Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare 3

Old 12-19-2011, 10:48 AM   #1
Da9L

Recon Drone - Whats their purpose?

So i've been thinking about this since i tried it out the first time.. What is the meaning of the Recon Drone ? Why not just use a UAV which is far more usefull?

Using a Recon Drone means you would have to control the drone and therefore unable to control your character while using the Recon drone.. With a UAV you can run around while knowing where the enemy is

Also using a Recon drone you will have to manually tag every enemy player to get the same effect as an UAV..

But why not just use UAV then? It requires less kills.. But maybe there is something i missed, whcih you could tell me

Thanks!
Old 12-19-2011, 10:52 AM   #2
Gilgamar

People who use Assassin don't show on UAVs...but that's pretty much everything I can think of that justifies the Drone.
You get points if a marked enemy gets killed, but not very much.
Gilgamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:15 AM   #3
totalitaer

Also when you are tagged you get a "flash" effect. It's actually quite significant and annoying. Although compared to the advanced UAV it is kinda crap. You usually only get to tag around 3-5 people before it is shot down, and the AUAV almost always does better than that.
totalitaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:27 AM   #4
EliteRawruss

Banned
why can't recon drones assist count with hardline pro considering it's just support and not really overpowered
EliteRawruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:49 AM   #5
seriousbaker

Wink

Theres a few things the Recon Drone can be used for.

Of course its used for tagging enemies which can get pts racking up rly fast if you can find large concentrations of enemies (ie. tag them all, then find where there all spawning and tag again)

You can use the Recon Drone to set off players bouncing betties (which can be helpful in s&d and HC modes but, is mainly just for fun since going prone is much faster and easier)

Also IMO its fun to fly it into people faces, especially when theres someone camping in a window and you fly it through the window into there face.

seriousbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:38 PM   #6
SCR.eVAC

It really feels like it would be useful with a controller, but using a keyboard/mouse I gave up on it after about 5-6 goes lol.
SCR.eVAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:45 PM   #7
RedJohn

It's to bad they didn't also put a grenade launcher thing on it like the assault drone or a rocket with a longer firing delay so you could also fire once in a while for some offensive support between tagging enemies.
RedJohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare 3