Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tomb Raider series

Old 12-28-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
veil_lord

Question Does Anniversary work with Windows 7 64-bit?

The sale looks interesting. Does this work OK on Windows 7 64-bit systems or are there any glitches?
Old 12-28-2011, 11:40 AM   #2
mindgames

Didn´t have any glitches yet on W7x64
mindgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
veil_lord

Good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindgames View Post
Didn´t have any glitches yet on W7x64
Cool, may have to give it a try then.
veil_lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:03 AM   #4
RedJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by veil_lord View Post
The sale looks interesting. Does this work OK on Windows 7 64-bit systems or are there any glitches?
I got anniversary today and i've been playing it with windows 7 64 bit. So far I've only played the first map and in the Manor. Playing In the Manor I experienced a bad glitch that took me a while to figue out, had to look it up online.

What happened was I turned on the water and after releasing the statue that is holding a gold bow I grabbed the bow and couldn't figure out how to surface so poor Lara drowned. After dying the checkpoint was reloaded and I had to release the statue again only this time the bow was gone. Looked everywhere and there was no bow so I had to completely start over. I made sure not to turn on the water until after I got the bow the next time through.

Then I started playing the normal game and found that same damn glitch kept happening along with a few other wierd things.

I've only played the first level so far,and while trying to obtain the secret items and the relic I found that if you die after obtaining them and the game loads the checkpoint, the items are no longer there and you have to start over to get them, and that includes erasing your profile as the game will not allow you to start a new game without using a new profile. You can only continue. Very annoying.

Another thing if you load a saved game way before you even got the items they are still not there. You have to restart from the beginning and erase the profile.

Also saved games do not always start you from the point you saved, it sometimes starts you from some of the checkpoints for some reason. So if you decide to save the game before attempting a difficult part, you may find yourself alot further back then you thought you'd be when you load your save.

Only my first day playing and only played one level and i'm already very frustrated with the game because of these issues and because certain jumps and grapples that i've done so many times seem to randomly not happen as they should and I die causing me to have to start over completely because the relic or secret items disappear.

But maybe i'm missing something.

Last edited by RedJohn: 12-29-2011 at 12:07 AM.
RedJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:32 AM   #5
veil_lord

Darn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJohn View Post
I got anniversary today and i've been playing it with windows 7 64 bit. So far I've only played the first map and in the Manor. Playing In the Manor I experienced a bad glitch that took me a while to figue out, had to look it up online.

What happened was I turned on the water and after releasing the statue that is holding a gold bow I grabbed the bow and couldn't figure out how to surface so poor Lara drowned. After dying the checkpoint was reloaded and I had to release the statue again only this time the bow was gone. Looked everywhere and there was no bow so I had to completely start over. I made sure not to turn on the water until after I got the bow the next time through.

Then I started playing the normal game and found that same damn glitch kept happening along with a few other wierd things.

I've only played the first level so far,and while trying to obtain the secret items and the relic I found that if you die after obtaining them and the game loads the checkpoint, the items are no longer there and you have to start over to get them, and that includes erasing your profile as the game will not allow you to start a new game without using a new profile. You can only continue. Very annoying.

Another thing if you load a saved game way before you even got the items they are still not there. You have to restart from the beginning and erase the profile.

Also saved games do not always start you from the point you saved, it sometimes starts you from some of the checkpoints for some reason. So if you decide to save the game before attempting a difficult part, you may find yourself alot further back then you thought you'd be when you load your save.

Only my first day playing and only played one level and i'm already very frustrated with the game because of these issues and because certain jumps and grapples that i've done so many times seem to randomly not happen as they should and I die causing me to have to start over completely because the relic or secret items disappear.

But maybe i'm missing something.
Darn, just got the game before I saw your post. Well, $2.50 so I guess it's not the end of the world if it doesn't work, but annoying. Maybe a compatibility mode might help? I still haven't downloaded, nearing my bandwith cap for the month, but I'll have to hope I have better luck than you did.

I did think of one thing, maybe it's possible to find where the profile info is saved and back it up periodically so you can drop it back in to overwrite if there's a problem. Setting up a batch job by creating a simple DOS batch file and using the scheduler in Windows 7 to run it periodically might work. Otherwise, maybe just copying the profile out after each level might still save time.

No idea if this is what is possibly causing any issues for you, but I found the below suggestion in regards to the demo version of the game.

"Disable Data Execution Prevention (DEP). This is a Microsoft security program that may stop TRA from running. To disable this option press :
Start Menu > Control Panel > System > Advanced Tab > Performance Settings > Data Execution Prevention Tab.
Select the second radio button and press Add... navigate to the install folder and select TRA.EXE and press Open and then Apply. Your system may require rebooting."

Last edited by veil_lord: 12-29-2011 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Additional info added
Old 12-29-2011, 11:31 AM   #6
Quemical

I've had the game for a while. Always played int on Windows 7 64bit Ultimate edition. No glitches ever, for me.
Quemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:37 AM   #7
Delvin

I assumed the items counted even if you loaded after getting them? Haven't double checked though. In any case I played through anniversary earlier without any technical issues on Win7x64. I did, however, have problems with the save system.

Namely, in one of the last levels I got to a hard-to-reach spot with a checkpoint. Then I backtracked to the beginning of the level in search of some supplies. Triggered one of the early checkpoints again on the way back and saved. Now every time I'd load, it'd send me to the checkpoint at the beginning of the level. Going back to the original hard-to-reach spot didn't trigger any new checkpoints, apparently they were one-time only, so I had an extremely irritating section of the level to play until the next new checkpoint (I considered restarting the level, only to find out there was no such option without starting the entire game from the beginning).

Legend has been crashing occasionally, possibly something to do with my video settings. Managed to get halfway through that game now...
Delvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:24 PM   #8
veil_lord

Thanks for the responses.

Thanks for taking the time to post. I've given + reps. I'll hope I have the good experiences. It's really great to be able to ask and see real life if the game actually works on the newest OS instead of basing it off of random posts from who knows when online.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:22 AM   #9
katfishgr

win 7 ult x64 here ... nvidia graphics card ... game starts, intro plays, crashes to desktop ... im running sli and a quad core, not sure if that's the problem or not, havent figured it out yet
katfishgr is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tomb Raider series