Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Batman: Arkham Asylum

Old 12-13-2011, 10:19 AM   #16
gokanjin

I have a question, for the dlcs, is there anyway you can play as Joker on those map? Or is it completely blocked off?
gokanjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:51 PM   #17
Floobagop

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokanjin View Post
I have a question, for the dlcs, is there anyway you can play as Joker on those map? Or is it completely blocked off?
Nope. The Joker has eight maps that he can be used on, but no DLC maps.
Floobagop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:35 PM   #18
SatorialSix356

I'd really like to see this working on the GOTY edition.
SatorialSix356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:16 PM   #19
Floobagop

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatorialSix356 View Post
I'd really like to see this working on the GOTY edition.
I've been working on it. Unfortunately, the commands that enable the Joker (and the Armored Batsuit) DLC are not accepted by the GOTY executable. I'm not sure why they disabled it, but the only way I've been able to get it to work is to replace a lot of the GOTY files with the non-GOTY edition files. Essentially, then, it's not really the GOTY edition anymore. Still working on it though.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:47 PM   #20
SatorialSix356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floobagop View Post
I've been working on it. Unfortunately, the commands that enable the Joker (and the Armored Batsuit) DLC are not accepted by the GOTY executable. I'm not sure why they disabled it, but the only way I've been able to get it to work is to replace a lot of the GOTY files with the non-GOTY edition files. Essentially, then, it's not really the GOTY edition anymore. Still working on it though.
Yeah I hear ya. The only thing to do is to flood Rocksteady with emails and tweets bugging them about this.
SatorialSix356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #21
Floobagop

Believe me, I have sent e-mails (both to Rocksteady and the publishers), posted on their forums, private messaged the community managers. I've tried on at least 5 separate occasions. I have never received even one reply, nor have I received enough support to gain any attention.

I decided to tackle the issue on my own by looking into moving the PS3 DLC to PC. I was successful in getting it unpackaged and on my computer, but I didn't know enough about the game's structure until I discovered that the Mac version had all the DLC included. That still took some work, but it was much more straight-forward.

So, I'm sorry to the GOTY users, but it'll at least take some more work (if it is possible at all).
Old 12-13-2011, 09:17 PM   #22
gokanjin

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floobagop View Post
Believe me, I have sent e-mails (both to Rocksteady and the publishers), posted on their forums, private messaged the community managers. I've tried on at least 5 separate occasions. I have never received even one reply, nor have I received enough support to gain any attention.

I decided to tackle the issue on my own by looking into moving the PS3 DLC to PC. I was successful in getting it unpackaged and on my computer, but I didn't know enough about the game's structure until I discovered that the Mac version had all the DLC included. That still took some work, but it was much more straight-forward.

So, I'm sorry to the GOTY users, but it'll at least take some more work (if it is possible at all).
I tip my hats off to you for even tackling on such a task. Really good luck to you if you succeed is making it work on the GOTY edition as well. I'm glad someone figured out how to make Joker PC accessible, since the publishers won't do it.
gokanjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:41 AM   #23
chipperMDW

Yes, thank you for looking into this. I've been angry about the exclusive content for a while now.

I'm glad to hear that Prey in the Darkness maps can be made to work on GOTY. I'm frankly more annoyed about those than I am about the Joker stuff!
chipperMDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #24
walnut100

So have you had any more luck getting the DLC working on PC GOTY? Keep up the good work on this, this is great

Also hope that Rocksteady decides to just release it officially soon
walnut100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:46 AM   #25
benetti32

Quote:
Originally Posted by walnut100 View Post
So have you had any more luck getting the DLC working on PC GOTY? Keep up the good work on this, this is great

Also hope that Rocksteady decides to just release it officially soon
Rocksteady won't release it, they are already done with the game for more than few years...

Also would like to see the Joker mod in GOTY too
benetti32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #26
Rockworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by benetti32 View Post
Rocksteady won't release it, they are already done with the game for more than few years...

Also would like to see the Joker mod in GOTY too
Hell their already done with Arkham City. They made a couple of great games but they have a lot to learn about treating the paying customer like their beta testers.
Rockworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:26 PM   #27
walnut100

Haha never say never

I do agree though the PC community should take getting this all ported into their own hands until it happens officially. I'm willing to bet its only a matter of time before Rocksteady does it officially but it'll probably be another couple of years and people can play a mod that does the same thing in the mean time

Legally too since they own the Mac version
Old 01-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #28
xavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by walnut100 View Post
Haha never say never

I do agree though the PC community should take getting this all ported into their own hands until it happens officially. I'm willing to bet its only a matter of time before Rocksteady does it officially but it'll probably be another couple of years and people can play a mod that does the same thing in the mean time

Legally too since they own the Mac version
meh, to get them to do it officially would mean angering sony and might come down with a lawsuit because of breach of contract or some . you how sony is.

or would mean getting this info widespread across the internet for them to take notice that it works, which they have cause they patched it in GOTY.

also i would talk to EXE crackers about this, cuase they would know how these work more then anybody and might be able to figure out how to get the GOTY EXE to recognize the content. just an idea.
xavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #29
walnut100

Well we don't know if its a timed exclusive or not

I'd assume it was released on Mac because the terms of Sony's agreement were specific rather than general and didn't include Mac as a platform. Knowing this I find it highly likely that Sony set a time period for the agreement, maybe two years, maybe five, maybe one hundred, who knows. I'm willing to bet that if its not a ridiculous time period we'll see it officially some day
Old 01-27-2012, 04:49 AM   #30
xpruk00

no working for me maybe its because i did not extract all files from package folder (some error). EDIT: o i got it :-( i have GOTY version :-(

Last edited by xpruk00: 01-27-2012 at 12:26 PM.
xpruk00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Batman: Arkham Asylum