Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Old 12-26-2011, 06:43 AM   #1
netglow

How To Get a CS:GO Beta Key

Hi. CS:GO beta keys were given out at two past gaming events, EuroGamer and PAX.

There is currently NO WAY to get a CS:GO beta key, unless you get your hands on one of the keys from the aforementioned events.

Bookmark the forums and follow @csgo_dev on twitter and you will be notified when there are updates with the status of the beta. There has not been any open beta announced.

And remember, please read before you post!

www.twitter.com/csgo_dev
http://www.forums.steampowered.com/f...lay.php?f=1188

Last edited by netglow: 01-03-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:39 AM   #2
Cyrez44

Banned
Why would you make a thread called "How To Get a CS:GO Beta Key" and then post in it "There is currently NO WAY to get a CS:GO beta key".

Troll much? lol

Last edited by Cyrez44: 12-26-2011 at 07:42 AM.
Cyrez44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:53 AM   #3
netglow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrez44 View Post
Why would you make a thread called "How To Get a CS:GO Beta Key" and then post in it "There is currently NO WAY to get a CS:GO beta key".

Troll much? lol
The purpose is to draw the attention of people looking for beta keys-- if they see this, they will indeed read it.

I'm not going to answer your question, as I'm pretty sure you can figure it out yourself. Thanks.
netglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:17 AM   #4
Cyrez44

Banned
Yeah, I know lol. I was just messing.

Last edited by Cyrez44: 12-26-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Cyrez44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:07 AM   #5
Fiberawptic

Dumb thread, and you're not a moderator. Let them handle it.
Fiberawptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:17 AM   #6
GimiZigi

Although the title is misleading, I think OP makes a legitimate point.

People are constantly searching the web for any possible beta key which will most certainly result in a lot of not-so-good situations.

Thanks for the thread!
GimiZigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:29 AM   #7
john_volkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberawptic View Post
because you like to open the forum and see at least 5 threads about beta keys , OP is right there's got to be something like this.
john_volkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:54 AM   #8
netglow

Quote:
Thanks for contributing!
Old 12-26-2011, 10:14 AM   #9
Voraith

Quote:
You read this right? Didn't you come to the thread because it said "How To Get a CS:GO Beta Key?" That was exactly its point. It seems as if a good majority of the community is continuously wondering this question.
Voraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:16 PM   #10
ukhazard

Hurrah for blatant +rep gaining attempts.

Idea for thread: Subject: CS:GO - When can I join the open beta? Content: 2012 Please sticky so I can gain kudos for nothing.
ukhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #11
netglow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukhazard View Post
Hurrah for blatant +rep gaining attempts.

Idea for thread: Subject: CS:GO - When can I join the open beta? Content: 2012 Please sticky so I can gain kudos for nothing.
It hurts that you have dismissed me as a simple being in search of reputation points. I have no need for meaningless satisfaction from anonymous people on the Steam forums-- and really, what a small and pathetic accomplishment that would be.

I would be just as satisfied if anyone else made the thread. This morning, I saw three threads asking how to obtain a beta key and I figured I would help out.

Take a look at my past posts here. I have posted only in this section on this account and have put a lot of hard work into attempting to aid in this game's success. I am passionate about the Counter Strike franchise and e-sports in general.

I apologize for upsetting you! Have a nice day!

Remember: the pale blue dot! I wish the reputation feature didn't even exist on these forums, it serves no functional purpose.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:08 PM   #12
netglow

Quote:
And this is one of them. You don't put out a fire by adding more fire. I could report this thread for a false and misleading title. Just because faglow has a large ego and must create a thread for everything on his little mind, and color coat them and make half the font bold or italicized, doesn't mean it's actually useful.
I am still amazed at how cold forum-goers are. I am simply trying to help, what am I really being picked on for?
Old 12-26-2011, 04:13 PM   #13
Voraith

Quote:
And this is one of them. You don't put out a fire by adding more fire. I could report this thread for a false and misleading title. Just because faglow has a large ego and must create a thread for everything on his little mind, and color coat them and make half the font bold or italicized, doesn't mean it's actually useful.
If we're going to make this personal and focus on the OP instead of the thread's actual topic, why don't we sit back and ponder, "What has Fiberawptic done for the community?"

Well, to answer that question judging by your meager post history, absolutely nothing. So tell me, Fiberawptic, why does it seem as if you like to walk around these forums on a high horse and criticize all of the people while you do absolutely nothing? And it's color coding, not color coating. ing idiot.

I'm not one to start an offensive towards someone, but you're useless to the people on these forums and shouldn't be allowed to have an account. Hop off of your high horse, nobody appreciates it.
Voraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 04:23 PM   #14
mosquito.tyler

netglow, you're all heart. <3

mosquito.tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 04:43 PM   #15
broadwey

Banned
TBH People should know this by now
broadwey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive