Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Off Topic

Old 12-12-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
Larry1212

SWTOR Pre-Access

Anyone currently waiting for it? I'm kind of passive about it at the moment but still looking forward to it. It's a great game, enjoyed the beta weekend and loved the PvP.

What are you playing/doing while you wait?
Old 12-13-2011, 10:57 AM   #2
Warseth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry1212 View Post
Anyone currently waiting for it? I'm kind of passive about it at the moment but still looking forward to it. It's a great game, enjoyed the beta weekend and loved the PvP.

What are you playing/doing while you wait?
Was BF3 ...I got my notification to play today.

My guild was one of the selected to get in Guild Early launch which is 3 days sooner.
Warseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:02 AM   #3
AsheMan

I skipped the pre-order. I'll let all the launch stuff like busy servers, overpopulated zones and such to work themselves out and then join a week or two after release.

I can say that now, but watch me buy a copy on the 20th.
AsheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:08 AM   #4
Larry1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warseth View Post
Was BF3 ...I got my notification to play today.

My guild was one of the selected to get in Guild Early launch which is 3 days sooner.
When did you pre-order? I redeemed my code on the 26th. Not gotten an invite yet. Heard some people are getting in after pre-ordering in late october!!
Larry1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:22 AM   #5
AsheMan

Quote:
When did you pre-order? I redeemed my code on the 26th. Not gotten an invite yet. Heard some people are getting in after pre-ordering in late october!!
Maybe they are tied to a guild that got the early access privileges.
AsheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:23 AM   #6
Larry1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsheMan View Post
Maybe they are tied to a guild that got the early access privileges.
I thought that too when I heard "Guilds get pre-access" but some of them apparently didn't. Pretty lame that entire guilds are getting upped ahead of the individuals but then again, they want to ensure they have a solid group of players who'll stick it out.

Oh well, i'm not really bothered by it right now. I've an exam i'm "busy" studying for this week. I shall rage after my exam is finished and i've not gotten pre-access.

Also, you don't need Origin to run SWTOR for those against it because OriginIsKewlToHate.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:31 AM   #7
Sinhealer

I have been following the release today(pretty much a retired MMo player but still like the buzz of release day).

I have read that guilds that have gotten early access does not allow all there members early access,going by what has been said it only means they will be allowed on that server when they are given early access to the game.

I have no idea if this is all true just what I have read today.

Just had a little look over at the official forums ...

quote.
Hey everyone, good morning and welcome to the first day of Early Game Access for Star Wars: The Old Republic!

We're granting access based solely on when people's pre-orders were redeemed, and we're going to be granting it in 'waves' - large batches of emails and game entitlements that will go out over the course of today (and tomorrow, and the next day, and so on).

I'll be updating this thread (and this post) as we send out more 'waves' of invites.

So far today, we have sent out two 'waves' of invites; we will be sending more later on, but I cannot be specific on timing. (Why? Because as we invite each wave, we monitor to see how servers are performing and so on. If everything is good, we'll send a 'wave' earlier; we in fact sent 'wave 2' ahead of schedule. So cross your fingers.)

Now, to the question you all have: when will you be invited? Well, I cannot be specific to individuals or even to dates, because again, we have to remain flexible. That said, I can talk a little about the pattern of pre-orders.

At the very beginning of pre-orders, which started on July 21st, we had a massive influx of pre-orders. A huge spike. After that, things settled down. As a result, today especially, you're going to see a fairly narrow band of dates from those admitted to Early Game Access. From tomorrow, it'll spread out to a wider date range.

That's about as specific as we're going to get right now. However, as we send more waves I'll update this thread/post with more information. Thanks for your patience - we know it's been a long road, but you'll be playing before too long.

Update: Wave 3 was just sent.

Update: Wave 4 was sent approximately noon CST. (Apologies for delay.)
Stephen Reid | Senior Online Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

I would imagine from "We're granting access based solely on when people's pre-orders were redeemed" Would say it is on a person to person basis.

Last edited by Sinhealer: 12-13-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Sinhealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:36 AM   #8
Larry1212

God damnit... I got in just there... I really need to study. I pre-ordered in October 2010. Redeemed my code on the 26th of July btw.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:41 AM   #9
Sinhealer

Quote:
God damnit... I got in just there... I really need to study. I pre-ordered in October 2010. Redeemed my code on the 26th of July btw.
Would make sense,they said in a prior wave that everyone that had redeemed there code on the 25th July or sooner had already gotten there email.
Sinhealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:16 PM   #10
Warseth

Quote:
I locked in pre-order the day they emailed me.

The guild program has some things to be in place to get in. Selection was pretty much guaranteed for ours. It's hard to get into too much detail since I didn't get involved on it.

Pre-orders start on 16th while selected guilds are started today.

So no clue on whats up really...

Oh our 60 members are not all going in at once though. They selected a chunk of us to go in. I got selected was my luck.

OK how do we have 60 already.... the guild is a multi mmo guild.... so these are players I met in Rift, Wow, and Age of conan. pretty big...overly nerdy organized. Look I have some nerd blood but this is just overkill nerdism =).
Old 12-13-2011, 12:24 PM   #11
Larry1212

I'd totally join a SPUF guild in SWTOR... Just sayin'. *cough*
Old 12-13-2011, 12:27 PM   #12
Warseth

Quote:
I'd totally join a SPUF guild in SWTOR... Just sayin'. *cough*
im pretty dense...what is Spuf?

Also I can get you in as a referral. Known you on these boards some time now. I trust you will represent steam trolls well. =p

http://www.the-sentinels.net/

You will need my referral name since they don't know me by Warseth.

I'll PM it.

We have so many bailing other mmos we have two divisions of the guild up. Empire and Republicwussies

So you can fall in where you want...

PM is next up with referral name.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:30 PM   #13
Larry1212

Ah, i've already rolled on the RP-PvP server with a buddy. If you guys are Republic on the EU Lord Calypso(?) server i'd be up for giving it a shot.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:35 PM   #14
Warseth

Talanerek or some weird spelling like that. Is where I have to launch. I think its RP-pvp usa.

We have plenty of EU players in the guild to.

Wouldn't hurt to get registered and IN the guild. You don't have to join them on the same server yet. Just read up on their SWTOR forums see what they are doing.

Republic I have no clue where they landed. I just know they are in the same PVP cluster so we are going to be gunning for our own on the light side. Already have Rival guilds from other games joining the same servers to.

Check it out larry it could be useful for you and your friend to tap into a resource like this for raids , grouping, or simply social pvp help.
PVP centered guild.

The whole honor thing they stick by..this is where I get in trouble. I am evil in pvp...so I get in trouble a lot for going overboard violent ... Like I will kill anyone in my path unless they move even if 20 levels under me....get off the damn road when I am on it! =)
Old 12-13-2011, 12:38 PM   #15
Larry1212

Sounds interesting. I'll keep them in mind but for now i'm going to play it solo and see if there are any guilds on my server worth joining.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Off Topic