Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PAYDAY The Heist

Old 12-12-2011, 08:17 AM   #1
eric_drayvin

How do you make armed guards/cops drop weapon and surrender?

I am at level 71 and still don't know how to cable tie a cop/guard. How do i get the to surrender? I melee them, they fall down then they get up so i melee again and they die.

any help appreciated. Sorry if there is already a question here but i can't search ofr some reason.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:26 AM   #2
KLKCAhBoy90

Talking

I used to shoot them with the pistol then shout for them to surrender but that's before I upgraded the damage for my pistol and that made this impossible.

What you're doing is correct. Basically, they only surrender if you deal enough damage (past their damage threshold which different types of cops have different levels). I've heard that the BS-9 (starting pistol) is great for taking hostages since it doesn't one hit kill them) and you might want to try it.

The other alternative is what you're doing (melee than shout) but don't straight away melee them the 2nd time unless they still point the gun at you. Another thing to note is they don't seem to surrender during assaults.

Do remember to shout twice too because only on the 2nd shout, then they will cuff themselves.

There is also the bug (I'm not sure if patch 3 fixed it) where the surrender is delayed.

Last edited by KLKCAhBoy90: 12-12-2011 at 09:49 AM.
KLKCAhBoy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:47 AM   #3
-:Bongo:-

They will never surrender during an assault, so dont try, wait till assaults over then slap them and shout at them to get their hands up. Guards and cops 1 slap, heavy swat can take 2 or 3 slaps depending on the difficulty.
-:Bongo:- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:01 AM   #4
SiberianPenguin

you can get heavy swats to surrender by sneaking up behind them after an assault.
SiberianPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:33 AM   #5
Explosif.be

I'm using melee and mp5, it's pretty easy:
Step 1: Melee them once
Step 2: Shout (it's pretty obvious when they decide to surrender)
Step 3a: If they decide to surrender: shout again until they cuff themselves
Step 3b: If they decide not to surrender: Shoot a single bullet of mp5 and shout.
Repeat Step 3a or 3b depending on the situation until they surrender or die

Also: -No single cop will surrender during an assault whatever amount of damage you inflict
-It's impossible to make a special unit (Tazer, cloaker,...) surrender
-They won't always surrender, some will fight to the death.
-The cops or military or whatever they are on Slaughterhouse don't seem to surrender either.
-I think FBI agent can fake surrendering, they will slowly drop their gun then suddenly get up and shoot again.
-If you don't make cuff themselves (only knee on the ground with hands behind their head) they can at any moment take back their gun and shoot at you again.

Last edited by Explosif.be: 12-13-2011 at 12:37 AM.
Explosif.be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:13 AM   #6
MN121MN

Use the search button. This has been discussed a lot on the forum.
MN121MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:59 AM   #7
Mr. Someguy

Also note that as of Patch 3, Cops can feign surrender (hopefully this isn't intentional). They will shout their surrender line, but will shoot anyway.

They're also significantly harder to make surrender. 90% of them will fight to the death no matter what you do.
Mr. Someguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:18 PM   #8
konuhi

Do some damage in then, them press F. They will surrender in no time, i consider you making 2 - 3 shots.
konuhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:02 PM   #9
Kopikatsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiberianPenguin View Post
you can get heavy swats to surrender by sneaking up behind them after an assault.
Que? I got one to surrender by staring straight at him. Hit him in the chest with a fully upgraded Reinback shot form across the room, which knocked him over. Spammed 'F' while he was down and he ended up surrendering.
Kopikatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:56 PM   #10
rmartinezdl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explosif.be View Post
-They won't always surrender, some will fight to the death.
-The cops or military or whatever they are on Slaughterhouse don't seem to surrender either.
-I think FBI agent can fake surrendering, they will slowly drop their gun then suddenly get up and shoot again.
Wrong I've made them surrender I will take screenshot the next time i play the game (after patch 4)
rmartinezdl is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PAYDAY The Heist