Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Foreign Legion series

Old 12-31-2011, 02:26 AM   #1
missing string

Couple of questions

Hi all,

1. I need to reinstall my OS and see in the FAQ about the profile being stored in the registry:

Quote:
How can I backup my profile?
Easily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello
It’s all stored in the registry as it seems.
Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sakari Indie\Foreign Legion
Caveat: These values directly affect your character in-game. Please, refrain from manipulating them.
How exactly do I back this up? I've never really played around in the registry before and don't know how to backup a registry area.

2. I got to level 20, assuming this was the last level due to the last unlocks being at this level, but kept leveling and am now level 22. What is the max level?
Old 12-31-2011, 03:16 AM   #2
MerlijnVH

Foreign Legion: Buckets of Blood
Fairly straightforward. Open up your start menu, if you're using Windows 7 you can use the 'Search programs and files' field to look for the 'regedit.exe' application.

Use the directory tree on the left to find the Sakari Indie branch, right click it and select 'Export'.

You can export this registry file somewhere on your computer and back it up. Once you've re-installed your OS, you can just double click the registry file and the data will be re-inserted back in the same place with the same values.

Happy re-installing.
MerlijnVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:47 AM   #3
missing string

Thanks for the swift reply. Curious, if you don't have the game installed, and you add in the values by double clicking the file, will they get added? Ergo, you don't need the values in place that will simply be overwritten, they can also be created by the file?

Also, don't want my other question to be lost, about the max level in Foreign Legion, if anyone knows, let me know, thanks!
missing string is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Foreign Legion series