Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Atom Zombie Smasher

Old 12-17-2011, 08:08 PM   #1
xenoxpcp

Is there sth. wrong with the newest achievement

Today this game updated and add new achievement:KringleJammer.
I played it 30+ times and at last defeat wave 7,but didn't display the achievement unlocked Pop-up tab.
Then I found it unlocked in Library Page,but doesn't unlocked in achievement stats page and doesn't display in my history page.

It looks like just unlocked in local,but didn't update the data in server.
Does any one have same problem with me?
Old 12-17-2011, 08:15 PM   #2
Perducci

Yeah same here. Seems like that's what is happening right now. Not sure if that's because the update just went out and right now they were just doing a test version of it, or if there is something else wrong. I know Beat Hazard had an achievement and the devs said that they were just testing it so it wouldn't count until the final release was pushed.

Guess we'll just have to wait and find out.

EDIT: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...&postcount=582

Looks like you just need to start up a regular campaign mission and then everything will register. Try that and see what happens.

Last edited by Perducci: 12-17-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Perducci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:20 PM   #3
xenoxpcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perducci View Post
Yeah same here. Seems like that's what is happening right now. Not sure if that's because the update just went out and right now they were just doing a test version of it, or if there is something else wrong. I know Beat Hazard had an achievement and the devs said that they were just testing it so it wouldn't count until the final release was pushed.

Guess we'll just have to wait and find out.

EDIT: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...&postcount=582

Looks like you just need to start up a regular campaign mission and then everything will register. Try that and see what happens.
Oh, yes, it works!
Thank you very much.
xenoxpcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:09 AM   #4
woko

The Christmas achievement did not unlock for me. However, your tip worked for the achievement called "Long November".

And I don't get how you can get the kringle bomb: I try to hover over the icon and sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't.
woko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:32 AM   #5
Razunter

Mission too hard.
Razunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:41 AM   #6
Mytharox

I did the mission but it just didn't unlock for me. The tip posted also didn't help me out.
Mytharox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:13 AM   #7
Xealot42

Just got to wave 13 on my first try. Had to start a normal campaign and finish the first mission to get the achievement to pop.

Some tips:

- Control the speed of the game with the + and - keys. But note that the kringle bomb pickups are not affected by this setting so you will need to speed the game up in order to catch them. The line coming out of the bottom of your helicopter needs to intersect the bomb to pick it up.

- Try to save all of your kringle bombs for the large zeds that are not harmed by bullets.

- The machine gun works best when shooting at enemies inside the circle around your helicopter. Just sweep the mouse cursor over groups of enemies to shoot them.
Xealot42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:38 AM   #8
TubeSockWarrior

Well I can confirm at least for me the achievement does NOT work. I have gone through the thing TWICE and it never popped up. Not even after going into a normal campaign. So... yeah. I'm really annoyed.
TubeSockWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:16 AM   #9
sp1ndoctor

Yea the achievement didn't pop up for me when I finished the 7th wave. Had to start a campaign (short, casual) and sped it up to 300% to finish the map inside a minute or so. Then the achievement popped up.
sp1ndoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:44 PM   #10
xarabas

Anybody got a savegame for this or some kind of mod? Its just too damn hard :/
xarabas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:37 PM   #11
Steppenw0lf

Banned
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by xarabas View Post
Anybody got a savegame for this or some kind of mod? Its just too damn hard :/
As you can't save in this mod (when going out with Quit & Save and then clicking on Contiune Campaign it starts a standard one ... at least for me) you have to beat it yourself.

The tip of slowing down the speed helps a lot. Another thing to make it a bit easier is to let the survivors be reduced by zombies in the first two waves to have later less people to protect.
Steppenw0lf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:54 PM   #12
The_Thing

Confirmed: The achievement pops up in the Steam overlay after beating the 7th wave, then beating a level in a new campaign.

Note: Getting the achievement and exiting the game will only show in "Recent Achievements" and not your actual list of personal achievements.
The_Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:41 AM   #13
woko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xealot42 View Post
Just got to wave 13 on my first try. Had to start a normal campaign and finish the first mission to get the achievement to pop.

Some tips:

- Control the speed of the game with the + and - keys. But note that the kringle bomb pickups are not affected by this setting so you will need to speed the game up in order to catch them. The line coming out of the bottom of your helicopter needs to intersect the bomb to pick it up.

- Try to save all of your kringle bombs for the large zeds that are not harmed by bullets.

- The machine gun works best when shooting at enemies inside the circle around your helicopter. Just sweep the mouse cursor over groups of enemies to shoot them.
Thanks, I beat wave 9 and started another campaign and did one mission, and it unlocked!
woko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:09 PM   #14
Brendon Chung

Blendo Games
Hey all,

I just uploaded a new Atom Zombie Smasher update. It should fix this problem of the achievement not updating correctly.

The update is now live. Please let me know if the achievement is not being displayed correctly. Thanks!
Brendon Chung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:17 PM   #15
Scorcher24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendon Chung View Post
Hey all,

I just uploaded a new Atom Zombie Smasher update. It should fix this problem of the achievement not updating correctly.

The update is now live. Please let me know if the achievement is not being displayed correctly. Thanks!
Do I need to swap around the .exe files again for not getting the BSOD?
Btw, are you gonna adress that at all?
Scorcher24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Atom Zombie Smasher