Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls III

Old 12-19-2011, 08:45 PM   #1
Derek4Real412

Sooo...Morrowind Overhaul – Sounds & Graphics 2.0

Was finally released today. Here is a link to the site.

http://morrowindoverhaul.rpgitalia.net/

If you ever thought of buying or replaying this amazing game. Now would be the time. MGSO 2.0 is absolutely amazing.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:14 AM   #2
Dealwithit07

Banned
Out of curiosity is the one that is downloaded into parts on the main page up to date and don't need to download patches 1.1-.3
Dealwithit07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:36 AM   #3
Derek4Real412

Yes sir. The one in parts on the main page is 2.0.
Derek4Real412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:55 AM   #4
Rainmaker77

Wow, I just purchased Morrowind today with the intent to mod it a little. To see that this has come out the very same day is chilling to say the least!
Rainmaker77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:52 AM   #5
Derek4Real412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainmaker77 View Post
Wow, I just purchased Morrowind today with the intent to mod it a little. To see that this has come out the very same day is chilling to say the least!
Awww man nice. Enjoy it man.
Derek4Real412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:45 AM   #6
Oooska

Has anyone managed to get the overhaul to work without compromising security by disabling UAC? I've tried running as admin, giving all users read/write access to the Morrowind folder and even moving the location of the Morrowind folder to my users directory via junctions, but the game complains about being unable to create shaders if UAC is enabled.

*Edit: Finally got it working with UAC still enabled (third time was the charm). I'm still not sure exactly what I did wrong the first two times, but these are the steps I took to resolve the issue under Win7.

Quote:
Do a clean install of Morrowind through Steam.

Disable Steam community in game (right click on Morrowind in Steam -> properties, uncheck the box)

Go to the installation directory (../Steam/steamapps/common/morrowind). Check "Run this program as an administrator" in properties for both Morrowind.exe and Morrowind Launcher.exe.

Right click on the Morrowind installation folder, click on Properties -> Security -> Edit..... choose the Users group at the top, and check the allow full control checkmark. Apply. (This step may or may not be neccesary).

Run Morrowind once and exit.

Run MGSO20Installer.exe as administrator. Follow the prompts.

Cross your fingers and run the game.

Last edited by Oooska: 12-21-2011 at 02:56 AM.
Oooska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:35 AM   #7
sfaxtis

I just play overhaul for about a week,1.3 version and its great

in 2 version even in the highest setting

less grass
less trees
different and inferior interiors decoration(eg carpets on the walls)
worse lightning and colours,dont like most new shaders

performance
In 1.3 I get the same fps with far greater detail, the automatic mgegui configuration isnt really good

shame because the new installer is great and easy
--------------------------------------------
new users dont get me wrong
still this version is great compared to vanilla morrowind
and its definitely the choice for those who dont know enough things about computers and graphics
sfaxtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:39 AM   #8
sfaxtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oooska View Post

*Edit: Finally got it working with UAC still enabled (third time was the charm). I'm still not sure exactly what I did wrong the first two times, but these are the steps I took to resolve the issue under Win7.
you dont have to disable uac if morrowind/steam isnt installed
in program files

though the morrowind exe & launcher & mgegui should be set to run
as admin during the installation-but not afterwards
sfaxtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:18 AM   #9
kkunderwood

While I wait for the majority of the Skyrim issues to be resolved, I still play Morrowind and Oblivion. I just did a clean Morrowind install, added MGSO 2.0, what an amazing change to Morrowind! Go into a town and you can hear children's voices. In the country side you will hear owl hoots and other sound effects. The graphics defy any written words!
kkunderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:01 PM   #10
Freth

Morrowind Overhaul looks great! I installed it myself a bit ago and already I'm getting immersed in it. They did a great job bringing everything together. It breathes new life into Morrowind. Tip: Install this on a fresh copy of Morrowind and make sure you turn off updates for the game in Steam and then exit Steam before install.
Freth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:04 AM   #11
surfa93

Exclamation Please Help a Moding Noob!!!!!!!

