Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Gundemonium Collection

Old 12-18-2011, 01:43 AM   #1
Naity

A few questions regarding the games

Hi all,

I am what one could call a awefuly bad Bullet Hell player. I like it however (maybe by masochism). I still have a few questions regarding the Gundaemonium and Hitogata Happa:

Gundaemonium: I never managed so far to finish the game, even on easy difficulty. I wanted to know if there was a way to unlock continues? I was also wondering what was the influence of the Phase level on the gameplay?

Hitogata Happa: I think I am missing the point of that one. I start a game, bind a doll transformation key, play, can die an infinite ammount of time (the very slow movement of the doll while shooting do not help), collect bombs which I am unable to throw, face a boss with a load amount of life, around one third, a countdown goe to zero, i have no more infinite life and he just thrown a wall of bullet that kills me - game over. I did it couple time, I always die at the boss, I never manage to change the doll nor to throw bombs. What could I be doing wrong?

GundeadliGne: I found it much easier than the other ones. Not much to ask about this one, I managed to finish it in both easy and normal, make a run without using a continue and finish it with the 3 chars (the hidden one was aweful to manipulate but it still was fun ^^).
Old 12-18-2011, 02:06 AM   #2
GirlPower23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naity View Post
Hi all,

I am what one could call a awefuly bad Bullet Hell player. I like it however (maybe by masochism). I still have a few questions regarding the Gundaemonium and Hitogata Happa:

Gundaemonium: I never managed so far to finish the game, even on easy difficulty. I wanted to know if there was a way to unlock continues? I was also wondering what was the influence of the Phase level on the gameplay?
Phase Levels are how difficult the game gets, the higher it gets the more difficult enemies become. It goes up every time you kill a boss, as well as other feats. I believe gun overheats and a successful counter bomb raises the level. As for continuing? Just continue from the main menu...

Quote:
Hitogata Happa: I think I am missing the point of that one. I start a game, bind a doll transformation key, play, can die an infinite ammount of time (the very slow movement of the doll while shooting do not help), collect bombs which I am unable to throw, face a boss with a load amount of life, around one third, a countdown goe to zero, i have no more infinite life and he just thrown a wall of bullet that kills me - game over. I did it couple time, I always die at the boss, I never manage to change the doll nor to throw bombs. What could I be doing wrong?
The game doesn't explain itself very well but your doll is the bomb. Once you get "Bomb" bar charged you can detonate on a bosses weak points. The first boss it's his arms first and then when his shield drops it becomes his head. You just need to ram the doll into these parts.
GirlPower23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:12 AM   #3
kurusai

I see that GirlPower beat me to it, but I'm posting anyway.

Quote:
You continue from the main menu for some reason. It restarts from the beginning of the level though.

Quote:
You can't change dolls during the first level. After you finish the first level you buy dolls with the crystals you pick up and can change what doll is next that way.
Bombs don't work the way you would expect. There's the mana action like in the other games which does something, but the actual bombs are used by ramming enemies when your gauge is full. If you die more spectacularly than usual, you know it worked.
It's also worth mentioning that the bosses have a time limit which, when it runs out, causes the boss to go into a high-power mode that spams bullets at you and causes you to lose automatically if you get hit. Destroying bits of bosses gives you more time. As a hint for the first level, the starting doll's shots are really too weak for fighting the boss, but her bomb attack works just fine.
kurusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:08 AM   #4
Naity

Oh, i think I get it now, Im gonna try this suicidal bombing , could be fun.

About the continue, I mean in game continue because starting the last level over again brings me nothing (There is some paterns I just fail to understand and I am unable to pass the last level in one sitting)

Thanks a lot for the answers
Naity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:07 PM   #5
Naity

Oh, i forgoted: In gundaemonium, there is a few achievments related to demonic shifts and 64 Earl types. What are those two thigs?
Old 12-18-2011, 02:29 PM   #6
Sobol14

Quote:
Oh, i forgoted: In gundaemonium, there is a few achievments related to demonic shifts and 64 Earl types. What are those two thigs?
Demonic Shift is special ability which makes instant phase level 11 and costs one life and some mana and will be active until mana gauge runs out. It can be used to actually lower the phase level (it can get higher than that on Unlimited difficulty), it will give you more score (which in turn can give you lives faster), Eryth's rapid shot won't overheat the guns while in this mode (you can kill bosses and enemies faster and so on).

Earl is the second playable character which can have up to 64 different variations. She has 4 different regular attacks, 4 mana attacks and 4 bombs which you can usein any combination you want.
For the achievement you have to complete the game with all the possible combinations (warning, it will be very time consuming).
Sobol14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:16 AM   #7
Naity

Ok, then the earl types is not for me i think. Beside I was looking for the Demonic Shift ability but didn"t found it. Who has it / how to get it?

\Thanks
Old 12-19-2011, 01:31 PM   #8
Miraglyth

Press the mana and bomb buttons at the same time, or map a button to specifically be demonic shift.

