Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Saints Row The Third

Old 12-26-2011, 03:09 AM   #1
whyisitsohard

Cant start the bloody game ! ! !

I get the screen where you choose DX9 or DX10/11 and then it disappears. Game never loadss

OR

I start the game and steam says "launching sr3" and nothing happens. I dont even get the DX9/10/11 screen.

What the hell is going on ????
Old 12-26-2011, 09:28 AM   #2
Hells High

Mine crashes after the AMD video. jarateing me off immensely.
Hells High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:35 AM   #3
whyisitsohard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells High View Post
Mine crashes after the AMD video. jarateing me off immensely.
OK - Direct X 10 and 11 just does nothing at all

9 seems to start the game OK at the moment.

How do i play the direct x 10/11 version

AND

Is there any difference ?
whyisitsohard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:41 AM   #4
VeryHackedOff

Untested, Undeveloped, Almost Unsuable.

My daughter had no joy at all until I changed the graphics card. Now it will just about start as Directx9 but 10/11 just play about with autosave demonstrations, before dumping you back out once more, very nice - NOT.
DX9 appears to have allowed it to start but as a gaming experience it has been slower than watching paint dry. Why oh Why did she have to spend hours downloading gigabytes of ??? when there was a second DVD that was never asked for?
Was the second DVD supposed to be a Frisbee to entertain you while the program downloaded whatever and still did not work?
VeryHackedOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:13 AM   #5
cyborg34573

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryHackedOff View Post
My daughter had no joy at all until I changed the graphics card. Now it will just about start as Directx9 but 10/11 just play about with autosave demonstrations, before dumping you back out once more, very nice - NOT.
DX9 appears to have allowed it to start but as a gaming experience it has been slower than watching paint dry. Why oh Why did she have to spend hours downloading gigabytes of ??? when there was a second DVD that was never asked for?
Was the second DVD supposed to be a Frisbee to entertain you while the program downloaded whatever and still did not work?
Whats her computer specs?
cyborg34573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:14 PM   #6
neema_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg34573 View Post
Whats her computer specs?
I'd like to know this too, I have a DX11 capable card (a GTX 580) yet I can't run this game in DX9 or 10/11, it just closes the game after the autosave menu and goes back to the desktop with no error message or anything.
neema_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:20 PM   #7
VeryHackedOff

Angry Computer Spec

It is an i3 running Windows 64 bit with 4 GB memory and now with a Geforce GTX 550 TI graphics card.
When I said that the gaming experience was like watching paint dry only slower, this was a reference to spending a huge amount of time spent down loading masses of ???
I understand that the game play is 'OK' under Directx9 according to my daughter who is pleased to be able to finally play with a Christmas present.
I do not have any information as to such things as frame rates, though I doubt that my daughter will be overly interested in outright speed.
I do not understand why Directx 10/11 are dysfunctional for this game since the card is said to be compliant.
VeryHackedOff is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Saints Row The Third