Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dungeons

Old 12-10-2011, 05:14 AM   #1
sokkur

Don't let other people fool yourself

Don't take those that moan about this game and give very limited information about it seriously because those are probably simple minded people that bought the game without reading properly about it. Most of them have only spent like 10-30 minutes on this game and therefore don't have exprienced it's full potential. As always when deciding if to buy a game or not read both good and bad "reviews" and look at the metascore(it is 6,5 for Dungeons and 7,2 for The Dark lord).
Old 12-10-2011, 10:48 PM   #2
Loki@H|H

Refusing to accept negative opinions of the game is just naive because you're essentially saying that everyone who complains about it is a moaner and therefore wrong. You might as well not listen to any opinions rather than pick and choose as it has the same effect - you're selectively deciding what to believe.

As for metacritic, here's a more detailed article about it:

http://www.gameinformer.com/blogs/me...etacritic.aspx

It's a poor way to judge a game because metacritic (among other things) attempts to convert a qualitative statement into a quantitative one. E.g. if someone said the game was "poor" then how do you convert that to a number? Is it 2, 4 or Gamespots definition of poor, i.e. 8. Metacritic is not a review aggregate site like Rotton Tomatoes, so it should be taken with a pinch of salt.
Loki@H|H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:59 AM   #3
sokkur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki@H|H View Post
Refusing to accept negative opinions of the game is just naive because you're essentially saying that everyone who complains about it is a moaner and therefore wrong. You might as well not listen to any opinions rather than pick and choose as it has the same effect - you're selectively deciding what to believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokkur View Post
As always when deciding if to buy a game or not read both good and BAD "reviews"
Quote:
As for metacritic, here's a more detailed article about it:

http://www.gameinformer.com/blogs/me...etacritic.aspx

It's a poor way to judge a game because metacritic (among other things) attempts to convert a qualitative statement into a quantitative one. E.g. if someone said the game was "poor" then how do you convert that to a number? Is it 2, 4 or Gamespots definition of poor, i.e. 8. Metacritic is not a review aggregate site like Rotton Tomatoes, so it should be taken with a pinch of salt.
The metascore is best used by people that are "nautral" with the game. If you are somehow biased with the game then it could ba a bad idea to only look at the metacrose and I never said you should do that.

As for the blog, this user clearly isn't a professional is this subject and thefore can't be taken seriously.
sokkur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:12 PM   #4
Loki@H|H

Quote:
The metascore is best used by people that are "nautral" with the game.
I don't even know what that means, natural? neutral? I'm guessing neutral.

Quote:
If you are somehow biased with the game then it could ba a bad idea to only look at the metacrose and I never said you should do that.
It's impossible to play something and not be biased. You're inevitably limited to your own standards and preferences so what one person dislikes another likes. It's not like you review something from another persons perspective.

Quote:
As for the blog, this user clearly isn't a professional is this subject and thefore can't be taken seriously.
Neither are you an expert on other peoples opinions and you really don't know that most people only spent 10-30 minutes playing the game as you claim. Neither am I an expert game critic and nor is the guy in the article. You don't need to be an expert on something in order to have an opinion. If I buy a defective television and ask for a refund my opinion isn't discounted because I can't explain precisely how it works.

What you're refusing to accept is the fact that people who complain about a game aren't always a vocal minority whilst the majority of players are off having fun actually playing the game. Mostly the simplest solution is the right one - people say this game sucks because it does. Disagree? Sure, go ahead. But don't tell everyone else they're wrong.

If you actually enjoy the game then great, glad not everyone feels that they flushed £30 down the toilet. But considering that only a few threads down somebody asked if the game was worth buying and four out of four responses from different people all said it sucked. Not to mention you've already created multiple threads telling people that if they don't like the game and complain about it then they're not just wrong but also immature.

Last edited by Loki@H|H: 12-12-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:10 AM   #5
RaranTroff

I never understood how people can defend a clearly (by the majority of people who purchased/got conned by the intentional "this is a new DK" marketing) a god awful cash grab.

If one truly enjoys the game, great, good on you. I mean someone has to take thos 1's and 2's home from the bar at night. I suspect though some of the "fans" are more hipster and embracing what most of society considers crap as cool. Just my opinion though.

I played this game, and not on a free weekend. I got it when it came out. Spent an hour or so and that was an hour or so of my life I will never get back again, along with 40 bucks. I would rather hang out with a crowd of emo goths as they sit around and watch twilight.

Last edited by RaranTroff: 12-13-2011 at 12:15 AM.
RaranTroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:11 AM   #6
sokkur

Quote:
I don't even know what that means, natural? neutral? I'm guessing neutral.
Pure troll post.

