Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > F1 2011

Old 12-10-2011, 05:47 AM   #1
liptor

about the complaining

Everyone is always complaining about everything, how bad it is and etc....
I have to say, the game is working perfectly for me. I have no problems about the execute file, no problems with gfwl,de autosave isn't buggy,... the only thing i do encouter is the long loading time between races but that makes it ideal for a smoke.
So guys... don't be so negative about the game and just enjoy the game
Old 12-10-2011, 06:04 AM   #2
HugoBob

I think the game is good too! I experienced the save game bug just once, but that was enough to loose 100 hours of career mode.
HugoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:09 AM   #3
liptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoBob View Post
I think the game is good too! I experienced the save game bug just once, but that was enough to loose 100 hours of career mode.
now that is a BIG bummer
liptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:28 AM   #4
Pete Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by liptor View Post
Everyone is always complaining about everything, how bad it is and etc....
I have to say, the game is working perfectly for me. I have no problems about the execute file, no problems with gfwl,de autosave isn't buggy,... the only thing i do encouter is the long loading time between races but that makes it ideal for a smoke.
So guys... don't be so negative about the game and just enjoy the game
Hi Liptor, sounds like you have been lucky.
I enjoy the game a lot when it is not playing up...just like F1 2010.
I have a very powerful gaming PC that never really gets pushed by any game;so we can rule that out as a weak point. I have a G27 wheel (best in the working mans price range) this combination works flawlessly in all my racing sim's or arcade games...bugs is bugs and this game has many; the same as 2010 had bugs.
I know all new games get bugs; but the developers address them and do something about them. Codemasters ignore bug reports...the bugs in this game will not get fixed until F1 2012 comes out...with a new set of bugs no doubt.
This time around, the only bug that has affected me to date is the steering wheel bug...but this can lead to to loss of progress among other things and it keeps repeating at intervals.
Still play the game though...F1 nut you see!!!
Pete Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:36 PM   #5
Kimohboda

Liptor, probably you are right. AS for me my disadvantage is that i play games for almost 20 years now. I have played many...many race games. Sometimes i wished i was a game newbie again, not familiar with older titles. But hey, i cant turn back time. The only thing i can do is going with the flow and sometimes that's pretty difficult playing some race games. CM have learned from F1 2010 as it comes down to car physics. F1 2011 is better than F1 2010. The problem CM has is that they are keen to bring out a new F1 game every year. And every year that same F1 title will have bugs. Bugd they cannot solve cause they dont have time. They are on the clock looking forward to the next season.

I'd rather would have a good decent F1 game from a few years back with a strong mod community that takes care of the new liveries than a new F1 game every year and we just have to see how things are. Im enjoying F1 2011 only in trial times. As soon as AI plays part is awful bad. AI takes time to develop, time they dont have. That's their choice but in the end it causes many people getting upset by quality.
Kimohboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #6
Pete Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimohboda View Post
Liptor, probably you are right. AS for me my disadvantage is that i play games for almost 20 years now. I have played many...many race games. Sometimes i wished i was a game newbie again, not familiar with older titles. But hey, i cant turn back time. The only thing i can do is going with the flow and sometimes that's pretty difficult playing some race games. CM have learned from F1 2010 as it comes down to car physics. F1 2011 is better than F1 2010. The problem CM has is that they are keen to bring out a new F1 game every year. And every year that same F1 title will have bugs. Bugd they cannot solve cause they dont have time. They are on the clock looking forward to the next season.

I'd rather would have a good decent F1 game from a few years back with a strong mod community that takes care of the new liveries than a new F1 game every year and we just have to see how things are. Im enjoying F1 2011 only in trial times. As soon as AI plays part is awful bad. AI takes time to develop, time they dont have. That's their choice but in the end it causes many people getting upset by quality.
Hi Kimohboda, I agree 11 is better than 10 on the car physics point, but all the Geof' Crammond F1 games put both of them to shame. GP4 is still the best F1 game to be played and many of us still do play it. I've got an old Micropose game called 'Spirit Of Speed'; the graphics are laughable by today standards but the physics are way beyond what you get in F1 10 and 11. That is one of the big drawbacks for the two Codemasters F1 games...comparison!...if you have been playing racing sim's for many years, you have been spoiled, as far as physics are concerned; when comparing to F1 10 and 11. I can put up with poor quality of the physics; as Codemaster have never claimed the games to be sim's, but not fixing bugs and ignoring the players gripes, is tacking the jarate. Race07 and all that comes with it, is where I am mostly at, I suppose I am like a lot of others; I just wanted to get my hands on an up to date F1 game that had it all!. The graphics, the cars and the tracks are super...pity about the racing bit; which is all important. I race online and offline, career gp and trials, so I don't find it a total loss...
just wish they would address the bugs. I don't go along with the argument that getting a game a year out for F1 is a big deal...not that much changes over a year in F1.
Pete Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:32 AM   #7
Kimohboda

