Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Commandos series

Old 12-26-2011, 06:17 AM   #1
mralexanderxii

Problem checking steam application - Please help

First I got the can't find steam error. I copied the steam.dll in to the game folder and it seemed to fix the problem. Now i get Problem checking steam application message. What do i do?

EDIT: I have Commandos BEL

Last edited by mralexanderxii: 12-26-2011 at 06:41 AM.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:55 AM   #2
WET

I don't know if it will help in your case (and I actually rather doubt it, unfortunately) but in any case I suggest that instead of copying the steam.dll, you might want to try adding Steam to your search path instead:
Fix thread in the Commandos forums

Original fix thread in the Hitman forums
The reason I suggest not copying the steam.dll is that if that Steam library is ever updated, you would have to remember to go and replace all of your copies. If you just change the search path, the current version is always used.
WET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
mralexanderxii

@KOKUOJEIKU Well first i try and launch BEL in steam it says error cannot find steam. Then i followed a guide that said i need to copy steam.dll file in the commandos folder. Then when i tryed to run BEL again it said problem checking steam application. I know the steam.dll is not the best sollution, but it was the fastest

So now i don't know what to do and i hope this explained the problem to you.
mralexanderxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
Imasargent

I bought Hitman yesterday (The entire collection on steam), and I had the same problem, I did what you suggested in the original, and it has now moved errors from "Unable to find steam" to "Problem checking steam application". Call it a hunch, but I think I'm really close to finding a fix for this, I just don't know how. Suggestions?
Imasargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:15 AM   #5
McVlaga

Have the same problem on today's daily deal - Vampire.
McVlaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #6
velocitygirl

I am having the same issue with BEL- was getting the "can't find Steam" message, so copied the steam.dll over. Now I am getting the "problem checking steam application" error. Has anyone come up with a fix for this? I've tried running in compatibility mode, but no luck.
velocitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #7
Caslon

I'm not trying to be a smart azz , but you can go to Good Old Games site and get both the Commandos:BEL and Commandos:Beyond the Call of Duty PACK for $5.99 and forgo all these hassles you ppl are haviing.

The play speed problem and all other problems don't exist in that GOG deal. For $1 more than Steam is selling the game for, you can play it without the Steam hassles. You truely own the game from GoG, instead of leasing it from Steam.

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/commandos_ammo_pack
Caslon is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Commandos series