Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Flight Control HD

Old 12-18-2011, 06:06 AM   #1
Mytharox

New Snowball Achievement

Thanks devs for joining in the the Christmas fun.

For those who are wondering what the achievement is and where to get it:

Snowball
Land 5 helicopters in a row on the Windy airfield

http://wonders.mine.nu/astats/Steam_...16&AppID=62000

There is a Windsock in the center of this 3 star difficulty airfield. (It's the 3th from last.)

Getting it done is rather easy, just let all helicopters fly circles till you have 5, while landing all regular planes. And then let your 5 helicopters land in a row while letting any planes still in the air fly circles.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:12 AM   #2
Scorcher24

Yeah, did it in like 5 minutes, including downloadtime lol.
Back to 100% .
Scorcher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #3
theOtherGuy

Why do I get the feeling like there's going to be a Winter themed achievement hunt?
theOtherGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:25 AM   #4
Thorghan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOtherGuy View Post
Why do I get the feeling like there's going to be a Winter themed achievement hunt?
Because it's logical.
Thorghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 03:04 PM   #5
NovaStalker

This is a massive pain in the . I keep failing at 3 helicopters. They just don't spawn.
NovaStalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:18 AM   #6
MaverickTG

Quick question. This is my first time going for an achievement for this holiday sale. When you try & land the helicopters, do you have to start Steam ONLINE and then do the accomplishments? or can you do the accomplishments offline and then log onto steam?
MaverickTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:37 AM   #7
Sir_Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickTG View Post
Quick question. This is my first time going for an achievement for this holiday sale. When you try & land the helicopters, do you have to start Steam ONLINE and then do the accomplishments? or can you do the accomplishments offline and then log onto steam?
If you want achievement you have to be logged unforunatelly in Steam. Because, you know, those achievemnts are from Steam.
Sir_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:49 AM   #8
MaverickTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Pete View Post
If you want achievement you have to be logged unforunatelly in Steam. Because, you know, those achievemnts are from Steam.
OK, thanks for the response - I suspected as much. I wasn't sure if Flight Control HD saved some sort of a file locally on the PC or not.

I just don't like logging into Steam online because a couple of times earlier this year, some of my games somehow became "corrupt". No matter what I did, the games would not start - kept getting error message (something about xxx game is not available right now). As soon I used the verify cache tool in Steam, it "updated" itself and then the game became playable once again. Ever once then, I've learned my lesson. The only time I bother going online is to download new purchases.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:51 AM   #9
Scorcher24

Game not available mostly means that there was an update you did not download yet.
There is nothing evil with that.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:10 PM   #10
iviv

Quote:
OK, thanks for the response - I suspected as much. I wasn't sure if Flight Control HD saved some sort of a file locally on the PC or not.

I just don't like logging into Steam online because a couple of times earlier this year, some of my games somehow became "corrupt". No matter what I did, the games would not start - kept getting error message (something about xxx game is not available right now). As soon I used the verify cache tool in Steam, it "updated" itself and then the game became playable once again. Ever once then, I've learned my lesson. The only time I bother going online is to download new purchases.
If files on your PC are somehow corrupting, I'd be buying a new hard drive tbh.
iviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:32 PM   #11
MaverickTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher24 View Post
Game not available mostly means that there was an update you did not download yet.
There is nothing evil with that.
Well that would be the logical reason but the thing is that I have the automatic update feature turned off on all my games.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:33 PM   #12
Scorcher24

That does not mean you don't need to update. Only that it is not done automatically.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:34 PM   #13
MaverickTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStalker View Post
This is a massive pain in the I keep failing at 3 helicopters. They just don't spawn.

Keep those helicopters circling in a very tight circle near the landing pad. As soon as you get 5 of them on the screen, land them quickly one right after the other. If an airplane tries to land before one of the helicopters, divert it or have it circle until all 5 land. I just did it 15 minutes - took a few tries but it is not difficult.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:37 PM   #14
MaverickTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher24 View Post
That does not mean you don't need to update. Only that it is not done automatically.
Well obviously yes! I know that. I was replying to your comment saying that it wasn't quite done downloading an update. It's not POSSIBLE. The only time I go online is when I make a new purchase.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:36 PM   #15
ch4ch4

Quote:
Well obviously yes! I know that. I was replying to your comment saying that it wasn't quite done downloading an update. It's not POSSIBLE. The only time I go online is when I make a new purchase.
Don;t you need to be online to get achievements?
ch4ch4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Flight Control HD