Hi Pete, Oh yeah, i have been spoiled . The good old Jeff. While EA sports, as being a huge daughter of EA, made some quit decent F1 games (F1 2000 and 2002), Jeff did it "on its own". Maybe its not the car physics. i mean: What are good car physics? There is only 1 important item to fufill: translation of FFB into the steering wheel. I think car physics are good as soon as there is a good balance between under-oversteer depending on the racegame itself. A F1 car has different behaviour than a WTCC car for example. Trough my Logitech G27 i must feel that im driving on the edge of the cars capabilities. F1 2011 has a better feeling than F1 2010.
Another very important feature of a race sim are the options. Im not starting a console trol cause i have a PS3 myself. But the true lack of good ingame options make de F1 games of CM no fun.
I installed F1 2002 from EA. It has sliders to set the AI difficulty and aggression level. In that way its possible to set the AI exact to your own capabilities. Simbins Race 07 has the same system. I remember i started at about 90% AI difficulty. Now im at about 100% depending on the track and car. CM should apply much more ingame options. A better controller setup menu, more race setup options.
And the bugs...CM dont have time to work on them. As people complain that AI is too agressive, CM makes a patch and boom, everybody complains the AI is too lame. Why dont they make sliders to fit in eveyones needs? Maybe cause they want their F1 games to be valid for 1 year, cause the year after they must be sure eveyone will buy it...i dont know
Kimohboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:25 AM   #8
CDN_Merlin

I don't have any issues with F1 2011. I've been playing F1 games since 1994 starting with World Circuit. I've played Grand Prix 2, 3, 3-2000, 4, GTR, GTR2, GT Legends, Race 07, Race On, GTR Evolution, Colin McRae Rally, Dirt 3 and then some.

To date, the game that has given me the best feeling when i play it is Grand Prix Legends. Yes, it's 1967 F1 but the thrill is there. No other game has given me that feeling yet. Race On is close and I'm hoping GTR 3 gets it right.
GPL has been updated graphic wise for a long time and made to work even on Win 7 64
bit. There are hundreds of tracks for it.

I haven't tried LFS in ages, or I-racing but I hear they are good. It all depends on the end user and what THEY believe is a realistic game.

Last edited by CDN_Merlin: 12-13-2011 at 05:57 AM.
CDN_Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:53 AM   #9
liptor

i think i jinx it.
My f1 2011 exe doesn't work anymore.

grrrr next time i keep my mouth shut
liptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:51 AM   #10
JimmyMcNulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by liptor View Post
The game worked perfectly for me.

Still doesn't deter my hatred of GFWL, or the fact i am yet to complete a season because of either 1)autosave corrupt files, 2)AI glitches that make it close to impossible to race or 3)the game just does not inspire me enough to actually complete a season.

You have failed to mention the soul of the game, probably because it is non existent. I like soul in my games, F1 2011 just feels like another game off the Codemasters conveyor belt.

It is the reason i don't really venture into annual franchises like F1, FIFA etc, no soul and little improvement on previous versions. In fact F1 2011 is a backward step from 2010, the cars feel too arcadey even in Career mode, you can through them around way too easy.

As for the textures, just don't get me started on the textures.
JimmyMcNulty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:23 AM   #11
b00tsy

The game F2011 runs fine after tweaking the graphic settings. The controller setup sux like nothing else though. I have tried everything to get some decent steer/throttle/brake control but it stays pretty horrible (read unplayable). Maybe I have been spoiled with the PS2 (Gran turismo) controls which was superb dont know. With F1 on the pc it totally lacks precision, either it is full throttle and full brake or nothing and same with steering. If I go left or right the steering is way to much. To have some kind of control I am left with quick taps on the controller as it refuses to go slightly left/right. I played with the steering sensitivity settings, the dead zone etcetera, nothing works. I barely get half way the field during a race this way till I eventually crash. Very disappointing.
b00tsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > F1 2011