Quote:
It's impossible to play something and not be biased. You're inevitably limited to your own standards and preferences so what one person dislikes another likes. It's not like you review something from another persons perspective.
By biased I meant that if you had any previous experinaces with similar games.

Quote:

What you're refusing to accept is the fact that people who complain about a game aren't always a vocal minority whilst the majority of players are off having fun actually playing the game. Mostly the simplest solution is the right one - people say this game sucks because it does. Disagree? Sure, go ahead. But don't tell everyone else they're wrong.

If you actually enjoy the game then great, glad not everyone feels that they flushed £30 down the toilet. But considering that only a few threads down somebody asked if the game was worth buying and four out of four responses from different people all said it sucked.
I never said that I liked the game.

Quote:
Not to mention you've already created multiple threads telling people that if they don't like the game and complain about it then they're not just wrong but also immature.
I am not saying that you can't have an opinion but repeatedly telling other people that this game is bad because of your own fault shows immaturity.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:32 AM   #7
Loki@H|H

Quote:
I never said that I liked the game.
So just to recap; nobody in this thread actually likes Dungeons. If that's not an endorsement then nothing is.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:54 AM   #8
sokkur

Quote:
So just to recap; nobody in this thread actually likes Dungeons. If that's not an endorsement then nothing is.
Ur wrong. I do like dungeons and the idea behind it but never said it to be more neutral.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:41 PM   #9
Loki@H|H

Okay; so you never said you like the game, but you do, when really you think it's neutral - crystal.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:27 AM   #10
sokkur

Wouldn't it be strange if I said that I liked the game in the same post as I was giving info about what to do when deciding if to buy a game or not?
Old 12-14-2011, 11:14 AM   #11
Loki@H|H

Quote:
Wouldn't it be strange if I said that I liked the game in the same post as I was giving info about what to do when deciding if to buy a game or not?
Of course not. As I already said; reviewing a game is an entirely subjective experience inherently limited to your own standards. It's why I dislike numerical representations of games because they presume that everyone has the same set of standards.

When it comes to reviewing a game (short of technical flaws of which Dungeons had many last time I played) all you can do is state whether or not you like it and why. There's no point saying "well I think this but you should think that" because then you might as well never have bothered reviewing the game at all.

When deciding whether or not to buy a game the best way to do so is by looking at review quantities. I already said metacritic was flawed because it averages reviews out (among other things) which basically ignores the quantity issue. e.g. if you had 4 people who rated the game 10, 5, 5, 5 then it averages out to 6.25. That doesn't mean the game is of average quality but rather 1/4 people enjoyed it. Hardly good odds when buying a game.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:17 AM   #12
sokkur

Quote:
Of course not. As I already said; reviewing a game is an entirely subjective experience inherently limited to your own standards. It's why I dislike numerical representations of games because they presume that everyone has the same set of standards.

When it comes to reviewing a game (short of technical flaws of which Dungeons had many last time I played) all you can do is state whether or not you like it and why. There's no point saying "well I think this but you should think that" because then you might as well never have bothered reviewing the game at all.
I understand what you mean but I must say that you can still see if you like the game even if the reviewer dosn't like it given that the review is detailed enough.

Quote:
When deciding whether or not to buy a game the best way to do so is by looking at review quantities. I already said metacritic was flawed because it averages reviews out (among other things) which basically ignores the quantity issue. e.g. if you had 4 people who rated the game 10, 5, 5, 5 then it averages out to 6.25. That doesn't mean the game is of average quality but rather 1/4 people enjoyed it. Hardly good odds when buying a game.
I disagree with you here.

Anyway, let's settle those arguments.
Hvae a great day!
Old 12-25-2011, 10:09 AM   #13
agentghost

Quote:
Don't take those that moan about this game and give very limited information about it seriously because those are probably simple minded people that bought the game without reading properly about it. Most of them have only spent like 10-30 minutes on this game and therefore don't have exprienced it's full potential. As always when deciding if to buy a game or not read both good and bad "reviews" and look at the metascore(it is 6,5 for Dungeons and 7,2 for The Dark lord).
Don't let the OP fool you. Supporting game with subpar quality send a clear msg to the developer that it is ok to crank those out since ppl like OP will buy it and attempt to persuade you to buy.

Ppl like you are the reason why we have shovelware, OP
agentghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 10:11 AM   #14
titiung1986

hehe

As I skim through these argument, it's clearly loki@H|H is an educated, mature person whereas sokkur is younger and immature )
titiung1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:14 PM   #15
Gvyse

i took about 130 mins trying to play this game and i hated it.
this game was more work and try to hide it self by making the player do pointless tasks to make it longer (i not talking about watering flowers, i talking about killing all the heroes your self to get max points)
Gvyse is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dungeons