Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 12-25-2011, 08:14 PM   #1
hushicho

Red Diamond ! Sign

I don't know if anyone can help me, but I installed Skyrim the other day, played it fine, then had to do some maintenance and rearranging on the disk and had to delete local content. I re-downloaded it and reinstalled it, and when I tried to start it up, a large red diamond with a large white exclamation point (!) appeared on the title menu. It crashed.

I uninstalled it and deleted the directory, then re-downloaded and reinstalled it again, and it seems to work fine...except the loading screens, which are supposed to have graphic representations of the items they are talking about, have the same red diamond with an exclamation point in them. I don't know why this should be, since I didn't actually tamper with anything else and all the files should be where they're supposed to be.

Any ideas? This is driving me mad, and annoying the blazes out of me.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:21 PM   #2
Zora-Link

Try verifying the integrity of your game cache by right clicking on it in your Steam library, going to local files, and choosing said option.
Zora-Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:04 PM   #3
hushicho

Thanks so much! I think that's done it.
hushicho is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V