Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Revenge of the Titans

Old 12-23-2011, 07:34 AM   #1
Hiphoppington

Cannot do christmas achievement

However, unlike so many other games and people I'm not ing about it. This game is brutal but it never seems unfair. I'm just not a RTS kind of guy and this type of game challenges me more than others.

It's a very mechanically tight game. Grats to the developers. I'll get coal another way
Old 12-23-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
Thunderlungs

Feels so impossible. I barely survive the first yeti... Can't imagine how anyone can survive FIVE... :\ Really disheartening. I mean, I understand having achievements like this for the hardcore achievement hunters and stuff, but why this for the winter event objective? Gotta be such a slim margin of players who can possibly pull that craziness off. Seems like a really poor choice of achievement to use for the event. Could have just used, I dunno, any of the first three for that map and would have been a lot more kind to most of us... Where's the Christmas spirit?
Thunderlungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:42 AM   #3
woko

Are you kidding?

This is so easy!

The achievement you would need for the Steam gift pile would obviously be the single Yeti achievement.
woko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:59 AM   #4
Bukkithead

I managed to kill 2 without much problem, but 5 seems like it's going to be pretty tough. I expect you'll only need 1 for the objective.
Bukkithead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:52 PM   #5
Hiphoppington

Best I've managed is 3 yetis before everything just falls apart into chaos. It's actually pretty entertaining. I go back to it every few hours for another attempt, which I guess is the mark of a good game.

I just got it in some bundle, couldn't say which one. Damnit, this is why I love those bundles! I end up spending money on a handful of games I don't know anything about and always manage to find a little gem in there I was ignorant to before hand.
Hiphoppington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:06 AM   #6
princec

Puppy Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiphoppington View Post
Best I've managed is 3 yetis before everything just falls apart into chaos. It's actually pretty entertaining. I go back to it every few hours for another attempt, which I guess is the mark of a good game.

I just got it in some bundle, couldn't say which one. Damnit, this is why I love those bundles! I end up spending money on a handful of games I don't know anything about and always manage to find a little gem in there I was ignorant to before hand.
It's doable, fear not The level lasts exactly 30 minutes with the bosses coming at precise intervals.

My favourite technique is to have a nicely buffed disruptor somewhere they can't avoid, and a laser behind the base.

Cas
princec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 03:45 PM   #7
Bluetear

Quote:
Originally Posted by princec View Post
It's doable, fear not The level lasts exactly 30 minutes with the bosses coming at precise intervals.

My favourite technique is to have a nicely buffed disruptor somewhere they can't avoid, and a laser behind the base.

Cas
and my favorite technique is to use cheat-o-matic to get infinite money and build the best turrets on every pixel on the whole map but the last boss still comes through and destroys my base. Makes sense...
Bluetear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:22 PM   #8
pyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetear View Post
and my favorite technique is to use cheat-o-matic to get infinite money and build the best turrets on every pixel on the whole map but the last boss still comes through and destroys my base. Makes sense...
Seems like the last boss is cheating.
pyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:31 AM   #9
Bluetear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyth View Post
Seems like the last boss is cheating.
ooo... touché.
Bluetear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:45 AM   #10
princec

Puppy Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetear View Post
ooo... touché.
Also, that's not the way you want to cheat The more money you have the harder the game is: enemies have more hitpoints and move faster.

Have a look at the source code...

Cas
Old 12-27-2011, 05:55 AM   #11
1298ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by princec View Post
Also, that's not the way you want to cheat The more money you have the harder the game is: enemies have more hitpoints and move faster.

Have a look at the source code...

Cas
I did, 'twas a terrible film. I was crying in pain by the time the credits appeared on screen.
1298ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #12
princec

Puppy Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1298ty View Post
I did, 'twas a terrible film. I was crying in pain by the time the credits appeared on screen.
Groan...

Cas
Old 12-28-2011, 10:12 AM   #13
Whinette

Quote:
Originally Posted by woko View Post
Are you kidding?

This is so easy!

The achievement you would need for the Steam gift pile would obviously be the single Yeti achievement.
Looks like it's not.
Whinette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:14 AM   #14
Gruber

Quote:
Are you kidding?

This is so easy!

Or not.
Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:15 AM   #15
woko

Quote:
Okay...
woko is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Revenge of the Titans