Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 12-25-2011, 02:05 PM   #1
HowdyDonut

How do 4-packs work?

Alright so I'm a little confused at how 4-packs on Steam work. I want 1 of the copies in the 4-pack, and I have 3 of my best friends who I feel like giving it to them for Christmas . Anyways, when I'm buying it, do I select purchase for myself? Or for a friend? Or keep in my inventory for later? Need help, thanks!
Old 12-25-2011, 02:07 PM   #2
udin39

for yourself lol.
udin39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:07 PM   #3
woodeeeeee

When buying a four pack, choose purchase for my self, then it will be added to your account, if you choose the other option, it will send the four pack to an other account. When you purchase for your self, they will end up in your inventory, just use your inventory to send the extra three copies to your best buds.
woodeeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:09 PM   #4
JamsteRz

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeeeeee View Post
When buying a four pack, choose purchase for my self, then it will be added to your account, if you choose the other option, it will send the four pack to an other account. When you purchase for your self, they will end up in your inventory, just use your inventory to send the extra three copies to your best buds.
This.
JamsteRz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:17 PM   #5
Satoru

Just to clarify a few things since there's some mistakes above

1) Note you cannot 'gift' a 4 pack to anyone. Add a 4 pack into your cart and you will see you cannot use the 'gift' option when purchasing.
2) One of the 4 pack is always burned to activate on the purchasing steam account. Thus you end up with 1 game in your account and 3 giftable ones. You cannot gift all 4 copies.
3) Once you own the game, you cannot buy a 4-pack of that game anymore. If you already own say Terraria or Borderlands, you cannot purchase the 4 pack (it will go into your cart but it is not purchasable)

Once you buy the 4 pack, you will see 3 giftable copies of the game in your steam inventory. You can then gift these to people via their email, or directly through steam if they are your friend.

Last edited by Satoru: 12-25-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:21 PM   #6
HowdyDonut

Alright, thanks so much guys!
HowdyDonut is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips