Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2: Episode Two

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 02:18 PM   #751
BauerSlyer
 
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2011
Reputation: 111
Posts: 570
OMG OMG OMG

This is getting out of hand.
BauerSlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:20 PM   #752
CWHunt456
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Reputation: 304
Posts: 1,453
Well... back to making forum games to keep us occupied I guess...
CWHunt456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:20 PM   #753
Tiz68
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Reputation: 380
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfrock22 View Post
I'm afraid I've got some bad news (as other emails have suggested):

Laidlaw has unfortunately confirmed there is no current ARG.
Bad news? That is good news! Finally we can put this to rest and go back to normal like it should have been since the beginning.
Tiz68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:21 PM   #754
Morrius
 
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Reputation: 46
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by getix2142 View Post
Here's how you screenshot on iOS

Press the home button and lock button at the same time.
The difficult bit is editing my own name and email out of the threaded conversation
Morrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:22 PM   #755
Nandro83
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Reputation: 116
Posts: 147
Been following this whole "ohmygoditsasign"-thing ever since people were talking about the possibillities of ep 3 to show up on VGA.

And a couple of things came to my mind shortly after the wheatley-video got the extra attention.

1: the stars: its kinda far fetched... if valve really wanted us to see lamdas, they would make the 5 stars, for the feets if you know what Im talking about.

2: the disturbance effect when wheatley tryin to send coordinates:
If you look on a image like that you can imagine excactly anything, I saw an elephant when I tried really hard and that confirmed the pointlessness of trying figuring out an image of something half-life related...

3: yes they showed us a t-shirt, and a voice actor talked to much about his latest job... lets just stay with that for now.

The portal 2 arg was a portal thing, witch worked out great for the portal-story, because it worked well with typicall glados behaviour, I do not see how an arg for a Half-Life game would fit in with the half-life universe, UNLESS valve decided to actually bind the two series together even more, witch would be a cool thing, but I really do think its a bit to much to ask for.

What Im saying is that you should all chill out a bit over this. you got a bit of attention on some gaming sites, but Its just not logicall for valve to announce anything sooner than E3 2012 by know, witch I do belive its the right time, both sony and ms will probablly show of their new consoles, and it will be the golden oportunity for valve to show a new game in the half-life series.
Nandro83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #756
RezCascade
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Reputation: 1006
Posts: 2,135
Thank God he ended it. This was getting out of hand, even by Valve ARG standards ha ha.
RezCascade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #757
slipperywhenwet
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Reputation: 1859
Posts: 6,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfrock22 View Post
I'm afraid I've got some bad news (as other emails have suggested):

Laidlaw has unfortunately confirmed there is no current ARG.

(This is from my own email)
I wasn't convinced at all about any of the events of the last two weeks, but I can't help but wonder, judging from the inclusion of "at this time" if they have anything planned. Probably nothing, and even if they do, I doubt it will be anytime soon, but still.
slipperywhenwet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:25 PM   #758
Dealwithit07
 
Banned
Join Date: Oct 2011
Reputation: 147
Posts: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilatomic View Post
Just found this : ♥[/color]/"]http://borealis/
Don't know what it mean. Don't even know if it's an official website.

edit : hum, the link don't work, forum is changing it each time i try to write it.
h t t p : / / b o r e a l i s . t k /
juste remove the spaces
It isn't
Dealwithit07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:27 PM   #759
piratenegro
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Reputation: 66
Posts: 39
Can we close this now that it's been confirmed numerous times that there is no Half Life ARG?
piratenegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #760
surfrock22
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Reputation: 5355
Posts: 13,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipperywhenwet View Post
I wasn't convinced at all about any of the events of the last two weeks, but I can't help but wonder, judging from the inclusion of "at this time" if they have anything planned. Probably nothing, and even if they do, I doubt it will be anytime soon, but still.
I think he's just confirming there's nothing going on. But -- I've gotta wonder.. are some of these "hints" deliberately placed there, with no intention of actually following through with anything legitimate? I hate to use the word "troll", but.. is everything uncovered so far.. placed there purposely? Is it REALLY all a coincidence? I find it hard to dismiss everyone's hard work on the matter as simply being delusional or completely mislead.

I just really don't understand.
surfrock22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:30 PM   #761
BauerSlyer
 
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2011
Reputation: 111
Posts: 570
Yeah close this hysterical thread.

Episode Three/HL3 isn't comming any time soon.
BauerSlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:30 PM   #762
Tiz68
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Reputation: 380
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfrock22 View Post
I think he's just confirming there's nothing going on. But -- I've gotta wonder.. are some of these "hints" deliberately placed there, with no intention of actually following through with anything legitimate? I hate to use the word "troll", but.. is everything uncovered so far.. placed there purposely? Is it REALLY all a coincidence? I find it hard to dismiss everyone's hard work on the matter as simply being delusional or completely mislead.

I just really don't understand.
You mistake hard work with desperate people finding patterns in things that just aren't there...
Tiz68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #763
surfrock22
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Reputation: 5355
Posts: 13,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiz68 View Post
You mistake hard work with desperate people finding patterns in things that just aren't there...
I'm just not really sure if that's always the case. I think there might be information purposely included, from time to time, with nothing more to be found.

And that confuses me..
surfrock22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:35 PM   #764
Tiz68
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Reputation: 380
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfrock22 View Post
I'm just not really sure if that's always the case. I think there might be information purposely included, from time to time, with nothing more to be found.

And that confuses me..
Don't frustrate yourself. Really, because that isn't the case. It's just coincidence.
Tiz68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:38 PM   #765
surfrock22
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Reputation: 5355
Posts: 13,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiz68 View Post
Don't frustrate yourself. Really, because that isn't the case. It's just coincidence.
You may be right, I just think it's very odd that news makes enough sense to end up on three major gaming sites. All of that information is simply a few people looking to closely at things? If you'll notice, Laidlaw never denies any of the information uncovered; he just confirms that no current ARG exists. Not saying anything one way or the other, just something I noticed.
surfrock22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2: Episode Two


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.