ok so ive downloaded the four parts of Morrowind Overhaul – Sounds & Graphics 2.0 but how do i extract and install them????, im sure its a simple process but my nut sized brain is about do explode. Ive read the install guide on the site and dowloaded all the requirments he listed

 Visual C++ 2008 (English version)
 .NET Framework 2.0 (This may be a part of your system since you bought it, but a check is worth it)
 .NET Framework 4.0 (Required for the Options program to work properly)
 Java Runtime Envoriment (Required for the Auto-Updater to work properly)

ive tried extracting with the java i dowloaded but that did not help, what am i doing wrong??? where do i find the This SFX (Self Extractor) and the MGSO20Installer.exe needed to install the mod, pls help me steam community im so confussed and frustrated..

P.S i know i can handle the mod my p.c handles skyrim perfectly highest graphics no prob so its just my nooby modding abiliity

P.S.S pls help me im a moding noob.
surfa93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:57 AM   #12
hayali_icraat

Download 7-zip, install, be sure to add shell extensions while installing, right click the first and choose "7zip -> extract here" from the menu.
hayali_icraat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:14 PM   #13
surfa93

THANK YOU : )

Thank you so much for helping a modding noob such as myself, beleive me it would have taken me years perhaps decades to figure out.

Thanks again so much
surfa93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:22 AM   #14
rtor

Okay, I'm having problems. I have it installed and when I start the game, I get this:

http://i.imgur.com/0tJnm.png

Even if I get to the main menu, the game crashes right when I press New Game.

What's going on?

EDIT: Now I don't get the error screen anymore, I can get to the main menu just fine. It still crashes when I press New Game.

MORE EDIT: I got it fixed. Make sure you do this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freth View Post
Tip: Install this on a fresh copy of Morrowind and make sure you turn off updates for the game in Steam and then exit Steam before install.
And this:

Quote:
Do a clean install of Morrowind through Steam.

Disable Steam community in game (right click on Morrowind in Steam -> properties, uncheck the box)

Go to the installation directory (../Steam/steamapps/common/morrowind). Check "Run this program as an administrator" in properties for both Morrowind.exe and Morrowind Launcher.exe.

Right click on the Morrowind installation folder, click on Properties -> Security -> Edit..... choose the Users group at the top, and check the allow full control checkmark. Apply. (This step may or may not be neccesary).

Run Morrowind once and exit.

Run MGSO20Installer.exe as administrator. Follow the prompts.

Cross your fingers and run the game.
The unnecessary part is truly unnecessary. Those helped me fix the error message. However, it still crashes when I press New Game. Windows 7 is guilty for it. Add Morrowind.exe AND the launcher to the DEP exception list (google it), or alternatively, disable it alltogether, although I wouldn't do it. After that, the game should work just fine.

Last edited by rtor: 12-25-2011 at 09:37 AM.
rtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:57 AM   #15
oceanclub

Would appreciate if anyone can figure out why I'm getting the following installation error related to mgefuncs.dll.

I've tried installing Morrowind Overhaul with a fresh Steam install of Morrowind that's been launched once.

All works fine til I get to distant land generation. Then I get the following error:

Quote:
A fatal error occurred creating the landscape meshes. Distant land setup cannot continue.

Unable to load DLL 'MGE3/MGEfuncs.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
When I check the folder morrowind/mge3, there _is_ a file MGEfuncs.dll there. Does the installation need to register this DLL, and that is not happening?

There's also a crash dump as follows:

Quote:
System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'MGE3/MGEfuncs.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at MGEgui.NativeMethods.TessellateLandscape(String file_path, Single[] height_data, UInt32 data_height, UInt32 data_width, Single top, Single left, Single bottom, Single right, Single error_tolerance)
at MGEgui.DistantLand.DistantLandForm.GenerateWorldMe sh(Int32 detail, String path)
at MGEgui.DistantLand.DistantLandForm.workerCreateMes hes(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(Do WorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThrea dStart(Object argument)
P.
oceanclub is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls III