the art, the fluidity, the puzzles, the baddies but, of course, there is one thing which i was bummed about regarding the wizards skill set.

I missed my triangle box where i could make it explode with the thief and/or let her grapple on it. Perhaps the levels weren't made for that in mind but I just miss it - But on a positive note Levitate monster is OP for sure. Super fun too!

What do you guys think about the new/different skills?
Old 12-08-2011, 05:47 PM   #2
Spread.Love

i was actually glad that they removed the triangle.
first: because i always had a hard time to cast it. after several times casting a trinagle in the air it finally worked.
second: gaps and most stages were very very easy to handle, cast a triangle, grapple hook and voila.

my oppinion: the game doesnt need it and i think its a good thing they removed it.
Spread.Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:12 PM   #3
Zaole

it's been way too long since i played the first one so i can't remember if he could also do it in that one, but the wizard can conjure 2 boxes or planks, one on top of the other, stand on top of them, and then levitate the bottom most one and surf through the skies unhindered. a bit "game breaking", but really fun. i figure it's not intended since it solves a lot of puzzles easily
Zaole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:37 PM   #4
That Happy Cat

The double-conjure-fly exploit is still in. Regarding the floating triangle, it's a good thing that was removed; it was way too faceroll.
That Happy Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:02 AM   #5
alcator

If you think self-levitation is game-breaking, then you can always decide NOT to use it... My wife is not as good a player as I am and it's good she can do this if she's really stuck; otherwise, it would be too frustrating for her.

here are some other tips on self-imposed challenges if you need extra challenge for replay value
alcator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:27 PM   #6
Tinye

Interesting thought on the triangle. I guess I just didn't think about it that way - I'm just a person who likes situational skills/spells and being creative with something even if its harder. But none the less I am still very happy with the new skill we got.

Also on the self levitation thing I know that it's cheap so I only use it when I just don't have any options I can think of but it is kind of difficult to do in the midst of obstacles because you have to levitate yourself so slowly or it will drop. That's what I've noticed.
Tinye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:26 PM   #7
Kikstyo

I actually prefer the self leviation to be removed. I seen some players basically use only that method instead of figuring out how to beat the puzzle or traps. IMO, it takes out all the fun since self leviation can get you to anywhere mostly.

alcator: If your wife is stuck, i think theres a hint in the options right?
Kikstyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:02 AM   #8
fakiyo

I didn't even notice until this thread.
So I didn't miss it.

The only thing I missed was the item system
fakiyo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Trine series