Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Assassin's Creed series

Old 12-09-2011, 11:51 AM   #1
david.daniel4

Ubisoft Game Launcher Error Code 2

Ok, I know there are a few forum posts on this topic, but none of the proposed solutions are helping me.

The problem is that whenever I launch AC:R, I get an error saying that it can't find my Ubisoft Game Launcher, Error Code 2. I'm on Windows 7.

I have been scouring Steam and Ubisoft forums for a working solution and none of them have worked so far, and I'm starting to get frustrated that my $50 game isn't working.

The solutions that I have tried so far are:

1)Redownloading/installing the game

2)Verifying the Integrity of my game cache

3)Manually installing the Ubisoft Game Launcher from the installer located in the Support folder of the game's directory (each time I do this, the installer crashes after I hit install. I have tried various compatibility options, running as administrator does not help). There is no Ubisoft Game Launcher folder anywhere in my steam program file or anywhere else in my program files, it is not listed in Add/Remove Programs. I downloaded the Ubisoft game launcher installer off of ubisoft's support forums, and I had no more luck with that.

4)Removing 5 specific lines of lode within the Hosts File in \System32\drivers\etc, I never added them to begin with, they were not there, that was not an issue.

5)Attempting to install the game while running steam as an administrator. This did not help either.

Most people seem to have had their problem resolved with these fixes, but I have seen a few posts of people who were unable to get this fixed, with no further solutions suggested.

I contacted steam support clearly detailing my issue, but their response was disappointing to say the least. They seemed to think I had Assassin's Creed 2, in spite of the fact that I clearly stated several times that it is Revelations, and all of the fixes they suggested were the ones that I clearly stated did not work.

I've had this game for over a week, it cost me $50 bucks and its not working. Help please!
Old 12-10-2011, 01:53 AM   #2
sanders007

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.daniel4 View Post
Ok, I know there are a few forum posts on this topic, but none of the proposed solutions are helping me.

The problem is that whenever I launch AC:R, I get an error saying that it can't find my Ubisoft Game Launcher, Error Code 2. I'm on Windows 7.

I have been scouring Steam and Ubisoft forums for a working solution and none of them have worked so far, and I'm starting to get frustrated that my $50 game isn't working.

The solutions that I have tried so far are:

1)Redownloading/installing the game

2)Verifying the Integrity of my game cache

3)Manually installing the Ubisoft Game Launcher from the installer located in the Support folder of the game's directory (each time I do this, the installer crashes after I hit install. I have tried various compatibility options, running as administrator does not help). There is no Ubisoft Game Launcher folder anywhere in my steam program file or anywhere else in my program files, it is not listed in Add/Remove Programs. I downloaded the Ubisoft game launcher installer off of ubisoft's support forums, and I had no more luck with that.

4)Removing 5 specific lines of lode within the Hosts File in \System32\drivers\etc, I never added them to begin with, they were not there, that was not an issue.

5)Attempting to install the game while running steam as an administrator. This did not help either.

Most people seem to have had their problem resolved with these fixes, but I have seen a few posts of people who were unable to get this fixed, with no further solutions suggested.

I contacted steam support clearly detailing my issue, but their response was disappointing to say the least. They seemed to think I had Assassin's Creed 2, in spite of the fact that I clearly stated several times that it is Revelations, and all of the fixes they suggested were the ones that I clearly stated did not work.

I've had this game for over a week, it cost me $50 bucks and its not working. Help please!

EXACTLY the same problem right here, I am going crazy of finding a solution. Support and steam of ubisoft have not helped me yet. Very disappointing ... If I succeed to fix the issue I let u know..
Old 12-27-2011, 03:48 AM   #3
ace_sniper25

Hey if you're still having problems try downloading this: http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orbit/lau...rInstaller.exe
It's the correct installer for Ubi Game Launcher, should fix your problem, did for mine (:
Have fun!
ace_sniper25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #4
exkrima

I have the same problem, I installed the ubisoft gamelauncher from cd up to downloading the ubisoft game launcher. but no chance the problem is I cannot locate the ubisoft game launcher folder or should I say the ubisoft game launcher itself is not installing it stops at first load then gone. what seems to be the problem?
exkrima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:09 AM   #5
mcguire867

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace_sniper25 View Post
Hey if you're still having problems try downloading this: http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orbit/lau...rInstaller.exe
It's the correct installer for Ubi Game Launcher, should fix your problem, did for mine (:
Have fun!
Well done. Fixed it for me too.
mcguire867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:17 AM   #6
supeflyjp

To anyone still having this problem, as I was after following the directions in this thread and elsewhere - head to your control panel -> add/remove programs. If you still see the Ubisoft Game Launcher there, but can't find the file folder in your C: drive, then this is what's causing the problem.

