Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Ignite

Old 12-09-2011, 08:16 AM   #1
3x0r10

Banned
Bug Report Thread

Might just build a thread collecting bugs for this game.

I found these involving with the gamepad support :
- The gamepad support seems still a little buggy. I had Logitech Rumble Gamepad F510, which has vibration feedbacks, sometimes it is vibrating just fine sometimes it's not with Ignite. (xinput/xbox mode)
- When I pause the game, the game repeatedly played the sound "ding" so it went like "dingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingding" and the gamepad won't work in the pause menu. (using xinput/xbox mode).

I never switched my F510 from the xinput mode, since most recent games support xbox pad anyway.

If you found any bug and want to report, just report it here probably would be much easier for the devs to track if all the problem collected into one thread.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:44 AM   #2
ZachZeb

Can you elaborate a little bit more on the vibration issues please? We'll try to get to the bottom of this as soon as we can.
ZachZeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:57 AM   #3
3x0r10

Banned
I'm not sure, but the vibration just doesn't work sometimes. Usually after I press the button "vibrate" the gamepad would vibrate for awhile then it detects the vibration from the game, this works for games such as darksiders.

when I play something else, the vibration run just fine.

Also, the "set default" in controller mapping in gamepad option doesn't work, it only set the keyboard mapping back to default.
3x0r10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:20 AM   #4
3x0r10

Banned
BTW Zach, you might want to ask steam forum admin to mark your nickname, like other forums, where the devs got green nickname and status displayed that they're actually one of the dev member.

Seems like some people are not aware you're a crew member or something, and thus this place doesn't look deserted.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:11 PM   #5
lordofterror

what are the exact requirements for this game to least run ? i have not seen any game just close down saying your system does not meet the requirements?
lordofterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:00 PM   #6
3x0r10

Banned
that's not really helpful you know?

what's the exact error message and what's your spec?
Old 12-12-2011, 06:59 PM   #7
lordofterror

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3x0r10 View Post
that's not really helpful you know?

what's the exact error message and what's your spec?
thats the error message i get "direct x error , your system does not meet the minimum requirements" cant i at least see how the game is ?
my specs are Intel core 2 duo 1.7ghz , 2gb ddr 2 , 500gb hdd , ati x1400 256mb windows 7 , its a bit of a old card but runs deus ex hr and skyrim in lower settings fine.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #8
Nyaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofterror View Post
thats the error message i get "direct x error , your system does not meet the minimum requirements" cant i at least see how the game is ?
my specs are Intel core 2 duo 1.7ghz , 2gb ddr 2 , 500gb hdd , ati x1400 256mb windows 7 , its a bit of a old card but runs deus ex hr and skyrim in lower settings fine.
Hi,

I'm one of the developers, and I just would like to let you know that custom windows skins could mess up the fullscreen window creation in some rare cases.

Please try to set up the "disable desktop composition" compatibility mode for the executable. You can do that on the "Compatibility" tab of the properties menu after right clicking the "ignite.exe" (it can be found under the "steam/steamapps/common/ignite/" directory).

Let me know if this helps.
Of course this will be fixed in a future update.

If it still doesn't launch, please contact us at support@nemesys.hu and we will look into this.
Nyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:54 PM   #9
lordofterror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyaki View Post
Hi,

I'm one of the developers, and I just would like to let you know that custom windows skins could mess up the fullscreen window creation in some rare cases.

Please try to set up the "disable desktop composition" compatibility mode for the executable. You can do that on the "Compatibility" tab of the properties menu after right clicking the "ignite.exe" (it can be found under the "steam/steamapps/common/ignite/" directory).

Let me know if this helps.
Of course this will be fixed in a future update.

If it still doesn't launch, please contact us at support@nemesys.hu and we will look into this.
thanks for the help , i tried that still the game opens and i get a pop up saying direct x error , the system does not meet the requirements and it closes.
here is how it takes place
1st screen
http://imageupload.org/?d=9CA948131
and then the pop up
http://imageupload.org/?d=88F458D81

if you still want any more info , i can send in to the support email you provided

Last edited by lordofterror: 12-13-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:45 AM   #10
Nyaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofterror View Post
if you still want any more info , i can send in to the support email you provided
I would appreciate it if you could send us a DXDIAG first.
Nyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:13 AM   #11
lordofterror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyaki View Post
I would appreciate it if you could send us a DXDIAG first.
sent in a mail to the support.
issue fixed thanks to support

Last edited by lordofterror: 12-17-2011 at 06:56 AM.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:39 AM   #12
ZachZeb

A known issue with Ignite: The game won't start. You see the preparing to start box, it closes and nothing happens. We know about this issue and are working on it now.

In the mean time, here is a quick fix that should help:

1. Navigate to the executable or shortcut for Ignite using Explorer.
2. Right click on it and select Properties.
3. Select the Compatibility tab and check Disable desktop composition, then click on OK.
ZachZeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:13 PM   #13
sphearis

Multiplayer issues:
-When connecting to another player's server, everything seems normal but a few seconds later, the name of the host disappears, we can't chat, the host can't launch the race(clicking on ready seems to work on my side) and after some time I receive the message "The host has left" or something like that. I can play every other game online and I tried to disable my firewall too.

The host could play with another player online normally.
sphearis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:18 PM   #14
sphearis

A controller issue too...
Not really an issue but something which could be fixed:
-I'm playing with a wireless xbox 360 controller, everything is fine when I activate the gamepad before launching the game, but if I forget and activate it after having launched the game it isn't recognised + if I quit and launch the game again with the controller on, the settings reverts back to keyboard controls and I have to change the controls manually.

This is often annoying as you can still use the gamepad in the menus, it's only when you start a race that you realize the controller isn't working...
sphearis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:57 PM   #15
tombinet

Good Morning,

I have downloaded the Demo and have a PhysX Error: "Physx Driver not installed: Physx installer will now start shortly."

Then I can see the nvidia Physx installer for a second. Self closed. And then: Nothing happens.
I can do this over and over again. But don´t play.

Windows Vista 64 Bit, GTX460@SLI, all PhysX Driver installed, other Physx Games run!

Any Idea?
tombinet is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Ignite