Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Demigod

Old 12-20-2011, 04:13 PM   #1
Reynbow

Stardock Account Registration?

Just finished downloading the game.

When I start it up a white window appear asking for my stardock account. I don't have one.

I click create a new account.
Enter in all the details.

Once I click "Create" nothing happens. The buttons clicks but the window just stays there. Nothing changes, it doesn't appear to be loading or anything. I've closed it and tried again, but nothing happens.

What can I do?

EDIT: I just went to their website and registered an account. (the sign up window the game comes with wasn't telling me that my password was too short, however the website did)

Now I have another issue. I'm trying to login to my stardock account to register the game.
I put my email and password in and the serial number and I'm just getting a "loading" ring. Once again nothing seems to be happening, it's just sitting there "loading" something...

Here's a screenshot of what I'm stuck at: http://i.imgur.com/nIgT6.jpg
(I've blurred my serial for obvious reasons)

Last edited by Reynbow: 12-20-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:33 AM   #2
3vilTwin1

I'm not sure what to say from this, but my registration evidently just got me into their forums. http://forums.demigodthegame.com/

Can you play in multiplayer mode? If so, it seems that you're pretty well good to go. Can you post in their forums?

If you can't, let me know and I can post there on your behalf and ask someone to assist you.
3vilTwin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:07 PM   #3
Reynbow

Uhh, I haven't even seen the menu to the game yet. I can't get past this "Stardock Account Redistration" screen.

That's all I have seen of the game so far.
Reynbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #4
3vilTwin1

I saw your post over there, so I won't make a duplicate. I hope someone comes along and helps soon. If not, you can open a support ticket.
3vilTwin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
Reynbow

Yeah, I've submitted tickets through steam (I don't think they will do anything) and Stardock. Neither of which I've heard anything from...
Reynbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:49 PM   #6
PurdyDot

not sure if this will help you guys out or not, but i just got done dealing with the stardock registration app while trying to get sins of a solar empire up and running for my buddy and i. anyways, here's the same instructions i sent him. i don't have demigod, but i'm assuming it's got the same buggered activation app.
try making your stardock account with this link (before launching the game)
https://store.stardock.com/createaccount (other account creation links asked me for a username, which always returned an "already reserved" error)
you should get an email with an account activation link after that.
after that, go ahead and try launching the game (it will put up a cd key, click the "copy to clipboard" button.
after that it should bring up the activation window. put in your activation code (cd key) and the email and password you signed up with earlier. then try the activation button (or whatever it's called. theoretically you shouldn't have to hit the create account link since it should already have been created)
after that, the games should launch normally without the stardock activation thingy.
not sure if it'll solve anyone's problems or not, but this thread inspired me to attempt creating an account at stardock, and since that search eventually lead me to a working link i figured i thought i'd go ahead and post what ended up working for me to return the favor.
just to clarify, i tried several different links over at stardock to "create an account" but most were bugged and kept giving me errors or issues, like telling me my account was already, or that it didn't exist, or the name was reserved, or that i needed to reply to an activation email that (of course) never arrived, as well as the swirly loading thing that never completes, etc. but the link i included actually did what it was supposed to.

Last edited by PurdyDot: 12-31-2011 at 01:52 PM. Reason: saw that i'd written the same sentence twice. sorry, i'm a bit tired and spacey after dealing with stardock:P
PurdyDot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:37 AM   #7
athelasloraiel

try emailing support at stardock.
they do help.
athelasloraiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #8
Mr Dead

This thread just stopped me getting the 4-pack. I just don't need the hassle - if a game is on Steam, it shouldn't need any extra accounts, networks, logins or DRM.
Mr Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #9
demortes

Although I do not agree with the problem, I found a potential solution.

The software itself will allow a password longer than the website permits. 8 characters I think. My password was longer, but the website cut it short, where the software activation page will not limit it the same way. As such, i was typing in the wrong password because the website itself would not allow my full password to be inserted. I hope this helps.
demortes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:41 AM   #10
LionsPhil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Dead View Post
I just don't need the hassle - if a game is on Steam, it shouldn't need any extra accounts, networks, logins or DRM.
Agreed; this is keeping me from buying it too. Or playing the demo, which insists on you signing up for another account-based DRM system. For a demo. Jesus.
LionsPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #11
Melkath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Dead View Post
This thread just stopped me getting the 4-pack. I just don't need the hassle - if a game is on Steam, it shouldn't need any extra accounts, networks, logins or DRM.
Good choice. While I think demigod is a pretty outstanding game (DEFINITELY for less than 3 dollars from the steam sale) their registration is just stupid. Upload a file to download a file to place to get into the game, then when you click multiplayer they tell you you dont have an account.

A good game heavily tainted by stupid levels of work.
Melkath is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Demigod