Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 03-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #841
Capn Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog_5678 View Post
Maybe it's particular to me and my ongoing mental problems but I often get bogged down in Skyrim. All the discoveries, all the options, all the crafting chores, all the looting and marketing, it adds up and I find I spend way more time than I'd like on non-action mundanes. It pays off when I do go into quests but I just wonder if I'm burdening myself or if that is the nature of this kind of game play.

My character is the Nord warrior but I also enjoy sneaking, magic and enchanting. Not big on thieving but pilfering the pockets of bandits can be fun. Any suggestions/advisement?
For a change of pace, try being a hunter/prospector. With my latest character (wood elf), I live out in the woods, collect pelts, catch salmon in the rivers, and mine ore deposits when I happen across them. Then periodically come into town, sell the pelts, smelt the ore into ingots and sell them. Then back off into the woods..
Capn Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:05 AM   #842
Sparzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk318 View Post

...Didn't need cheats for when my reactions were slowed by bouts of bad arthritis...
You don't need to tell me about arthritis. I may be only 37 but have suffered arthritis in my hands and a few other places for the last 21 years, due to a car accident when i was 16.

I feel your pain!
Sparzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:35 AM   #843
hawk318

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparzy View Post
You don't need to tell me about arthritis. I may be only 37 but have suffered arthritis in my hands and a few other places for the last 21 years, due to a car accident when i was 16.

I feel your pain!
Yupper when games require me to play hard and fast, there are times/games when I have to use cheats just to be able to finish a game..... Hate to admit it, but you know as well as I, there are those days when moving even a mouse is a chore.
hawk318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:11 AM   #844
rustyrudder

Broke the metacarpals in both hands as a youth and for years have been using a trackball mouse. Without that I wouldn't be able to do much gaming. I find it's really much better, has a short adjustment time and there's much more agility on-screen than a regular mouse. I do always have to invert the axis control in all games since my natural tendency is the opposite of a reg up/down mouse move. Games like Crysis/II, BF3 and others are all played at top difficulty. With Skyrim tight swording, etc are tricky since any movement of the ball changes the vertical pov..but other than that for myself it's far superior to reg mice input devices and doesn't aggravate arthritis & tendonitis. Recently replaced the old logitech w/ logitech's m570 and like the wireless aspect.
rustyrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:27 AM   #845
bddblade

LOL! This thread is epic xD
bddblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:01 AM   #846
SixSixSix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparzy View Post
I tend to become bored with lots of games too, i'll play them a while then become bored like with Dead Island. I played it for about a month and then lost interest. Borderlands i liked, i even got thru the 2nd playthrough with all the expansions, now im waiting for Borderlands 2. I played Diablo2 for so long i cant even look at the game now, it makes me scream. So D3 better be all we're hoping for. Dungeon Siege 3 i played for about 30 mins hoping it'd get less disappointing, then deleted it.
If you still like D2/LOD, there's a great mod out for it. Google Median XL and Brother Laz. It's a totally different game with great graphics. Guy should be working for Blizzard.

I'm currently playing a RPG toting necromancer; and a bomb-throwing assassin.
SixSixSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:04 AM   #847
Sparzy

In D2/LOD i always play bowzons, played them so long i can't really play other classes. Mods are ok i've played a few but D2 without the multiplayer is boring. All i do now is cow level games if i play.

This thread is so popular they should make it a sticky, we have 41,657 views and 846 replies.

Geezers Rule!

Last edited by Sparzy: 03-05-2012 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #848
Mephitic

Just started a new character, playing at master difficulty. Oof. Previously unimportant elements are now critical survival tools. It is amazing how the game changes. Food helps conserve potions and I finally understand why there are alchemy and enchanting tables in ruins and caves.

This is my third character - the first played through to level 57 with no console help, the second got help in early and late stages because I got lazy, and I'm hoping this one gets by without undue divine intervention.

I am looking forward to getting the Archmage robes and I will undoubtedly replace them with the hoodless version via console if I can't snag it in-game. I like that look better, and when combined with Mehrune's Razor, a fancy circlet, and Nightingale boots and gloves, it makes for a (imo) awesome-looking character.
Mephitic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:31 AM   #849
Daevenaire

I really like how this game allows many different approaches to playing it. It is more an "environment" than just quest oriented.

I'm on my third character and loving it.
I went from an agressive fighter to a stealthy archer. What a difference.

Hope you continue enjoying the game.

Daev
Daevenaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #850
Sparzy

I normally play with tgm on as i like to explore and be able to carry whatever i want. You can still get poisoned, diseased and be able to pass out in drinking contests.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #851
OrcishDonut

I am 55,and I love this game. I've also played Morrowind, Oblivion, Lineage II, and several others.
Oh, and I love that Bethesda has returned some of the factionalism to this game that was present in Morrowind, but was not so much present in Oblivion.
OrcishDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #852
arcadiazone

I'm 43, Love Skyrim, also been playing games my whole life way back to commodore 64 and the old ZX Spectrum, ah loading games through tapes. Also modding games since Doom and Quake.

Love Syrim and The Witcher 2, still have Oblivion and play that from time to time

Playing 4th Character, only use 1 cheat the inventory, cos I like to have lots of weapons lol.
At present learning about Creation kit, looking at creating my first mod for skyrim, called Skyrim Dark Age

Last edited by arcadiazone: 03-05-2012 at 07:42 PM.
arcadiazone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #853
bobczes

If all the geezers are playing video games, who's minding the bingo hall?
bobczes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #854
Numbnumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobczes View Post
If all the geezers are playing video games, who's minding the bingo hall?
Granny!
But on her night off she plays....
Numbnumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:13 AM   #855
CalicoWitch

I'm 63 and I play this game. Even had to buy a new computer to do so.
CalicoWitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V