Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare 3

Old 12-14-2011, 01:13 PM   #1
wheres_my_beard

Worst weapon in MW3

What is the out and out worst weapon in MW3 that you can freely target/ kill other players with i.e. not lock on only launchers??

I mean the hardest to handle, least accurate, and generally a total pain to use.

I don't mean what you think is a noob weapon i.e. fmg.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:15 PM   #2
RealHuhn

The Dragunov is easily the worst sniper rifle I've ever used in a COD game.
RealHuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
henryguy

I think that the cm901 is the worst. Bad accuracy compared to scar, at least I can't aim with it. And it's weak n slow firing. Basically just the bottom of the barrel.

It's one of those guns you say, eh maybe it'll work in hardcore
henryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:23 PM   #4
iLLiCiTMedia

It's hard to point at any of the SR's because even the 100+ damage SR's aren't always a OHK. Normally I would say any semi-automatic SR but since they're all a 2HKO at times I can't justify that.

Some of the SMG, SG, and machine pistols are very situational.

I'd have to say that the title goes to the Desert Eagle though.

Small clip size
Recoil animation blocks your view so the 2nd and 3rd shots, at least 1 of which is required to kill, are being blind fired

Even the MP412 is superior and it's also available sooner
iLLiCiTMedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
Ngamok

Of the SMGs the MP9 or PM-9 or whatever the one before the MP7 is. I cannot think of one assault rifle that I think is bad other than a CM901 which seems slower than the rest. But it has good accuracy compared to the AK-47 which seems to have more bounce.

LMGs definately need kick + grip. I am having a kick using the MK46 but man oh man are they slow on ADS and running with them.

Shotties are half and half. The Model 1887s are decent as is the Spas-12 but I love the Striker. Rest are meh.

I don't use sniper as I am super bad at it.

G18s are the worst machine pistol even as akimpro.
Ngamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:32 PM   #6
CLASSIFIED141

I'd have to say the MP5. I'm using it right now (trying to get Veteran challenge with every gun) and it's just atrociously bad. Even with kick it jumps around like crazy.

KSG-12 is also bad. Really, really bad.
CLASSIFIED141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:33 PM   #7
iLLiCiTMedia

I agree. I think the PM-9 is just awful. I think the P90, MP7, and the PP90M1 are usable.
iLLiCiTMedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:36 PM   #8
seriousbaker

I would say the USP .45 is the worst MW3 gun for me.
I've never been able to get a kill with it unless I shoot them or dmg them with another weapon first or if I shoot them in the back, and even then half the time they will just turn around and kill me.
seriousbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #9
HarleyFLSTF

It's a toss up for me between the Deagle and the PM-9, Deagle is hardest to use and the PM-9 is the worst by far in their respective categories.

As far as sniper rifles I am with Ngamok, I cannot rate them because I am the worst sniper EVER!
HarleyFLSTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:48 PM   #10
RedJohn

It is a toss up between Bouncing Betty and Claymores. I hate dying to those and having my killstreak snapped.
RedJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:50 PM   #11
PoIson895

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryguy View Post
I think that the cm901 is the worst. Bad accuracy compared to scar, at least I can't aim with it. And it's weak n slow firing. Basically just the bottom of the barrel.

Accuracy, LOLOLOL. It isn't like all the guns are 100% on target 100% of the time in Call of duty. I think you mean, high recoil, and a lot of general muzzle bounce. This makes two things happen. You have issues SEEING what you are shooting at, and you also have to manage recoil. I love the CM901 over a lot of the other rifles.

I would have to say the M16. There isn't anything good about it, except it works how it should when you get Kick + rapid fire, but it still isn't great. (This is coming from someone who almost exclusively used it in MW2)
PoIson895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:57 PM   #12
Qb3r7

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryguy View Post

at close range the damage to fire rate balance is your death against the other rifles and all smgs, too. thats what i figured out. its damn accurate and has close to no recoil so its best at mid-high range with sustained fire i think.
maybe ill try it with focus again, so the accuracy pwns the spam
Qb3r7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:03 PM   #13
Qb3r7

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealHuhn View Post
The Dragunov is easily the worst sniper rifle I've ever used in a COD game.
use it with kick and it becomes handy, its not so powerfull but the rate of fire and the mobility can make a powerfull assault class.
if you can handle the lowered recoil with kick you quickly kill multiple enemys with it at high range and a finger snip later youre out of the firefight again because you movement speed does not get lowered.
if you than add steady aim its a close range spam gun, too.
Qb3r7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:11 PM   #14
ARG -:{Nacho}:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoIson895 View Post
Accuracy, LOLOLOL. It isn't like all the guns are 100% on target 100% of the time in Call of duty. I think you mean, high recoil, and a lot of general muzzle bounce. This makes two things happen. You have issues SEEING what you are shooting at, and you also have to manage recoil. I love the CM901 over a lot of the other rifles.

I would have to say the M16. There isn't anything good about it, except it works how it should when you get Kick + rapid fire, but it still isn't great. (This is coming from someone who almost exclusively used it in MW2)
M16 isnt that bad. Without any attachments i had a better score that with a lot of other weapons.
ARG -:{Nacho}:- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:00 PM   #15
SnapTheMag

The CM901 definitely. Funny thing is it's the first gun I got gold camo for. But I swore I'd never use it again right after.

Outside of that, definitely the PM9, all the LMGs except the MK46 and the nerfed-beyond-belief G18. Don't get me wrong, the G18s are still better than most secondaries but they're by far the crappiest machine pistols.
SnapTheMag is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare 3