Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam Community Discussion

Old 02-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #31
andycast1234

I agree with Shado, an option like that would be most suitable for people who play free games anyway.
andycast1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #32
MinistryOvWar

Great idea bud
MinistryOvWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #33
vempajor

Totally agree with OP, except not only the F2P games but also the free games should remain in our Libraries once we played them or if we could select them to stay.

As I don't want to lose em I keep all of the free and f2p games installed, but they takes lots of HD space away. And the new f2p games keep getting bigger and bigger in size.
--> I can install only some paid games cause the lots of free games, heh...

And an other thing. I paid for PC Gamer Digital Episode 1. I bought it and still when I uninstall the PC Gamer from my library it is totally removed like the free games! And to be this more nice, I cannot even keep it installed like I do with the free ones, as it is redownloading itself (3+ GB) every time at Steam restart. (see details about the bug here)
vempajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #34
Art.

I Agree
Art. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #35
NoBridges

Banned
Install them and whoop-de-doo, you have your free games in your lib. Permanently adding them to your lib just by playing them once is a horrible idea. I still have that totally useless Spiral Knight junk in my inventory and no way to remove it.
NoBridges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:53 PM   #36
zeebawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by shado028 View Post
Since people will complain about this, how about a "Free" option in the same place that you find the current "All Games/Recently Played/Installed/Favourites/Media/Tools/Downloads" section. I'd be content with that. (I guess they'd also show up under "All Games")
This.

I don't want them in my library, and I don't want to have to manually remove them.

But I would be fine with this suggestion (Without the All Games part unless they are installed)
zeebawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:38 AM   #37
Kendo

Banned
no, I wouldnt want a huge list of games Id never play.
Kendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:03 AM   #38
JupiterSWarrior

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShard25 View Post
Looking through the Steam Store for Free-to-Play games is such a hassle for you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by seten View Post
... and I for one wouldn't like my library clogged with games I'll never play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musaranho View Post
I don't wanna dozens of free games that I'll never play showing in my Library.
Quote:
Originally Posted by usb_connector View Post
I don't want my library cluttered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendo View Post
no, I wouldnt want a huge list of games Id never play.
Pretty much the above quotes reflects exactly how I feel about this. However, once installed, I don't mind (Star Trek Online comes to mind, but I had bought that before it became free to play...).
JupiterSWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #39
Fake Sketch

I agree as well.
Fake Sketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #40
hiro928

yeah it would be nice if they issued kind of like a cloud installation, so you could play it from anywhere as long as you logged into your account, but imagine what that hard drive size would have to be for their servers, lol
hiro928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #41
corinarh2

Banned
yes 5/5 topic
corinarh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #42
ShadowolfIncubi

It took me FOREVER to remember the games The Cat and Coup by title, and that the game Coil even existed at all. I would really like a feature to add Free to Play games to the library as well.
ShadowolfIncubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:28 AM   #43
Animekendo1000

Problem I have with free to play games is you don't own them. They don't appear on your games list, or whatever. The price should be $0.00 and we should be able to "buy" the games. But of course for some reason Valve doesn't think that's a good way to do it, I own only technically one game on Steam. But this is why, none of the free to play games we can download appear in our library. It's ridiculous. I can assure Valve that if the free to play games we actually owned/appeared in our library for us to redownload, I would own a lot more Steam games. This is my biggest problem with Steam and this is why I barely even use Steam at all. I got most of my 14 PC games from other DD services. This is exactly why.

Last edited by Animekendo1000: 05-01-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Animekendo1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:01 PM   #44
Anon7554

I disagree. I prefer only seeing the games that I have physically aquired either through buying them or adding them. It would feel wrong if games I didn't want on there were on there. It would feel like advertising, and I hate pop-ups enough as it is.
Anon7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:22 PM   #45
Gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animekendo1000 View Post
Problem I have with free to play games is you don't own them. They don't appear on your games list, or whatever. The price should be $0.00 and we should be able to "buy" the games. But of course for some reason Valve doesn't think that's a good way to do it, I own only technically one game on Steam. But this is why, none of the free to play games we can download appear in our library. It's ridiculous. I can assure Valve that if the free to play games we actually owned/appeared in our library for us to redownload, I would own a lot more Steam games. This is my biggest problem with Steam and this is why I barely even use Steam at all. I got most of my 14 PC games from other DD services. This is exactly why.
Agreed, this it isn't gonna work bud, I preffer finding it through the store.
Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam Community Discussion