Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Psychonauts

Old 12-23-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
Zilvafish

What a waste of money!

I consider this a waste of money ->

I have purchased 3 games in the Christmas sales and I have not even started them. Instead, I am re-playing Psychonauts and I'm loving it ... again!

I don't even LIKE platformers. If you don't own it, then buy it. It's clever, funny, charming and weird.

It's my favorite game ever.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:28 PM   #2
DFNathan

Double Fine Productions
Hah! You had me worried for a moment. Thanks for the kind words and support!
DFNathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:50 AM   #3
Belgium

This totally is a waste of money ->

I already own Psychonauts and Costume Quest, and now i've bought them again on PC. What kind of sick con are you trying to pull Double Fine? I also have Brtl Lgnd and Stacking, are you going to be releasing them on Steam just so I can waste EVEN MORE of my precious money on ridiculously fun games?!

I could have bought a small bundle of asparagus to feed my future hypothetical children with the money i've spent on re-purchasing DF games I already paid full price for!

My unborn hypothetical Future Semiconditionally Modified Subinverted Plagal Past Subjunctive Intentional children are starving because of you.
Hope you're happy swimming in your mountain of blood money.
Belgium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:08 AM   #4
JinseiZetsumei

-Buys Arkham City, and various other games that I want to play. Ends up replaying Psychonaughts instead-

I know the feeling.
JinseiZetsumei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 01:33 PM   #5
magaruis

Sadly to say , the christmass steam events made me replay psychonauts. And then play it all the way to the end. AGAIN.
I still loved evry bit of it.
The only thing that saddens me in this game is the fact that it ends on a cliffhanger , all ready for psychonauts 2. With psychonauts 2 never comming out...
magaruis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 01:42 PM   #6
MustardJeep

well libel fine has the rights back to psychonauts so 2 is mighty closer then it was when psychonauts originally came out. Still going to have to smack him around a bit for BUNnnnnBunn.
MustardJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:36 PM   #7
JoeB

Psychonauts is just one of those games you can keep going back to and it's just as awesome as it was the first time. Platformers tend to get repetitive after a while but Psychnauts has so much variety, you'll never get bored.

The only problem I have with it are the technical issues with the game. I seem to always run into trouble on the Napolean stages (e.g. text suddenly missing from menus, textures disappear, or the game crashes).
JoeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:02 PM   #8
DFNathan

Double Fine Productions
JoeB, we have reports of these graphical issues in Waterloo from several other devs. Would you mind posting your Steam system specs here so that we can see what the common denominator is?
DFNathan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Psychonauts