Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > AI War: Fleet Command

Old 12-24-2011, 10:28 AM   #1
auto98

DLC for AI War

I just bought the bundle, which includes 3 DLCs, but only AI War: Fleet Command is appearing in my games list - and when i click the DLC link they don't appear as bought - is this normal and will they be installed under the fleet command entry in the library, or are they missing (the same thing appear to have happened with Wings of Prey/Wings of the Luftwaffe)
Old 12-24-2011, 10:39 AM   #2
Bas92

When you press "CD Key" while looking at AI War in your library, can you see four keys? You're supposed to enter the codes in-game and the DLC's will then be unlocked. So they won't appear as seperate entries in your library.
Bas92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:45 AM   #3
auto98

Ahh sorry yes they do show up. I was looking at the DLC in store and it wasn't saying it was purchased,but when i right click and look at the keys they are there, and when i right click and "view DLC" they show up as purchased

Cheers Bas92
auto98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
Bas92

Ah, good news. Note that when starting a new campaign, you need to enable the DLC content manually. So you can choose to enable the new features such as golems.
If you're new to this game I would recommend starting without the DLC because they make the game even more complicated . Start with the tutorials, then try a campaign on a 60-planet map versus 2 level 3-5 AI's. You'll quickly get the hang of this game during that campaign and after the campaign you can start enabling some of the new DLC stuff.

Of course you can also just jump right in, enable everything (even ship type: complex), play against level 7 AI and lose. Even losing is fun in this game and you'll learn from it. This game seems really overwhelming at first but I don't find the learning curve that hard and it's definitely worth it!
Bas92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #5
Immoli2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bas92 View Post
Ah, good news. Note that when starting a new campaign, you need to enable the DLC content manually.

How do I know if expansions are enabled? I had thought that making the expansion names yellow (or highlighted or whatever) when choosing expansions meant they were enabled, but tried to make them not yellow and both games look to have the exact same things available to build.
Is it that expansions/licenses thing? Do I need them Xed green or not Xed? Guess I'll try that too.

Edit: Well apparently not being Xed means they are not enabled, so I had them enabled that way.
Immoli2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:52 AM   #6
auto98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immoli2 View Post
How do I know if expansions are enabled? I had thought that making the expansion names yellow (or highlighted or whatever) when choosing expansions meant they were enabled, but tried to make them not yellow and both games look to have the exact same things available to build.
Is it that expansions/licenses thing? Do I need them Xed green or not Xed? Guess I'll try that too.

Edit: Well apparently not being Xed means they are not enabled, so I had them enabled that way.
Heh, I sometimes look at things like that and think "well is the X meaning no, or is it a check mark, indicating yes" - would be a lot easier if they stuck to ticks
auto98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > AI War: Fleet Command