Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Defy Gravity Extended

Old 12-21-2011, 11:47 PM   #1
Firetaffer

It still runs even when I quit the game.

My steam character still has a green outline after quitting the game. I tried to close the process through task manager but I can't seem to find the name, I have to close steam then restart it. Is there a fix for this?
Old 12-22-2011, 02:44 AM   #2
eats

Fish Factory Games
The process is called Defy Gravity.

Also I just tested this twice, once by exiting the game normally and once by ending the process via the task manager. In both instances the green outline changed to blue immediately after I closed it.

This may have just been a fluke with steam's servers being overloaded by the sale. Can you get this bug to repeat reliably?
eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:08 PM   #3
Firetaffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eats View Post
The process is called Defy Gravity.

Also I just tested this twice, once by exiting the game normally and once by ending the process via the task manager. In both instances the green outline changed to blue immediately after I closed it.

This may have just been a fluke with steam's servers being overloaded by the sale. Can you get this bug to repeat reliably?
Yes! It's happened on multiple occasions, even an hour before this message. The Defy Gravity process is no where to be found (At least when I press 'D' in task manager to search for it).
Firetaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:09 PM   #4
eats

Fish Factory Games
hmmm....

The thing about this is that it's not like code in our game actually controls this. The steam overlay embeds in the game, and when the game ends Steam knows that. It is not like in our code we tell steam whether you are in game or not.

Do you have any other games that use xna? Like Terraria or Magicka?

If so does this happen with them?
Old 12-23-2011, 05:08 PM   #5
Firetaffer

In Magicka and Sequence this does not happen.

I'm running Windows Vista 32-bit.
Graphics: Nvidia 9800 GT
Memory: 3GB of Ram
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.4GHz

Here's an image: http://i.imgur.com/Gshnr.png
My DxDiag: http://www.mediafire.com/?akpc7aem1qiwma0
Old 12-25-2011, 08:06 PM   #6
eats

Fish Factory Games
ok, first off sorry for the delayed response. I have been traveling and not had good computer access.

However, I have been looking over the steamworks sdk to try and figure out a solution. I may have found something that could fix the problem but I won't be able to verify it until this coming Friday when I am back home again.

However, I think it is very possible that this is a problem on steam's side and not ours, in which case I will be unable to fix it. I won't know until I can take a better look at our code base on Friday. I will post more info then.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #7
eats

Fish Factory Games
Upon further investigation I can now say without a doubt that whatever is causing the problem is not on our side and there is literally nothing I can do to fix it.

Whenever you quit Defy Gravity it makes the proper call out to Steam telling it that Defy Gravity is shutting down and to do whatever Steam does when a game closes.

I'd like to be able to help you further but I am now 100% certain that there is nothing we can do on our side to fix this issue.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but I am at a dead end here. Even more so because I can't recreate your error on any of the test computers.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:33 PM   #8
Firetaffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eats View Post
Upon further investigation I can now say without a doubt that whatever is causing the problem is not on our side and there is literally nothing I can do to fix it.

Whenever you quit Defy Gravity it makes the proper call out to Steam telling it that Defy Gravity is shutting down and to do whatever Steam does when a game closes.

I'd like to be able to help you further but I am now 100% certain that there is nothing we can do on our side to fix this issue.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but I am at a dead end here. Even more so because I can't recreate your error on any of the test computers.
Thanks for trying, it's no problem. I guess it's just one of those rare, rare cases. It's an odd problem too.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:23 PM   #9
Firetaffer

I think the problem might have to do with my steam client rather than anything on yours or steams side. Dustforce is the second game I've ever encountered this problem with apart from Defy Gravity. It's such a weird bug.

Edit: A recent update got rid of it, I wish I could help you xD.

Last edited by Firetaffer: 01-20-2012 at 10:07 PM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Defy Gravity Extended