Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alice: Madness Returns

Old 12-27-2011, 09:01 PM   #1
HurtSauce

Weapon upgrades

Is it possible to get enough teeth to upgrade every weapon fully or should I save some to upgrade the better weapons? So far I only have the vorpal blade and pepper grinder, each upgraded once.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:28 PM   #2
nonplus++

Banned
I'm playing for the first time, so far I have the vorpal and grinder upgraded twice.

Where I am at the moment is quite hard it throws so many enemies at you that you might need those weapons upgraded to progress.
nonplus++ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:36 AM   #3
HurtSauce

OK thanks, I don't have enough to upgrade either of them a second time I just wasn't sure if they got really stingy with them in later levels, as they are quite abundant right now.
I'm only into what I can guess is the second stage of the game, Alice is wearing a steam-punkish dress. There's a lot of boxes to smash and little caches of teeth from time to time.
HurtSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
AntiFear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtSauce View Post
Is it possible to get enough teeth to upgrade every weapon fully or should I save some to upgrade the better weapons? So far I only have the vorpal blade and pepper grinder, each upgraded once.
I've beaten the whole game. I've collected all the teeth very thoroughly to upgrade all the weapons (xbox achievement) and actually by the last 2 levels you can have all of the weapons upgraded.

Generally I recommend upgrading one melee weapon all the way first and one ranged weapon, which ever you like (you'll have either teapot or peppergrinder)
I'd say have the two main weapons at least 2 upgrades ahead of the other two weapons.

Also depends on what difficulty you're playing. I was playing on hard and it was very hard at some points. I think my personal favorite weapons were upgraded kitchen knife, or whatever its name, and the Tea Kettle as it has large splash damage
AntiFear is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alice: Madness Returns