Uninstall the game launcher using add/remove programs (or in windows 7, programs and features). Reinstall the game launcher using the stand-alone installer posted by ace_sniper25 in this thread. Now try running AC:R from steam.

Good luck.
supeflyjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #7
Darken

Quote:
Have fun!
Where did you find that!? Trying it now.
Darken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:12 AM   #8
WooperY

Quote:
Have fun!
Thanks man, this worked
WooperY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:11 PM   #9
JoshRem12

Quote:
Have fun!
Thank you for this!!!
JoshRem12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:47 AM   #10
thdrknss

Background story:

I have ACII, ACB and ACR installed on my computer. However, I didn't get ACR until very recently. Upon having installed ACR, I could not access the Game Launcher, which had worked perfectly fine with ACII and ACB. Thusly, I couldn't go online and access the Uplay features, nor play in the multiplayer mode.

This thread solved this problem for me as the new Game Launcher (apart from being way better) works for all three aforementioned titles.

So, thank you very much to ace_sniper25 for posting the solution (aka. installing the Game Launcher from the link provided).

Important note: Users beware: if you do install the new Game Launcher, your game settings will reset and you will have to start all over again. You might be successful in copying the proper files from your game folder in Documents and then paste them, but please do so at your own risk. I had only completed Sequence 2 in the game, so it wasn’t all that great of a loss for me, to have to start the game all over.

Specs:
Windows 7 64-bit
Intel core i7-2600
AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5
6GB DDR3 1333MHz

Last edited by thdrknss: 08-20-2012 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Formatting
thdrknss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:54 AM   #11
xduluxex

UGH I had ACR for xmas and about 2 days after I had a sign saying assassins creed revelations has stopped working then about 4 times trying to start it up it came up with an error code 2, then I searched the web for answers and calling ubisoft but still nothing and even installing it and reinstalling it (I bought it through game CD not through steam. After trying to fix it i can neither uninstall or even play i cant to anything with it, and its sitting there taking up space in my pc so plz help

(when I try and play it from the start-up menu (Manual, play, install,) it says windows cannot find C:\Programme files\Ubisoft\Assassins Creed Revelations\AssassinsCreedRevelations.exe make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again. And when I want to uninstall it it says:
This setup has detected that version 1.02.000 of assassins creed revelations is already installed
This setup installs an earlier version of assassins creed (1.00)
you will have to unistall the previous version before installing this version

AND THIS IS AFFECTING AC2 as well, and now I'm afraid I cant get AC3 cso it may affect that too.

SOMEONE HELP!!!!

Last edited by xduluxex: 11-03-2012 at 10:04 AM.
xduluxex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #12
tomse

Thanks worked for me too.

Though I had a newer version in the destination dir, I renamed that one. started the game, and let the uplay update, after that I copied the old (existing) folder contens and overwrote the dir. Keeping the savegames.

I got the problem after doing a systems restore, bad MS updates
tomse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:40 AM   #13
Spinal07

Quote:
Originally Posted by supeflyjp View Post
To anyone still having this problem, as I was after following the directions in this thread and elsewhere - head to your control panel -> add/remove programs. If you still see the Ubisoft Game Launcher there, but can't find the file folder in your C: drive, then this is what's causing the problem.

Uninstall the game launcher using add/remove programs (or in windows 7, programs and features). Reinstall the game launcher using the stand-alone installer posted by ace_sniper25 in this thread. Now try running AC:R from steam.

Good luck.
i couldn't find it in my programs, but everytime i try to download the game launcher provided, it keeps telling me i have a newer version installed already. where could i possibly find it?
Spinal07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:37 PM   #14
Tig Ol Bitties

Banned
I went to Ubisoft site and downloaded uPlay again. That was the only thing that worked for me.

Oh, and by the way, F*CK YOU UBISOFT.

Last edited by Tig Ol Bitties: 12-29-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Tig Ol Bitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #15
Surfer_Renegade

Angry

Quote:
Have fun!
Thanks, this worked for me...it was driving me nuts

Surfer_Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Assassin's Creed series