Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Metro 2033

Old 12-29-2011, 10:11 AM   #1
cymek999

Question Metro 2033 won't start on Steam!

Hello everybody!
So I bought PC version of Metro 2033 like year ago. I enjoyed the whole game. Though many people had bugs and glitches, i don't really remember having any of these.
Few days ago i thought i'd like to play Metro once again. So i opened my Steam account, selected "Metro 2033" and pressed "Play" button. The loading window is there for a few seconds and then this message shows up: "The game is unavailable right now. Try again later". Or something like this.
I played many games on Steam and i've never encountered that kind of problem before. Half Life, HL2, CS:S, CS 1.6, both L4D's etc... all these worked perfectly without any flaws. I also tried "Delete local content" few times, then reinstalling the game. Didn't work.
It's stupid as i bought the game and i can't play it. I should be able to run it any time i want :<.
Please, help me.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
xzoltan

Of course you should, and I'm sure there is a perfect explenation for it. Have you tried verifying the game after the download/install is complete? Also try and restart Steam and/or your computer after an install. It is sometimes a good idea. Other then that, I'd say you have to contact Steam if that doesn't work.
xzoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:59 AM   #3
cymek999

Arrgh. I uninstalled it, installed again, restarted both computer and Steam, then also verified the game. The same message still shows up: "The game is unavailable right now. Try again later". What the hell is that? This is why i hate things like Steam. Those older games, the one on CDs (not in virtual structure) worked anytime i wanted to play. But now... You see what happens.
Anyway, if anyone knows the possible way to solve this problem, please help me.
-------
EDIT:
I just tought of something. If i had uninstalled Steam and then installed it once again, would it help? If yes is there an easy way to uninstall it? Or i have to do it manually?

Last edited by cymek999: 12-30-2011 at 09:03 AM.
cymek999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:10 AM   #4
xzoltan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cymek999 View Post
Arrgh. I uninstalled it, installed again, restarted both computer and Steam, then also verified the game. The same message still shows up: "The game is unavailable right now. Try again later". What the hell is that? This is why i hate things like Steam. Those older games, the one on CDs (not in virtual structure) worked anytime i wanted to play. But now... You see what happens.
Anyway, if anyone knows the possible way to solve this problem, please help me.
-------
EDIT:
I just tought of something. If i had uninstalled Steam and then installed it once again, would it help? If yes is there an easy way to uninstall it? Or i have to do it manually?
To be honest I think you are just unlucky. I've used Steam for years, and I've had this problem once. Maybe had 3-4 problems with Steam all in all. A small price to pay if you ask me to have this service. But again, if I were you, I'd look around some Steam FAQ's. Maybe even google it, because you are quite certain NOT the first to ask this question. It's probably not related to Metro, but some random error.

Also, to uninstall, I guess if you mean manually going into the control panel and doing it that way, I'd say yes, you have to do it manually.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:08 AM   #5
cymek999

I tried the methods suggested by Steam itself. Here's the link:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...4595-wexn-6831
Still having message: "The game is unavailable right now. Try again later". This is so freakin' annoying. I paid for the game and i want to play it anytime i want. If i had downloaded it from torrent or other crap i'd probably work perfectly .
Anyway, any other ideas?
cymek999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:37 AM   #6
xzoltan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cymek999 View Post

I tried the methods suggested by Steam itself. Here's the link:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...4595-wexn-6831
Still having message: "The game is unavailable right now. Try again later". This is so freakin' annoying. I paid for the game and i want to play it anytime i want. If i had downloaded it from torrent or other crap i'd probably work perfectly .
Anyway, any other ideas?
If you have tried that the methods there, I'd suggest contacting Steam support. I'm sure they have a contact form either by mail or phone, which ever you prefere. Since no one else is answering, and I don't really have any clue what could be the problem, I'd say that's pretty much your last option right now. They should be able to assist you.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #7
Stunt_Man

It sounds like there is a problem with the game linking to your account. Do me a favor. On Steam, click "view" then "settings". When the settings window pops up you will see a link in the upper right that says "View Account History"

If you click on that it will load a window with your licenses and subscriptions, that will tell you which games you own and how you came to possess them. For instance if you installed a game from a CD it will say "Retail" next to it.

Just do that to see what the status is of your Metro 2033 ownership. I remember when I gave my brother my copy of Fallout: New Vegas I had to go in and unsubscribe it before it would allow him to install it and play on his Steam account.
Stunt_Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Metro 2033