Don't expect to be needing to use it any time soon, and especially not to lower the phase level. If you get to unlimited at all you'll probably find it to be the most useful to avoid taking a hit against the early Elixirel forms (on unlimited she seems little different between phase levels 3 and 11, so you can use DS to clear all the bullets to save yourself from taking a hit, then cancel it later to clear them again to avoid another one. Meanwhile because the score has increased so much faster you'll probably get the life you spent back.)
Miraglyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:50 PM   #9
Keksus

Hitogata Happa takes some time to get used to. Suicide in a bullet hell game just seems... wrong. And it makes it hard because you still use a life that way... but on the other hand you have to do it or you will lose.
Keksus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:55 PM   #10
Naity

Actually I found Hitoga Happa quite fun that way. I managed to dig m way through the last transformation of the Boss in Gdansk (where I lost because of this system, i was missing one or two dolls to deliver the killing blow).

@Miraglyth: I suppose I wont be needing it any soon, just I like to know what are the gameplay possibilities offered by the game. This one is not really self explaining (beside shoot and dodge). A Help screen with the gameplays move (like in old DOS games) could be of use. I tried the demonic shift on the first level but it didnt seem to work :/
Old 12-20-2011, 03:39 AM   #11
Miraglyth

Quote:
just I like to know what are the gameplay possibilities offered by the game.
In that case: When you beat the game from start to finish in one run (or use a trick) you unlock Demonic Challenge where you can individually take on the normal game's 40 bosses at phase level 11 without bombs and with only 1 life.

Nearly completing that unlocks Matrix Orders where you can individually take on six all-new bosses and the normal game's secret boss... all at phase level 11 without bombs and with only 1 life...

And if you get through that (which only a handful have, most of which Japanese veterans of the game's older version) you get a mode which is a randomised series of 25 sub-areas followed by another all-new boss. And yes, at phase level 11.

So the game has a lot of possibilities. If you can play at phase level 11.

Quote:
I tried the demonic shift on the first level but it didnt seem to work :/
It doesn't work in Novice or Revised; both those have caps on the phase level which demonic is much higher than.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:24 AM   #12
KawaiiSara

XSEED Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraglyth View Post
And if you get through that (which only a handful have, most of which Japanese veterans of the game's older version) you get a mode which is a randomised series of 25 sub-areas followed by another all-new boss. And yes, at phase level 11.
?
Um... Ain Soph Aur plays in Unlimited difficulty, not Demonic. You're not fixed at Phase Level 11. If you were, then it really would be hell, but no, it's just tough. (Plus you do have bombs and everything available there, which was implied but not said.)

Quote:
It doesn't work in Novice or Revised; both those have caps on the phase level which demonic is much higher than.
It does work in Revised, just not Novice. I'll also add that while Demonic Shift costs a life, you won't lose another life if you get hit while it's active. That fact has some (limited) utility even on its own.

Last edited by KawaiiSara: 12-20-2011 at 04:27 AM.
KawaiiSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:10 AM   #13
peroim_feld

As Sara pointed out, Ain Soph Aur isn't as hellish as described. Here's how it works:

- You start at Phase 7, and it follows the same rules as Unlimited;
- Stages A-Q are randomly generated, though some enemies will only start appearing at later stages;
- If you time-out in any stage, you get an automatic game over;
- At stages {C,G,K,O,R,W} you have to fight a Matrix (always in the same order, so you can prepare); they're slightly affected by your Phase level;
- During stages S-V, you have to fight the stages D bosses from the main game (with the exception of 4D, which is replaced by Phaser);

It isn't as tough as it looks, as you'll have plenty of experience fighting all those bosses by the time you unlock it, and once you realise their "weak points", they get unbelievably easy (relatively speaking, of course).

If you reach stage X, you finally get to fight the last boss, which is, basically, an upgraded version of the Matrixes you fought so far. Her first two stages are quite easy, but the last one is arguably the hardest one in the game. This form is imune to any time hax (like Daath Whisper), and even has some fiendish "tricks" to break your focus.
peroim_feld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:30 AM   #14
Miraglyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaiiSara View Post
? Um... Ain Soph Aur plays in Unlimited difficulty, not Demonic. You're not fixed at Phase Level 11.
Ah, my apologies. Since it's a game mode I'll likely never qualify to experience, I was going by what I had watched of videos which do start at 7, but still look ludicrously tough.

Quote:
(Plus you do have bombs and everything available there, which was implied but not said.)
Clearly I'm trying to be my typically negative self, so surely if you lacked bombs or lives I'd have mentioned that :P

Quote:
It does work in Revised, just not Novice. I'll also add that while Demonic Shift costs a life, you won't lose another life if you get hit while it's active. That fact has some (limited) utility even on its own.
My bad again. The hit safety means one DS utility is to effectively delay a hit when up against something that's going to hit your puny human reflexes sooner or later anyway. Just be aware of when your mana will run out so you don't lose DS unexpectedly and then take a hit which will cost the second life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peroim_feld View Post
As Sara pointed out, Ain Soph Aur isn't as hellish as described ... the last boss, which is, basically, an upgraded version of the Matrixes you fought so far. Her first two stages are quite easy, but the last one is arguably the hardest one in the game.
While we're calling things out. How is the hardest thing in this game not hellish?
Old 12-22-2011, 02:52 AM   #15
peroim_feld

Quote:
How is the hardest thing in this game not hellish?
Well, she is the True Final Boss, so it would be wierd if she wasn't insanely OP. That said, reaching her is only slightly more difficult than 1CC'ing Unlimited, and definitely far easier than Demonic.
peroim_feld is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Gundemonium Collection