Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Tool Discussions > Source Coding

Old 12-12-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
BakonGuy

Player animations while not holding a weapon

--
It seems the animation system the latest version of the 2007 sdk uses doesn't work when not holding a weapon. So the usual t-pose is occurring. I looked into the code for a while and it looks like it should be working correctly. So while I was playing I decided to give renaming the animations a shot, my player models all use the classic ACT_HL2MP_??? animations. Plus some custom ones with the same name style. After renaming all the ACT_MP_BLEH to my ACT_HL2MP_BLEH the running and walking animations all started working correctly. But the jumping and crouching animations are both still broken. Now, ACT_MP_JUMP and CROUCHWALK/CROUCH_IDLE are not referenced AT ALL in the animstate file anymore, but they are clearly still being sent because when I use a weapon where I haven't changed the acttables at all yet it properly converts it from ACT_MP_JUMP to ACT_HL2MP_JUMP. Is there something I'm missing deeper in the code or what? I searched for all references of the animations so I'm not sure why it's acting like it is.

Sorry for the paragraph.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:45 PM   #2
Sandern

Where exactly did you rename the jump animations?
I think you renamed the animations inside CMultiPlayerAnimState::HandleJumping, instead of in CHL2MPPlayerAnimState::HandleJumping (assuming you are using the hl2mp code as base).
Sandern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:51 PM   #3
BakonGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandern View Post
Where exactly did you rename the jump animations?
I think you renamed the animations inside CMultiPlayerAnimState::HandleJumping, instead of in CHL2MPPlayerAnimState::HandleJumping (assuming you are using the hl2mp code as base).
Ah, I did actually in fact overlook that file. It did get me a little bit closer. After changing the CHL2MPPlayerAnimState one to the new ACT the act being sent to the acttables in the weapons are correct, however it is still T-Posing when I'm not holding any weapon and crouch/jump. In other words now it's acting exactly as it was before I started modifying anything

Edit: Nvm what I said about crouching, it does in fact work without weapons now, jumping still doesn't, and I don't see any typos, I'm going to triple check.

Last edited by BakonGuy: 12-14-2011 at 03:16 PM.
BakonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:58 PM   #4
BakonGuy

Problem solved. I forgot that the default hl2:dm animations doesn't have a ACT_HL2MP_JUMP, so I just fixed it by forcing ACT_HL2MP_JUMP_SLAM when there wasn't a weapon.
BakonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Tool Discussions > Source Coding