Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dungeon Defenders

Old 12-16-2011, 10:31 AM   #1
karremania

The new map and its spiders

So just ran a 12 waves on hard, with the regular mobs and these new mobs.. spiders.

I'm a huntress with a 10speed chaingun and 22reload, the moment i get hit by a cocoon (wich becomes very normal once u get wave10/11 by the huge numbers they start to attack), my shootspeed drops to something that i gues is a minus value and my reload goes basicly back to 0.

Now i dont mind a 'slow', but seeing my DPS basicly drop from 89K to a less then 10k (i hardly do 1 shot a second) is imho a bit overdone. Luckely my pet does a bit of damage to slowly wear them down, it the normal maps its the ninja's you fear for 1 shotting you.. now you both fear then and you know you will go down, you have no damage at all to even take them down.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:15 AM   #2
spartan0078

Spiders are SUPER D-BAGS!!! I appreciate the extra challenge they bring to the game, but man are they s!
spartan0078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:51 PM   #3
Darreck

Well, luckily they drop behind the lines, rather than drop with the rest of the mobs. That way I can handle them while my defenses handle the masses. Imagine if the spiders came with the masses...
Darreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:05 PM   #4
karremania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darreck View Post
Well, luckily they drop behind the lines, rather than drop with the rest of the mobs. That way I can handle them while my defenses handle the masses. Imagine if the spiders came with the masses...
At wave 12, they spawn about 2 each second, if you get hit by 1 and they have no other target, you basicly are permanently webbed. You cant move in time, you can cast powers (to use that dash ability), you cant even heal.

But the trick i found also, use monk bubbles. As they can web towers, they cant web bubbles and traps.

Just now i lost against the boss, not by the mobs or the boss, but plain by the huge ammount of spiders that i cant do anything against.

Its only that the new UMF is somewhat funny, the normal dungeon currently is a plain joke and very unlikely i'll be playing that map again. Specialy since risk vs reward wise, this map is crap for exp, only because u need to do it to unlock nightmare mode, you are forced to do it.
karremania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:02 PM   #5
ndessell

^ only use squire/mage towers for barricades and anti-air, also auto aim and high dps pets are a god send
ndessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #6
The37Monkeys

I used spiked barricades and harpoons for the waves/wyverns and covered the entire middle section with exploding traps for the spiders. The boss still sucks, has a huge amount of health and sprays those cocoons out of herself three at a time.
The37Monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:17 PM   #7
spartan0078

I only have a squire and what I do so far is, when I place my bouncers at the pinch points, I place a ballista tower pointing at the mobs to soak up damage and I also place one facing the opposite way from my choke point so they can kill the spiders before they ruin my defenses.

And yeah the boss still sucks, I refuse to try this on easy to save my honor! I can get the boss down to half health by myself but the webs overwhelm me.
spartan0078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:56 PM   #8
avidwriter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan0078 View Post
Spiders are SUPER D-BAGS!!! I appreciate the extra challenge they bring to the game, but man are they s!
Yea. When I saw what they did, I said "nope". Not looking to get this DLC anytime soon. I'm having a hard enough time trying to solo most of these maps on hard/insane and the challenges. I don't need no damn spiders making it harder.
avidwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:12 PM   #9
The37Monkeys

Quote:
7.13c
* Cut Nightmare Spider HP by 33%
* Cut Spider Damage to Towers by 40%
* Cut Spider Webbing Entrapment Time on Heroes by 60% (a bug was actually making it much longer than it should have been for radial entrapment)
* Increased Nightmare Physical Tower Damage & HP by 25%
* Fixed issue where Legendary Defender Achievement was requiring the new Achievements, is not supposed to.
* Fixed LifeStream Hollow Uber Monster Fest Enemy Stuckages
* Knockback upgrading issue fixed
* Increased Player Armor Resistance multiplier from 40% to 65% in Nightmare
Sounds good to me!
The37Monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dungeon Defenders