Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Old 12-11-2011, 08:26 AM   #1
PureRedemption

Steam Christmas Sale?

I didn't get to see the sale last year. This year I want the Valve Complete and Skyrim. I know the Valve complete will go on sale, but will it be a daily deal or will it go on through the whole thing? Because I don't want to buy it for like $50 then it becomes a daily deal for $25. And do newer games like Skyrim go on sale this early? If so, how much?

Thanks
Old 12-11-2011, 08:30 AM   #2
-=Sgt. Fopper=-

Just wait until the sale begins - if.
-=Sgt. Fopper=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:31 AM   #3
tacc

Quote:
I know the Valve complete will go on sale, but will it be a daily deal or will it go on through the whole thing?
Likely the whole time.

Quote:
Because I don't want to buy it for like $50 then it becomes a daily deal for $25.
Why don't you just wait till the last day then?

Quote:
And do newer games like Skyrim go on sale this early?
Let me get my crystal ball.

Quote:
If so, how much?
Still looking for it.
tacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:36 AM   #4
Fat Cat

Banned
1 more week, after the nuclear dawn free weekend, then there will be xmas sales.
Fat Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:49 AM   #5
Fakez

You cant wait until the last day of the sales if none of the games you want go on a daily deal.
Fakez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #6
cr7camiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakez View Post
You cant wait until the last day of the sales if none of the games you want go on a daily deal.
And how is he supposed to know that any of the games he wants will go on a daily deal?
cr7camiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:30 AM   #7
Rancor26

I haven't seen christmas sale either but if it's like summer sale then almost all the games will go on sale eventually...
Rancor26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:41 PM   #8
Sly_Squash

- Valve complete packs, as well as many other "complete" publisher packs, are usually on sale at $50-$75 a piece, for the full duration of the sale (no daily discount).

- If you're interested in complete packs, you should also consider the THQ and 1C collection complete packs. Other publisher packs exist, but these seem to offer the greatest discount per game. I'd say the THQ pack probably has more quality games, and the 1C pack has more quantity.

- Newer games do go on sale, but not too often and not for too much. Their base prices are still high as well, so you're still paying a decent chunk even after the 25% off. I doubt Skrim will be on sale, and certainly not more than 25% off. But games like Batman Arkham City and Deus Ex Revolution are fair game.

- Most games that aren't new releases will be on sale for about 33% to 66% off everyday. There will also be daily deals (little less than a dozen) each day with further discounts (taking a 50% off game down to 75% off or something). The usual strategy to get around pulling the trigger too soon and missing out on further discounts is to wait until the last day of the sale and pick up anything you wanted that didn't go on sale during a daily sale.

- Don't get too hyped up about the last day of the sale. Often it's just a "encore" sale, offering a bunch of titles that were previously featured as daily deals for a second time. Not always, but sometimes.

I'm going off of my experience with these big sales on steam. I don't contend this year will definitely be the same, but it will most likely be something along these lines (if the folks at Valve are as awesome to us as they are most of the time). I hate to come to expect this kind of stuff, but unfortunately I kinda have.

Last edited by Sly_Squash: 12-11-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Sly_Squash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:42 PM   #9
Frigid

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr7camiao View Post
And how is he supposed to know that any of the games he wants will go on a daily deal?
You don't... that's why you wait till the last day.
Frigid is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion