Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > World in Conflict

Old 12-19-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
BF2Fan

Only open Soviet Assault, not world in conflict edition!!!

Okay, so I just purchased the reduced price of World in Conflict.

However, whenever I open it I get sent to the soviet assault expansion pack.

I don't want to play soviet assault, I want to play normal WIC. WTF STEAM!
Old 12-19-2011, 05:44 PM   #2
BBQsauce1

fyi

This game sucks but here is info you may find interesting.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2010-IAFZ-6420

Quote:
World in Conflict and Soviet Assault installation

World in Conflict and the Soviet Assault expansion share the same game files and folder. you will see the Soviet Assault game menu when launching either game. However, you will still be able to access all World in Conflict levels from this menu.
After installing Soviet Assault, starting a new game will allow you to play a campaign that includes the original levels, with the Soviet Assault levels mixed in where applicable.
Previously existing saved games will continue to play through the orignal campaign, without the Soviet Assault levels included.
If you wish to start a new campaign that does not include the Soviet Assault levels, you will need to rename the file assault.dat found in the folder: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\world in conflict\ (default location) and then restart the game.
BBQsauce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:04 PM   #3
BF2Fan

this game does suck. I played the WIC demo awhile and i liked it. but this soviet assault is a POS and boring.

Why did I waste $13 dollar on this. How can steam get away with this? If I buy WIC, I expect to play WIC. Not some crappy expansion back. I want my MONEY BACK. I can just call my credit card company and they'll reverse it.
BF2Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:17 AM   #4
driscoll42

Jeez, do a little research first before overreacting.

To play "normal" game just launch World in Conflict. To play "normal" game + Russian missions launch WiC: Soviet Assault.

If you open Soviet Assault the Russian missions are just integrated into the normal game.
driscoll42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:08 AM   #5
One Drone

I am having the same issue. Played the demo and liked the game. Bought the pack which included WiC and the Soviet expansion pack but whenever I launch the WiC (not the expansion) in either Steam or the desktop it always opens the expansion. Pretty silly really.

Discovered: If you have the expansion pack and play from the beginning, the games will play in chronological order both soviet and U.S.

Last edited by One Drone: 12-28-2011 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Reply to my own post
One Drone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:11 AM   #6
kara_bulut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BF2Fan View Post
Why did I waste $13 dollar on this. How can steam get away with this? If I buy WIC, I expect to play WIC. Not some crappy expansion back. I want my MONEY BACK. I can just call my credit card company and they'll reverse it.
That can get you in serious trouble from getting your account banned to jail time for frauding.
kara_bulut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #7
Herodotus07

The EP "Soviet Assault" was released to work it's way into the main game. I know - I had the main game then bought the EP. It did not so much as "add" but "merge" with the main game.
When you play "Soviet Assault" now, you are playing the full original game with the new missions included.
Therefore the game is longer, with both sides represented in the storyline (which is the same). The title is what the game is, with just an addition "SA".
Anyway it's the MP where the game really rocks, and unfortuanetly the EP by iteself when released just offered nothing of substance for that.
The bundle at this price is a gift, and any respectable RTS/RTT fan should have it in their library.
I have the orginal and EP and bought the pack again on Steam for this (or less at another sale) price. Can't go wrong as it's still one of the best RTT games in town.
Herodotus07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > World in Conflict