Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 10:59 PM   #1
TheRevanchist

So the Gift Pile ran out and we didn't get any sort of warning except for a sticky?

I don't usually make these kinds of rage complaint threads, but feel like we should've gotten a fair warning that gift pile had ran out except for Valve stuff.

The sticky was nice but not everybody comes on SPUF or notices those kinds of things u know.

Before this I actually always gave Valve the benefit of the doubt but I really feel like they handled this poorly.

I also know it's probably highly unlikely that I would've won anything in the drawing with the 14 coal I used to craft Valve coupons, but still it would've made me feel better that I had a choice of what to do with my coal.

I still <3 u Valve, and I thank you for the effort u took to put together this sale. Hopefully you'll learn a lesson from this sale and not make the same mistakes next time.

xoxo

/rant
Old 12-31-2011, 11:03 PM   #2
scotland372

Banned
The coupons are a good idea, but giving them a 2 month window and releasing them at the same time as the sales make for a bad launch.

I was looking forward to getting another coal so I could craft, now I don't really care.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:06 PM   #3
Paprika Killer

what did they actually do wrong? you sound like this is the last thing that tipped you over in a long chain of "poor" decisions on their part. I mean other than the first 3 hours of the sale server issues and the trade subforum being, well, that. I don't really see what else went wrong
Old 12-31-2011, 11:07 PM   #4
damiangerous

Nothing has really changed. You were promised coal, a coupon or a game. You will still get one of those things.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:08 PM   #5
GirlPower23

They haven't done anything wrong. The event was fun and wonderful. I do think communication needs to be better for everyone when things have a limited amount and it runs out. A sticky won't get to everyone unfortunately.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:10 PM   #6
Reebdoog

Kinda annoying =/
I was about to spend most of today getting a bunch of achieves I didn't have time to do before, but really can't be bothered now. Lucky someone sent me the stickied link first.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:11 PM   #7
TheRevanchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paprika Killer View Post
what did they actually do wrong? you sound like this is the last thing that tipped you over in a long chain of "poor" decisions on their part. I mean other than the first 3 hours of the sale server issues and the trade subforum being, well, that. I don't really see what else went wrong
Well just a bunch of minor stuff, like the coal farming loophole. This was basically the only that IMO they did "wrong". Sorry if I sounded like I meant something else. English isn't my first language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlPower23 View Post
They haven't done anything wrong. The event was fun and wonderful. I do think communication needs to be better for everyone when things have a limited amount and it runs out. A sticky won't get to everyone unfortunately.
Yeah this is pretty much what I was getting at. Bad communication about the gift pile running out.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:12 PM   #8
Sifer2

It was a bad event. So only fitting it goes out in such a hilariously bad fashion.

It's like when its time for Santa to leave the mall an the last 30 or so kids that have been waiting for hours get shafted an go home crying. Worst part is I can't even display my 33% off Valve coupons proudly as a memento since they will expire lol.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:13 PM   #9
Paprika Killer

ah like that, sorry for reacting like that but everyone is suddenly mad at valve for imo very little reason
Old 12-31-2011, 11:14 PM   #10
Stylw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paprika Killer View Post
you sound like this is the last thing that tipped you over in a long chain of "poor" decisions on their part. I mean other than the first 3 hours of the sale server issues and the trade subforum being, well, that. I don't really see what else went wrong
I think most of the hostility towards the gift pile promotion is directed towards the coal/game farmers and hence Valve for not finding a way to stop it. (which I think isn't even possible)
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion