Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 09:49 AM   #1
Jancarius
 
Join Date: May 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 82
Cap on Fortify Enchant/Smithing/Alchemy

Is there a cap now on the fortify of those skills? I can't seem to make better than a 30% now.
Jancarius is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #2
Don Jaime
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Reputation: 6
Posts: 44
I thought the cap was +29% on individual pieces of gear for smithing and alchemy, granted you aren't using console commands.

*edit* Regardless, even at that % of an increase your crafting is still game-breakingly OP with the appropriate potions. It's a -must- however for crafting decent healing pots.

Last edited by Don Jaime: 12-12-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Don Jaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
Temar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Reputation: 87
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jancarius View Post
Is there a cap now on the fortify of those skills? I can't seem to make better than a 30% now.
Yes, but with crafting gear and Fortify Restoration potions and you can use a bug to get unlimited %.

1. drink Fortify Restoration potion
2. unequip crafting gear (!)
3. reequip crafting gear
4. create a better Fortify Restoration potion

5. rins and repeat until you got the percentage you want

6. create insane powerful enchantment potions
7. enchant new crafting gear
Temar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #4
keiskay2
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Reputation: 98
Posts: 1,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temar View Post
Yes, but with crafting gear and Fortify Restoration potions and you can use a bug to get unlimited %.

1. drink Fortify Restoration potion
2. unequip crafting gear (!)
3. reequip crafting gear
4. create a better Fortify Restoration potion

5. rins and repeat until you got the percentage you want

6. create insane powerful enchantment potions
7. enchant new crafting gear
there waas youtube video were a guy made healing potion that restored 1 million health and when he drank it his game crashed.
keiskay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #5
Tyrax Lightning
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Reputation: 131
Posts: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by keiskay2 View Post
there was youtube video were a guy made healing potion that restored 1 million health and when he drank it his game crashed.
No wonder! When he drank that, it probably overflowed his Character with so much vitality that it made his Character explode with that vitality like a bomb, powerful enough to blow up all of Tamriel! I bet if Aliens visit that Sector of Space now, they'll only find rubble & debree where Tamriel once stood!
Tyrax Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:02 PM   #6
sloop1138
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Reputation: 104
Posts: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrax Lightning View Post
No wonder! When he drank that, it probably overflowed his Character with so much vitality that it made his Character explode with that vitality like a bomb, powerful enough to blow up all of Tamriel! I bet if Aliens visit that Sector of Space now, they'll only find rubble & debree where Tamriel once stood!
I smell a mod for a new Restoration spell: Vitality Bomb. Basically, you make the target(most likely a companion) invincible for 10 seconds from the sheer overflow of hitpoints. At the end of the duration they explode, dealing their remaining hitpoint overflow in damage to everything in a 100 meter radius.

Good luck escaping.
sloop1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:26 PM   #7
Jancarius
 
Join Date: May 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 82
When you say fortify restoration, do you mean fortify enchantment? I wouldn't think restoration would have anything to do with the power of my enchantment/potions.
Jancarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:28 PM   #8
Clue55
 
Join Date: May 2011
Reputation: 39
Posts: 178
This is all false.. The cap is 29% for enchantments and 39% or so for enchanting potions.

Trust me I abused this bug, and there IS a cap... Unless you bug it to go past the cap it's suck there
Clue55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:51 PM   #9
Leif_Reiker
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Reputation: 22
Posts: 170
Well, don't forget there's the alchemy gauntlets as well as other apparel items that improve skills - like smithing. And if you wear the top three smith apparels and drink a potion, you can craft pretty powerful duds and pointed things in the first place.

Then get your enchanting skills fully up to 100, increase the perks to "all stars lit" and use whatever increase enchantment elixirs and goodies you have found, then you can enchant an item with up to 62 points extra power - it depends, of course, on the items you want to enchant - some take more, some less.

PS - I have some shield enchantments running at 45% plus - wear a couple or three shield enchantment items and you can increase your shield value over 100% and if you ar using capped dragonscale, you can end up pretty much the Abrams M1 of Skyrim

Last edited by Leif_Reiker: 12-12-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Leif_Reiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #10
Suspicious
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reputation: 323
Posts: 2,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jancarius View Post
When you say fortify restoration, do you mean fortify enchantment? I wouldn't think restoration would have anything to do with the power of my enchantment/potions.
A potion of Fortify Restoration will apply its bonus to all "Fortify Skill" effects on equipment that you equip after drinking it, because those effects are treated as Restoration spell effects. This means that you can drink such a potion, put on your +alchemy gear, make a stronger potion, drink it, reequip your +alchemy gear... each time, your +alchemy is treated as if were stronger, making a stronger potion. And +ridiculous alchemy lets you make really silly strong potions, like +1000% Enchantment potions or potions that let you be invisible for multiple hours (and probably days if you take it that far... but as usual, interacting with any object would cancel it).
Suspicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:01 PM   #11
PrivateCustard
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jancarius View Post
When you say fortify restoration, do you mean fortify enchantment? I wouldn't think restoration would have anything to do with the power of my enchantment/potions.
Nope, it's fortify restoration potions you want to make. I also found I got better results if I put my enchanted items back on in the order I took them off. What you do is keep making and taking ever stronger restoration potions, and when you're happy, you then make a batch of super strength smithing/enchanting potions.

I made some armour and weapons, but it was too overpowered to be fun, so I stored them in my house and went back to my old gear.

Two daedric swords, dealing 300 each, and 1100+ armour is more than enough really!
PrivateCustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:10 PM   #12
Tyrax Lightning
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Reputation: 131
Posts: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloop1138 View Post
I smell a mod for a new Restoration spell: Vitality Bomb. Basically, you make the target(most likely a companion) invincible for 10 seconds from the sheer overflow of hitpoints. At the end of the duration they explode, dealing their remaining hitpoint overflow in damage to everything in a 100 meter radius.

Good luck escaping.
Buggers on the risk! I would definitely wanna use that spell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jancarius View Post
When you say fortify restoration, do you mean fortify enchantment? I wouldn't think restoration would have anything to do with the power of my enchantment/potions.
It's a known bug. It's not intended for the Restoration Skill to be able to power up +Alchemy Skill Bonuses on Gear, but it currently can via the Fortify Restoration Potion. This creates an exploit where ya can keep making stronger & stronger Fortify Restoration Potions until ya get the desired bonus power, then use that Bonus power to create a mega-overpowered Fortify Smithing/Enchantment Potion, then use it to Smith/Enchant something completely godly overpowered. There's a Thread on this, but I don't have time to hunt it down for ya atm, as i'm supposed to be working right now... (As of the time of this Post.)
Tyrax Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:13 PM   #13
Temar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Reputation: 87
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clue55 View Post
This is all false.. The cap is 29% for enchantments and 39% or so for enchanting potions.
Is it?

I don't think so.
Temar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.